“Someone PLEASE open another hotel in Wildwood!”
Review of The Wildwood Hotel

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Wildwood
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I have stayed here on several occasions and the ONLY reason I come back is the location. The hotel is getting run down. It leeks terribly when you are trying to get in from the parking garage. The rooms are dark. The breakfast is lousy. The coffee is weak. The management is terrible. I have stayed on numerouse times and never once have they been able to manage their housekeeping to allow for an early check in. They sure want you to check out on time though. if you are not on the top floor don't plan on sleeping because the people in the rooms above you sound like a stampede. Too bad there is not another hotel in Wildwood. It would give this one some competitive incentive to do better.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Seminole16
Beth B, General Manager at The Wildwood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your recent stay with us. It is a bit surprising to hear that you feel the hotel is run down being that it is just five years old. If you are referring to the covered parking garage, I will pass your comments on to the owners, The City of Wildwood.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

I recently stayed at the Wildwood Hotel and found it to be a very fine hotel.
It was pristine , which is something I am always concerned about. Secondly, the furnishings are not the cookie cutter hotel/motel standards. The room was tastefully appointed with beautiful pieces including the vanity in the bath. Also, the complimentary shampoos, conditioners, soaps are a cut the above what you usually find . I did not get a chance to use the indoor pool, but it too looked very clean and well maintained.
Appreciated the parking garage, considering this area had 12" of snow. on the ground. Breakfast was adequate. I stayed on a week night, so the breakfast may vary on the weekends. I stayed on the third floor and it was very quiet and peaceful. I have family who live near by, so I am planning a stay here for a longer period of time this summer to enjoy the many activities that St. Louis has to offer. If you have an AARP membership you will get a nice discount here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the elevator --the halls are very long.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I am always glad to hear that our guests have enjoyed their stay. When you come back this summer, please stop at the front desk so we can let you know all of the activities that will be going on in the Towne Center. May begins the Wildwood Concert on the Plaza, located directly behind the hotel. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

We had an unfortunate accident at our home and were forced to stay at the Wildwood for several days actually on 2 different occasions. The house keeping is very poor. We had to ask for toilet paper and soap. When you stay for a period of 12 days or so you need a fresh bar of soap. Basically all they did was make the bed and put towels in the bathroom. Some days they showed up at 9 but mostly not until 4:30 so there is no routine.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank dvera
Beth B, General Manager at The Wildwood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

I am very sorry to hear that our housekeeping staff did not meet your standards. Their daily routine is to complete the vacant rooms first to get them ready for new arrivals and attend to the in house guests in the afternoon. This gives our guests privacy in the morning while they are getting ready to start their day. Please know that anytime you are dissatisfied with our service, you can call the Guest Service Agents so that your concerns can be addressed immediately.
I do hope that you will give us another try.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Very nice, clean, "pet friendly" King Room with fridge. Excellent staff. Liked Garage Parking and proximity to Table Three Restaurant. Bed was WAY TOO SOFT to point of being uncomfortable.Right across from Breakfast Room so somewhat noisy in the morning. Loved the Wildwood area and St. Alban Roe Catholic Church. This was a great Travelzoo value with gift cheque to the very good Table Three Restaurant across the street. Police Station and Theater also across the street, so safety was a premium!

Room Tip: As this room was "pet friendly" and we had a small dog, the first floor and proximity to e...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

I am so pleased to know how much you enjoyed your recent stay with us at the Wildwood Hotel. I appreciate you taking the time to write such a nice review. Our mattresses were custom made for us. People either love them or hate them. I hope to be able to accommodate to everyone’s personal preference at some point. When it is time to replace mattresses, I would like to be able to give our guests the option of the soft or more firm beds.
Please keep us in mind for your next trip to the area.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stumbled on the Wildwood because we had a large trailor that we couldn't park in downtown St. Louis. Thank heaven for that because the Wildwood was so nice and comfortable that we stayed there twice in the same summer. There are really cute shops and restaurants within walking distance so it felt like a vacation, not a work trip.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank 1971hs

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. I do hope that your schedule allows you to come back when it warms up a bit. Beginning in May, Wildwood hosts free Concerts in the park just outside our back door. We would love to see you again.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Our room is really nice but we are hot tub people! We booked our stay here counting on a spa in the pool room. Unfortunately the hot tub is out of service and covered by a ghetto rigged fake plant island. Super disappointing.The exercise room leaves much to be desired as well. If we would have known that they didn't have a working spa, we would have taken our business elsewhere. We will not be returning to this establishment. If all you care about is a decent room then you should be fine staying here. Otherwise, find somewhere else! We wish we did!

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank mdavies0901
Beth B, General Manager at The Wildwood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2013

I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your recent stay with us. I apologize that our hot tub was not in service during your stay. We need to be compliant with the new ADA requirements and I am having a difficult time locating a compliant chair that will meet the standard with our SPA dimensions. I do hope to have it open in the future.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

My family and I stayed here on a trip to the St. Louis American Girl store. We were very pleased with the hotel, especially the cleanliness. Others reviewed that it was noisy, but we didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. The staff was very friendly, helpful, and accommodating. We arrived earlier than our check in date and were allowed to go ahead and check in.

We really enjoyed the location of the hotel, as it is not in the city. It is in a very quiet, pretty area. The hotel is literally right across the street from a movie theater. With small children, we couldn't take advantage of this but would have under different circumstances. The hotel is situated in an outdoor mall area where it is very easy to walk to several restaurants and stores. In warmer weather, we would have been able to walk most of the places we needed to go. There is a Walgreen's very close to the hotel.

The only negative comments I have are in regards to the pool and breakfast. The pool could have been a tad warmer (it felt chilly to me but the kids didn't seem to mind). Also, it would have been nice to have fresh fruit offered during breakfast. Other than those two things, the stay was fantastic!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Cope5
Beth B, General Manager at The Wildwood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. I do hope that your schedule allows you to come back when it warms up a bit. There are many things to do in the area, even for small children. May begins the Wildwood Concert on the Plaza, located directly behind the hotel. This is something the whole family can enjoy.

636-733-9100

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wildwood
Holiday Inn Saint Louis West Six Flags
Comfort Inn Six Flags St. Louis
Hyatt Place St. Louis/Chesterfield
Comfort Inn & Suites St. Louis - Chesterfield
Drury Plaza Hotel St. Louis Chesterfield
Hampton Inn St. Louis Southwest

Been to The Wildwood Hotel? Share your experiences!