“Old Time Irish Pub”

Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We started with a beer flight - excellent way to taste all their brews of which we liked several. The food gets a solid good grade, but the service, while friendly, was slow. Each of the 4 of us had a different meal and all seemed satisfied, although no-one was raving either - so again, it seems that a solid good is the grade for the food-all around. The atmosphere is certainly old-time pub with the gas lanterns lighting the tables and the Irish music playing in the background.

1  Thank JLCLJC

Reviewed February 24, 2013

We stopped in Weston on a Saturday afternoon as my wife wanted to visit an Irish shop in town . We found the main street bustling with activity even some street musicians, We opted to eat at restaurant adjacent to Omalleys pub - service was very good - We each has the reuben sandwich which was very good - and i tried the beer sampler from the Weston brewing Company - allowed for sample of their current types of beer in small 5 oz glasses - was nice to take more notice of the differences between beers and select what you might enjoy the most - we did go over to the pub and check out its three blow street bar levels - quite a descending experience - about 55 feet below the the street - I believe they have live entertainment on each level and plenty of room - we are hoping to go there again with friends and make a weekend of it

1  Thank Grover74
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I've been to O'Malley's/American Bowman restaurant several times and it's always been decent. Not wonderful - but pretty good. There are really only 3 restaurants to choose from in Weston. Our server wasn't great - she seemed to be inconvenienced by us. On her first approach to our table after sitting down, she essentially told us if we didn't order everything then, we would basically be out of luck becuase they were getting ready to "seat the heck out of her." So, I guess we were there on her dining terms, not ours. We went ahead and ordered our meals, although felt rushed. We asked her what she recommended and she said the fish and chips. This is what 3 of us ordered. They were not great. They were bland, lacked seasoning, were super greasy and the breading was weird - it had two layers...like an outer hard "shell" and then a soggy inside breading. The fries were also underseasoned, weren't hot and sort of soggy. Another gal got the Chicken Marsala, which was fine, except she was not expecting the chicken to be fried and breaded. The other got the pot roast and it was also just fine. Flavor was ok, but the chunks of meat were itty bitty. Overall, it was unfortunately not the best experience. Their beer is good, however slighly overpriced. The underground pub is really cool, and I really enjoy it down there, except it is SO smoky, that I think we all lasted about 15 minutes down there.

1  Thank BrookeCroz
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My friend and I had a fun Saturday lunch at O'Malley's. We shared an order of onion rings and a beer flight. Very good! Then we had simple entrees -- she had a salad and I had the kids' fish & chips (plenty for an adult!). Both were very good. The only complaint I have about the place is that it sometimes gets noisy inside. Since it was lunch time, there wasn't any activity in the caves but, I took her down there for a tour. Whew, the smell hits you when there isn't anything going on. But, I've seen bands in the cave before and, if you can tolerate the smoke, it's a fun night!

1  Thank Jan S
Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

We had an amazing dinner upstairs before heading down into the underground bar. The cheddar and ale soup was amazing, as was my pork chop and my husband O'malley's sandwich. There were multiple bands playing on different levels of the bar. It was super smoky, and a bit cramped at times, but the live music in a hole underground was worth it.

1  Thank Tklk1964

Been to O'Malley's Pub? Share your experiences!