“Clean, but not worth the money.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Weston
The Saint George Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Weston
Olathe, Kansas
“Clean, but not worth the money.”
Reviewed March 20, 2010

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for our 10th anniversary last year. I did find mixed reviews prior to our stay. Trying to stay positive, I hoped the review stating, "The hotel had really improved due to new management.", was accurate. We stayed in the suite with a corner hot tub. The room was very spacious and clean. Unfortunately, it was sparse, with poor lighting and NO COFFEE MAKER! We enjoy our coffee and when we pay over $100 a night, we want coffee. They explained it was too messy to have coffee in the rooms. If so, maybe complimentary coffee downstairs is a thought. Basically, do not expect any extras or to be pampered. A few small accommodations could have been made to make us want to return. We are planning to visit Weston again this year and are staying at a B&B. I do not recommend this hotel for the price.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Iowa
Reviewed November 10, 2009

You can't beat the location of the St George Hotel. It is smack in the center of charming downtown Weston and within easy walking distance to all downtown shops and O'Malley's restaurant & pub. This is a historic hotel and I greatly appreciate the charming restoration efforts the hotel owners have done on this beautiful building. The restored public areas and rooms are very attractive. Hotel staff also very friendly.
I only wish the rooms were equally comfortable. Most rooms offer only 1 queen bed and not much else in the way of amenities. My husband described the room as "Spartan". I wanted to read while my husband slept, but there was no way to read comfortably. The room was small and consisted of only a queen mattress on a bed frame (no headboard); a small bedside table wedged between the bed and wall with a clock and small lamp; a TV with 10 channels (including shopping channels) in a large cabinet; a small side table with small lamp in another tight space; and a single straight wooden chair. The decorating and colors, however, were attractive and the room was sparkling clean.
Bathroom had new fixtures with nice historic flair, including roomy shower and beautiful pedastal sink plus hair dryer. The tiny shelf to place toiletries also offered 1 bar of soap, shampoo & lotion, no tissues. Not much space to place anything, so we piled our coats & other things upon the single wood chair. There was also 1 luggage rack.
Strangely, we had a constant problem throughout the night keeping the bottom sheet on the bed. We got up several times to replace the sheet. Perhaps it was our continual tossing, since the bed looked comfortable but was very soft and gave us both a backache. The 2 pillows also not very comfortable. Perhaps all investment went into building restoration, leaving little for comfortable furnishings in the rooms. Our room would best accommodate a single traveler. I would not recommend it for 2 persons. Desk staff said our room was frequently requested, so it must be one of the best at the basic price level. The large windows provided a beautiful view overlooking Main Street and our second floor room was quiet. Since there was not much to do, we entertained ourselves by studying how the small room could be turned into a more comfortable space for guests.
Would I stay here again? Yes, but only if I were traveling alone, could have the bed & small room to myself and if all the B&Bs were full. I don't think I could get my husband to stay there again. At $100 for a weekend night plus tax, I felt it was a bit pricey for the small room with lack of amenities and no breakfast. When I went to the adjoining snack shop to purchase a cup of coffee, I was told coffee was free for guests, but there was no mention of this in our room or at check in. Our breakfast in the adjoining restaurant was very good, but it added $20 with tax & gratuity to the cost of our stay. Perhaps experiencing a piece of history is worth the price for some people.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed November 9, 2009

We were in Weston to wine, dine, and shop. No B&Bs were available, so STG was by default.

THE GOOD: Room was clean and pest free. Staff was cheerful and friendly. Elevator was roomy. Bathroom had everything we needed in a bathroom. Plenty of pillows. Thermostat kept the room as cool as we like. Cable TV. Free wi-fi.
THE BAD: Bed sheets refused to stay on the bed during the night. Poor lighting in the living area. No frig nor mini-bar in room. Night stand on one side of bed only. Painfully slow wi-fi. Room void of tissues.

The living area had two lamps with 25 watt bulbs. The effect was a candle-lit room. Maybe that is charming. We couldn't find anything in the living area. The closet area had absolutely no lighting. So, we stacked our possessions in the entry, which was lighted.

I travel with insulin which must be kept refrigerated. This meant trips to the ice machine twice-a-day to keep my baggie loaded. Ice is on the first floor.

We were on the third floor, so that MIGHT explain the slow wi-fi, but I honestly did not experience better wireless on the 1st floor. And when I say slow, I mean painfully slow. I expected much better from Time-Warner.

The hotel offered a restaurant and bar. We did not sample either. Parking is on the street - but it is Weston. So, no worries.

Overall, I'll make every effort to stay at a B&B next time. Given nothing else was available in Weston, we certainly could have done worse than the St. G.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Weston, MO
Reviewed October 1, 2009

My wife and I got married last year in September and didn't realize it just happened to be NASCAR weekend in Kansas City. Not being NASCAR fans ourselves, we didn't realize that this meant that EVERY hotel in Kansas City was pretty much booked for that weekend.
What a relief it was to find the St. George Hotel!!!
We booked 20 rooms for our family, got a group discount, and heard nothing but wonderful things from our relatives about their stay there! What a great way for them to be able to share an experience with each other staying in an antebellem hotel on the most beautiful Main Street in Missouri!

• Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
Baltimore
Reviewed June 26, 2009

I'm only writing this as a warning to people who may rely on room telephones working when they travel. Otherwise, it's a nice hotel. Charming, if you prefer vintage to generic. But phone service is so bad as to be worthless. If you stay here, leave your cell phone on, or warn people who may try to reach you that they will probably have to call twice, or let the phone ring for over 30 rings, or have the receiver in the room not work when the connection is finally made.

This said, the staff is quite pleasant, which is preferable to communication problems that arise from rudeness or indifference. They just need to fix the phones.

I would recommend this hotel to a friend who doesn't need a working room phone.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Warrensburg, Missouri
Reviewed June 14, 2009

My wife and I stayed that The Saint George the weekend of june12 and I personally was very dissapointed in the rooms. The rooms are small, on there website it says non-smoking rooms, cable tv with over 70 channels, wireless internet in all rooms and Temperature controlled with thermostat . Well thats not right, the people in the room next to us was smoking, there was cable tv but only 10 channels, and there was no wireless internet in our room, and i turned the temperature down to keep it cool in the room and it didn't keep it that way, The first night i woke up sweating, and didn't get any sleep Saturday night because the walls are thin and they have doors between rooms, I could hear everything the couple in the other room was doing, and saying. I would recommend staying there at all.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
St Joseph MO
Reviewed February 27, 2009

I just particapated in The Murder and Mayhem at they St. George Hotel presented by Sly Murder Mystery Weekends. All I can say Is awesome awesume awesome. The Hotel was fabulous, The Stores where great particapating as well by having clues for us to find. The 1928 theme was fit very well in that setting. Koodos to Sly Murder Mystery Weekends andThe St George as well as the Enitre Main Street of Weston. I want more!!!!

• Stayed February 2009
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weston
Hampton Inn Leavenworth
Hampton Inn Leavenworth
#1 of 4 in Leavenworth
Ramada Platte City Kci Airport
Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City Airport North
Holiday Inn Express Lansing - Leavenworth
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Atchison
Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City Airport

Been to The Saint George Hotel? Share your experiences!