“Overall, the accommodations were good, especially...”

Super 8 West Plains
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in West Plains
MOUNTAIN GROVE
“Overall, the accommodations were good, especially...”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Overall, the accommodations were good, especially considering the reasonable cost. However, as a business traveler, your wi-fi seriously needs to be upgraded. I will not stay at your hotel again because I could not do what I needed to do on my computer.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

1 Thank WILLIAM T
SuperGM3537, General Manager at Super 8 West Plains, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear William T. Thank you for your comments about your recent stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and the value we offer. I apologize for your issue with the internet and would like to let you know that we are upgrading it next week. As with any public internet, your speed depends on the number of people logged on with you. We hope the upgrade will help this situation. Please return and see us again. Lawrence Thompson General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Kennett, Missouri
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I didn't expect much from this hotel since it is low budget and I usually stay at Holiday Inn or one of the Hiltons. I had to spend a couple of days in West Plains and wanted to take my little dog with me, however, so Super 8 it was.
First off, it is very easy to find which is important to me. The lobby was nicely furnished and very clean and, perhaps more importantly, the desk clerk had a big smile on her face and gave a cheery "hello, how can I help you?".
My room was comfortable and clean and located at the end of the first floor hallway just a few steps from my car. The walls are thin and I could hear people in the hallway occasionally. This was not much of a problem but would have been if there had been a noisy child close by.
I did not go to the breakfast so cannot comment on that. The dining area was very clean however. Coffee is available 24/7 and was quite good. There are coffee makers in the rooms as well
My TV was being a little stubborn because of the settings the previous guest had left on it and when I asked for directions to fix it, the desk clerk offered to come to my room and fix it herself. This is service above and beyond. There is a DVD in the room and several radio stations are available on the TV.
I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to a friend and I would stay there again. Another name brand hotel in town is over $70 more a night and the experience was about the same.

Room Tip: 126 & 127 are just inside the back door, just a few steps from parking. Great for walking your...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mensamule, We all appreciate your comments about your recent stay. We were happy to hear that your accomidations for you and your dog worked well. On your next visit, please take time to enjoy our new Super Start Breakfast offerings. We hope to see you again soon. Lawrence thompson General Manager
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

The room was clean, had all the necessities, and allowed pets. The only negative is that if you are a light sleeper id bring ear plugs, the walls were thin so you could hear alot of the standard noises (doors closing, suit cases rolling by).

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank katykat33
SuperGM3537, General Manager at Super 8 West Plains, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear KatyKat33, Thank You for your comments. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay along with your pet. We welcome you to return again on your next visit to West plains. Thank You Lawrence thompson General manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Plains
West Plains Motel
#4 of 7 in West Plains
Mammoth Spring Lodge Motel
Baymont Inn & Suites West Plains

Been to Super 8 West Plains? Share your experiences!