“Decent and priced right.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 West Plains

Super 8 West Plains
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in West Plains
Saint Joseph, Missouri
“Decent and priced right.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

Super 8's are usually hit and miss, but this one was fine. I have a corporate lodging card which helps for discounts, but without a discount this hotel is priced about right. No frills, but clean, decent breakfast, and friendly staff. I believe they even have a few RV hookups around back of the hotel which could be helpful. I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
SuperGM3537, General Manager at Super 8 West Plains, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear Hzgmech,

All of us, here at the West Plains Super 8, appreciate all of your comments. We do accept CLC cards, but try and provide a value to all travelers. We look forward to your next stay.

Lawrence Thompson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Kansas City
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

Two non smokers in a smoking room. The smell was in our clothes for two days. I personally like your chain but all rooms should be non smoking.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

SuperGM3537, General Manager at Super 8 West Plains, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear Phillip L.

Thank you for your honest comments. While some hotels have gone to all non-smoking, we here in West Plains, have not made that move yet. Due to the large amount of business we do with guests that smoke , we maintain a minimum number of smoking rooms. Unfortanately, you did arrive on a day where all non-smoking rooms had been taken. I do appologize for the inconvience and hope you will return and enjoy one of our great non-smoking rooms.

Olathe, Kansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

I was charged two nights on a one night stay at this hotel. When I went to ask for them to correct this error, I was hung up on twice by Lisa, and then their manager didn't even call me after I left a message for him to call the day before. The next day I called him, he stated to me,"I understand why my people hung up on you!" I will NEVER stay here again! Yes, I lost my cool at the end of the conversation, but I will keep my word on sharing the true experience this place offers.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
SuperGM3537, Manager at Super 8 West Plains, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Dear Jacob F

I apologize for the charge issue that occurred due to your early check-in. I believe this has been resolved, but if not, please contact me directly. The service you experienced was unacceptable and is being handled internally. Please accept my sincere apology.

James Evans
Corporate Manager

Travelers are raving about these West Plains hotels

Sapulpa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

For the price you pay, it's a decent value. Central location. Clean rooms, except for all the hair in the bathtub (gross!) I had a two bed room and one bed was about a foot taller than the other! Room stays lit up by the parking lot lights, regardless of how you arrange and rearrange the curtains. But again, it's a budget motel. I can't complain at all based on the price I paid

Room Tip: Do NOT get a room by the stairwell. The office staff keeps the lobby TV loud well into the night
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
SuperGM3537, General Manager at Super 8 West Plains, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Dear runningfamily4,

Thank you for your stay with us in West Plains. I appreciate the note about clean rooms and appologize for the issue with a hair. We constantly try to satisfy 100% in this area. Yes this room does have two different beds as we needed to replace an older bed set with a new set and the new pillow top beds are thicker(higher) then the older ones. We will work on the drapes situation so this will no longer be an issue. Again, thank you for all your feedback and we look forward to your next visit.

Greenbrier
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

This is a budget motel and that is what you get. The beds were ok. The room was clean. They need to redecorate. Old bedspreads and pictures on walls. The doors to the room are loud and we heard slamming all night. The ice machine is downstairs and there is no elevator. The internet is slow. The towels are thin. The breakfast is a typical but the juice machine was out of order and I do not drink coffee so I was told to "get water out of the sink." There is no fresh fruit but waffles. The staff is not the friendliest. If you are hot natured do not stay here. I turned the air on high and 60 degrees and it kept cutting off and it was not 60 in the room. If I had not had a fan, it would have been bad. The lights above the night stand did not work and we were going to see if they were plugged in but the bed is heavy and in the way. So no reading in bed. There are 4 plugins by the desk. That is the only ones. If you are looking for a budget motel then this is your place. It is run by Americans as far as I could see. Next time I will be staying somewhere else and pay a little more.

Room Tip: Stay downstairs if you need an elevator. Take a fan if you like it cool.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear preach7,
I am very sorry to hear of the problems you encountered on your stay. I have addressed the issues with the staff because we do want to be guest helpful here. I do want you to know that we are constantly upgrading our rooms with new bedding and amenities. The room you specifically had, was not yet done, but now has new spreads. We have also added fruit to our breakfast as part of Super 8's new breakfast program. I want you to know that any item brought to our attention is always corrected if we are notified. The AC could have beed corrected and the lights plugged in. I again appoligize for the issues you encountered and invite you to return and see how great we can be.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Plains
Mammoth Spring Lodge Motel
Comfort Green Motel
Comfort Green Motel
#1 of 2 in Thayer

Been to Super 8 West Plains? Share your experiences!