“Beautiful Hotel”

The Wildwood Hotel, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Wildwood
Reviewed February 24, 2012

My husband and I stayed here last weekend in the jacuzzi suite. We purchased a special voucher through Travelzoo for $129 and received a $50 gift certificate to a restaurant called, Table 3 and a bottle of wine. It was such a wonderful time. The rooms really are beautiful and the guy at the front desk, Jeff was so kind and helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for the fourth floor. It's quiet and they have really nice vaulted ceilings.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Wildwood Hotel, BW Premier Collection

Reviewed February 16, 2012

Following my last stay in St Louis I was determined to find something unique, nice and tucked away for my next business trip: and this was what I found.

It had been a long time since a hotel left me reacting 'Wow'. This is a gem located in an oasis (the newly built Wildwood Town Center). New, well decorated, large rooms and on the 4th floor my room had a vaulted ceiling. The bed was super comfortable to me and I slept very well.

I love movies and this place has a very nice cinema 100 feet out the front door. The complex has a number of nice restaurants within a short stroll.

My three colleagues where equally impressed.

I highly recommend this place for business and pleasure.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 4th floor have vaulted ceilings.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Finrep001
Reviewed February 4, 2012

For a couples' night out, it was absolutely perfect and extremely well-priced.

I booked a night in the Jacuzzi King room for Valentine's Day. My husband and I stayed there for one night. It was exactly what I was hoping for. The bed was amazing, double-pillow top with a down duvet. There were both feather pillow and normal pillows; the feather pillows were divine. The Jacuzzi was excellent and roomy for the two of us, and the provided toiletries were wonderful. I had no problem with the shower, either. The in-room hair dryer worked sufficiently well, and the black-out drapes were great. The size of the room was AMAZING! We were within walking distance to a Starbucks and several restaurants. Oh, and the in-room A/C unit wasn't too loud & it worked just fine.

The staff was OK. When I called with a question about the television around 9 PM, the guy I got kept saying, "Uhh, to the best of my knowledge" and "As far as I know..." I think he was just new. The check-in staff was polite enough, and the check-out staff were pretty friendly.

The only complaints I have are that the walls to the hallway seem too thin; I could hear every door slam (the doors shut on their own, be careful!) and any time someone would get ice. We also heard the pitter-patter of little feet from other guests' children running up and down the hall. The other issue I had was that there were only 30 channels or so, and the HD kept cutting out. No DVD players or Pay-Per-View movies (to the best of the night clerk's knowledge, anyway).

But over all, this was the perfect night for us. We slept amazingly well, had no issue checking in or out, no problems with the Jacuzzi tub, and we even had dinner delivered to us from a local Chinese place. For the same price, at a "nicer" hotel, we wouldn't have had a Jacuzzi tub, and the room almost positively would have been smaller (our room was surprisingly large!)

Total luxury. We'll definitely be staying here again.

PS: I checked our mattresses periodically through our stay, and we had *no* signs of bedbugs at all!

Room Tip: Our window faced toward the theater, so when it was quiet in our room, we could hear laughter and th...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 19, 2012

Stayed at Wildwood Town Center Hotel in August for a pleasure trip. The Hotel is new and is easily accessible (walking distance) to many good restaurants and the movie theater is just across the street. There is also a Grocery Store located in Town Center of Wildwood. The free breakfast at the hotel was excellent; the staff were friendly and very accommodating. The room rate was very reasonable compared to other chain hotels in the area. This is a new facility--everything was clean. Recommend this hotel highly!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 10, 2012

We stayed at Wildwood Town Center Hotel in November 2011 and were very pleased. The hotel is newer and in a neighborhood that has it all. There is a movie theater right across the street and plenty of shopping and restaurants within walking distance. The hotel staff was very pleasant and helpful. The hotel offered a parking garage at no charge and free in room internet access. The room was on the larger side and the bed was the softest I've ever experienced. :-) We would and most likely will stay here again and again!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 8, 2012

When I started trying to find a hotel near the location of a family wedding, I was disappointed in the quality for the price for many hotels in the area--then I found this gem! Seriously--EconoLodge prices but beautiful hotel with clean, comfortable rooms.

Very comfortable bed, even comfy pillows. Nicely appointed with attractive dark wood furniture and a flat-screen TV. Large bathroom with a lovely tub. Even the toiletries were great--smelled incredible.

The staff were friendly and courteous. There's ample free parking in a garage.

The free breakfast was much better than average, plenty of variety. We used the pool and hot tub--the pool was a touch chilly, but when there's a hot tub to pop into, can't complain. It was a little small--but there weren't many others using it. I could see it getting crowded in there easily, though.

Yes, it's kind of far from downtown St. Louis. It's about a twenty minute drive. Be advised. But for the area--you can't beat the value.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 26, 2011

This is no longer an Ascend Collection hotel. The rooms were dark and on the small size.

The location was great for us, but not near tourist spots.

Did not live up to expectations.

Will use them again because of location & price.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank jack_retired
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wildwood
Holiday Inn Saint Louis West Six Flags
Comfort Inn Six Flags St. Louis
Comfort Inn & Suites St. Louis - Chesterfield
Hampton Inn St. Louis Southwest
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Southwest
Hyatt Place St. Louis/Chesterfield

Been to The Wildwood Hotel, BW Premier Collection? Share your experiences!