“clean and quiet”
Review of The Wildwood Hotel

The Wildwood Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Wildwood
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Very clean hotel in a quiet neighborhood, good dinning close bye, lacking fridge and a place to secure your valuables, other than that an excellent place to stay

Room Tip: at the moment ask for a room that has good internet access, they are updating it soon though
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Adele C

Reviewed April 4, 2012

We stayed at the Wildwood on our wedding night, after purchasing a travelzoo coupon which included dinner at Table 3 restaurant directly across the street. The hotel is located in a little village setting with a movie theatre on the opposite corner of the restaurant. This is a new boutique hotel in suburban St. Louis, awesome neighborhood, very quiet. The bed was amazingly comfy, the furnishings dark, with a flat screen tv. We had a room with the whirlpool tub which fit both me and my 6'2" husband pretty well.
My only complaint was that the Table 3 had a band playing on their patio that evening, and we could hear it in our room around the corner. But we just turned on the a/c and the fan took care of it.
I would highly recommend this stay to friends and family.
If you are in St. Louis for sightseeing/vacation, this hotel is quite far from the downtown area.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank fireball5734
Reviewed March 30, 2012

Our family traveled to St Louis for spring break and were excited to find such a gem. I will sum this review in "likes and dislikes"
"likes" very asthetically pleasing. Neighborhood and plaza was lovely. Several options available on foot from Walgreens to restaurants, ice cream shops, Starbucks, Dierbergs grocery store and several boutiques. proximity to jogging trails and state parks was awesome. Only about 10 minutes to Chesterfield Mall and several restaurant options on Manchester as well. Very beautiful plaza and gorgeous hotel.

"dislikes" - day one we were gone for 8 hours and returned to our room untouched. We called housekeeping to at least get new towels. We were exhausted And frustrated so we let the other stuff slide. Day2- we were also gone to the Zoo for nearly the same hours. When we returned, our key wouldn't work and our room was far from clean. They had made our beds and changed out our towels. They left our melted ice from the previous day sitting in the bucket and didnt replace any plastic cups. We have a 5 year and 1 year old and the floors were never vacuumed nor were the trash cans emptied (hello dirty diapers...) Our stay was Sat-Wed and not even once were the above mentioned things corrected. Our amenities were never replaced even after nearly emptying all of them on our first night. What sealed the deal was the roach on our bathroom floor Wed morning.

indifferent: Breakfast to me was a bit sub-par but at least included. If they simply would have offered fresh fruit and or pastries, I think it would knock the breakfast to a whole new level. My kids love bananas and Apples but they don't travel the best...just always a nice touch to a breakfast buffet.

Redemption: I have never before complained at a hotel, but we were so exhausted with our issues that we felt we really needed to mention it. Beth at the front desk (manager) was sincerely apologetic and insisted that our issues were unacceptable. She made me feel confident in our problems and that they would be addressed. She offered a voucher for a 1 night stay. I was pleased with her demeanor and personality.
Our overall idea is that if you're staying for just one night, it's a great place. After that, they need to make sure all housekeeping issues will be resolved. Rooms and furniture was very pleasing and comforting. We liked parking in garage under hotel - free! We very much enjoyed the area.

Room Tip: Floors seem paper thin- thinking top floor may offer best sleep for not listening to running feet in...
1  Thank Cublove
Reviewed March 26, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Wildwood Hotel on March 21 and 22. It was a great experience. The room was comfortable, but the lady at the front desk, Lynda, was what made the trip so special. She went out of her way to help us. She was friendly and so helpful that when we go back in May for our grandson's high school graduation we would not even think of staying somewhere else. She is what makes this hotel wonderful. The air conditioner could be quieter, but that is the only thing I did not like. Thank you Lynda. Karen R

Room Tip: We had the King and it was very roomy.
1  Thank Karen R
Reviewed March 19, 2012

My wife and I decided to take a weekend trip to the St. Louis area for the weekend. We had never been to the area before and I was a little against booking a hotel so far from the city. We did end up booking this hotel because of the indoor pool and the breakfast.

When we arrived in the St. Louis area, It was no surprise that the hotel was about twenty two miles from downtown St. Louis. But, I was completely surprised by the hotel and the area that it was located. It was all perfectly laid out. The hotel's exterior looked like it belonged in the french countryside, and the interior was just as lavish. I have read several differant reviews about the hotel and the small problems that exist. The pool did have alot of chlorine and chemicals! I just made sure I took a shower afterwards. The beds are extremely fluffy. (I loved them, my wife did not!) She is also very pregnant so finding a position of comfort is always difficult for her.

The breakfast did offer coffee, cereal, oatmill, bagels, toast, fruit and waffles. They were pretty good about restocking it all. The underground attached parking garage is completely free to use and it enters directly into the hotel. I like being able to pull into the garage out of the rain and not get soaked trying to get in to our room.

The best part about this hotel I would have to say is the staff. Everyone is so friendly and helpful. I think this is one of the best experiences I have ever had at a hotel. Great place to stay. I will stay here again the next time I visit the area.

The hotel is located ideally within walking distance of a massage envy, PNC Bank, Starbucks, Cold Stone Creamery and several other businesses for the shoppers delight. The movie theater right across the street features 10 screens and we utilized it for our two year old daughters first trip to the movies. We saw the lorax which was suprisingly good. She did very well only being two.

I will recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to the area.

Room Tip: The rooms on the top floor may cost more, but they have vaulted ceilings and it appears from the ext...
2  Thank Lee G
Reviewed March 10, 2012

We arrived Friday night late. It's a little hard to find. When checking in I asked for a luggage carry all, and the man at the desk said there should be one by the door. When I told him there wasn't, he pretty much said "oh well" and never addressed me again. We choose not to partake in the continental breakfast and went out. My room didn't have a do not disturb "privacy" sign so I acquired one from the front desk and afixed it on our door. When we came back late in the day, the maids had cleaned our room and the sign was still on the door!. The hotel is nice, but staffing could be better. The beds have so much pillow top that my wife and I kept rolling to the center of the bed. The price for the room is okay, but if you spend another few bucks you will get a Hotel from a larger chain and save on the hot breakfast elsewhere.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank stuman17
Reviewed March 9, 2012

Truly the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on. My girlfriend said the same thing about the bed. I own a temper-pedic bed at home, which is a completely different feel from this bed, but I believe I would trade my tempur-pedic for the bed at this hotel. The Jacuzzi room was large (get vaulted ceilings if possible) and just cool looking in general. Best price by far that I could find anywhere for a jacuzzi room. Only complaint was the TV (limited movie options and hard to get to work). I have read a few other reviews with this same complaint. STAY FOR THE BEDS and SWEET CHEAP ROOMS!!!

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank Drob1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wildwood
Hyatt Place St. Louis/Chesterfield
Comfort Inn & Suites St. Louis - Chesterfield
Holiday Inn Saint Louis West Six Flags
Hampton Inn and Suites-Chesterfield
Drury Plaza Hotel St. Louis Chesterfield
Comfort Inn Six Flags St. Louis

Been to The Wildwood Hotel? Share your experiences!