“My wife and I got married here on New Year's Eve”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Weston
Weston Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 5 Weston B&B and Inns
Olathe, Kansas, USA
“My wife and I got married here on New Year's Eve”
Reviewed January 1, 2011

My wife and I got married here Dec. 31, 2010. The Weston Bed and Breakfast is a beautiful old Victorian home decorated tastefully with antiques and beautiful old furniture. We had paid for a package deal for our wedding- which included: the local Methodist minister, a reception with yummy butter cream cake & punch for up to 20 guests, a CD of pictures they took for us, and a one night's stay in their "celebration suite". Everything went so smoothly!!!! The Methodist minister, Pastor Jim Voight, did a great job, he gave us a lovely ceremony. It was a very thoughtful and respectful Christian ceremony- which lasted about 10 to 15 minutes. Our family and friends took a LOT more time taking pictures of us than what the ceremony itself lasted. All of the rooms on the main level (foyer, parlor, dining room and sitting room) were beautifully decorated and served as gorgeous backdrops for all of the pictures. The B&B staff were very helpful serving cake and punch to all our family and friends and then clearing away the plates later. Ok, about my various ratings....I would give the Weston Bed and Breakfast five stars overall, and we will definitely be back sometime for a cozy weekend ( we live not far away in the Kansas City area ). I gave the B&B 4 stars instead of 5 for rooms for two reasons: first, our suite did not have a TV in it and I know at least one of the other rooms did have one. We had hoped to watch the ball drop in Time's Square as we were staying over New Year's Eve. I asked the staff about this and was told that we were free to watch the TV in the parlor, but it would have been much cozier to watch in bed. Second, our room had a door leading to a balcony which had a great big window but no blind, so that didn't lend itself to much in the way of privacy on our wedding night.......I gave the Weston B&B four stars instead of five for Sleep Quality simply because the room we stayed in was SOOO cold. Our room had windows on three sides and there was not a lot of wall between us and the cold air that night. To be fair, it was bitterly cold when we stayed- I think the wind-chill was down into the teens. And, we were told there was a thermostat in the hallway and we could feel free to adjust the temperature, so in the morning I did turn up the heat. All in all, my beautiful bride and I had a wonderful time and we'll be back again soon (hopefully in the spring). We would definitely recommend this B&B to our friends. The breakfast was amazing. Coffee and cinnamon sticks served at seven and then a nice fancy sit down breakfast served normally at 9, but served at 10am when we were there. If you're in town make sure you eat at the Vineyards for dinner- they had a special six course dinner on New Year's Eve that was fabulous.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank proudhusband

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed November 7, 2010

My friends & I had a real special time here. The people were gracious, the food delectable, the ambience truly superb. However, I slept on a sofabed that two of us had to wrestle with to open up. One side may have been missing hardware which prevented it from opening smoothly - not sure. The mattress on this was pretty uncomfortable to me and did not provide for a restful night. I'm taking the time to write a candid review because I'd like to stay here again and get a good night's rest.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank TLynne7
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed November 3, 2010

3 friends and myself, first, enjoyed a glass of wine on the sunny side porch of this bed and breakfast in a quiet neighborhood. The home is classic late 1800's with beautiful wood and antique furnishings. The hospitality was impeccable and the breakfast scrumptious. Our suite easily accommodated the 4 of us with the ability to close off the two rooms if desired. We felt welcomed and well cared for. On my list of places to recommend and return to.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed July 6, 2010

I could go on and on about how great this b&b is. We moved from the St. George around 6pm the night before my wedding b/c of the dirty rooms and horrible management at the St. George. I was in a panic to find a place to stay the night before my wedding and wedding night (at the last minute). The ladies were so kind. The beds were so comfortable, clean, amazing cooks, cookies upon check in, drinks in the refrigerator. The celebration suite is awesome. I would highly recommend this bed and breakfast.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Columbia, MO
Reviewed June 27, 2010

This place was wonderful. We had to check in at the last minute on the weekend of my sister's wedding due to the filthy conditions at the St George. The owners were very accomodating and worked well with us to alleviate the bride's anxiety. The rooms were immaculate and the hotel and grounds were charming. The breakfasts were amazing. The cookies upon check-in and drinks in the refrigerator were an extra plus. The owners were great and Judy and Peggy were awesome cooks and great to talk to. I would highly recommend this B&B to anyone visiting Weson.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weston
Ramada Platte City Kci Airport
Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City Airport North
Hampton Inn Leavenworth
Hampton Inn Leavenworth
#1 of 4 in Leavenworth
Fairfield Inn & Suites Kansas City Airport
Best Western Plus Kansas City Airport-Kci East
Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City Airport

Been to Weston Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!