“Old but Clean”

Super 8 West Plains
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in West Plains
Reviewed May 14, 2012

This is a very old hotel. At first, when I checked in and walked through the hall to my room, the air smelled old and musty. However, when I went into the room, the smell was better and it WAS clean and nice. No fridge in the rooms, and you have to ask for the WiFi password upon checkout. I would stay here again, however, I would not bring my wife to stay here because she has such bad allergies, and I am afraid the smell would affect people with allergies.

Room Tip: You can get good prices on these rooms at expedia. Its about $5-$10 cheaper a night from there.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
SuperGM3537, Manager at Super 8 West Plains, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2012

Dear Wadeharman,

Thank you for your feedback. We always appreciate knowing how we can improve our guest experience. I am surprised to hear about the musty smell, as we have newer carpet and have it cleaned regularly, but I am glad you brought it to my attention. I will be happy to have housekeeping address the odor concern.

As for the internet issue, a password should be automatically loaded when you access the the free Wi-Fi, but different security settings, you have, may not allow this. If you ever have any problems accessing the internet, do not hesitate to ask our front desk personnel for assistance. I am glad you enjoyed your room and look forward to your next visit.

Lawrence thompson

Reviewed April 28, 2012

Well, I should give this hotel rave reviews simply because it saved my weekend getaway. I had booked and paid for a room on Hotwire and was ripped off, because after I paid, the hotel was revealed to be the Ridge Crest Plaza in West Plains. After looking at reviews of Ridge Crest (shudder), I knew I was just going to take the loss on the Hotwire booking (and never use Hotwire again) and look for something else. Luckily, Super 8 had a room available at a great rate that didn't break my bank since I had already lost money on a hotel room. Very friendly staff and very clean room at Super 8. We had a queen room, smaller room with an easy chair. My complaints are these: We stayed in room 212 which was directly at the top of the stairs. Opening our door and looking down the stairs, the small lobby was in plain sight. We were kept awake for quite a long time by fellow guests visiting loudly in the lobby. At 1 a.m., they were still going strong. I finally turned on the bathroom fan to block some of the noise and was able to fall asleep. Now, we were in town for a concert and I know some of the other guests were there for that reason as well, so I am sure the lobby isn't noisy every night, but this was pretty annoying. The other weird thing was that there were two kind of wing-back like chairs at the top of the stairs very close to our room and there were two guys just sitting in them half the night talking as well. Our room, 212, was right next to a storage closet and my husband said that in the night, someone entered the closet and shuffled around and slammed that door several times. I was disappointed that the front desk clerk did not try to manage the noise level in the hotel and my sleep did suffer. Overall clean rooms, simple breakfast, nice people. I would try this hotel again if I were in the area and hope it would offer a more quiet night.

Room Tip: Avoid room 212 during busy times.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
SuperGM3537, Manager at Super 8 West Plains, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2012

Dear pixiekansas,

I am glad you chose our hotel. I am sorry for the inconvience the additional noise caused. I see you were aware that this was an unusual situation. We did have a group in house that provided their own security and I am also sorry he added to your noise issue.

I would like to thank you for all your possitve comments and hope you will return in the future to prove we can be peacefull as well as friendly, clean and a value. Please contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reguards,

Lawrence thompson

Reviewed April 20, 2012

Very clean rooms and well managed property. Comfortable beds will provide you with a great night's sleep. Plenty of restaurants close by. This is a great value for the cost conscious traveler.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 18, 2012

This was an unexpected surprise, this is the nicest " cheap" motel I've been at on my trip. Mints on the pillow flat screens and so on.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed December 29, 2011

Pros: Good value for the price. Adequate amenities. Free wifi is a plus. USA Today in the lobby. Continental breakfast standard items, bagels, donuts, cold cereal, toast, orange juice and apple juice.
Cons: Watch out for tacked on safe deposit charges. Newspaper comes past 8:30

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 7, 2011

I don't normally stay @ Super 8s or the other inexpensive hotels. Must say this is a gem. Very clean, the bath was mold free a pet peeve of mine. Staff great. Breakfast was typical of these types of hotels, I 'm fine with that I didn't spend $100.either. I will stay again. Kudos to you.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed September 23, 2011

This hotel was the basics, nothing special. Our basic room did not even have a microwave, but it did have a small frig. Lots of railroad guests, next to a Chinese restaurant and on the main street. Is an older building, but the staff were friendly.

Since the TripAdvisor reviews for the hotels in Mountain Grove were sooooo bad, we drive the extra miles to stay at this location. Had we known a brand new hotel was open 30 miles closer to our client we would have stayed there instead.

Room Tip: ASK for a room with frig & micro
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
super8westplainsmo, General Manager at Super 8 West Plains, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about you experience at our hotel. We respect your honesty and encourage people to let us know how we can improve our facility. Feedback whether it is positive or negative is always welcome here and is a tool we work with. Again, thank you for your response. Have a SUPER day!

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Plains
#4 of 8 in West Plains
West Plains Motel
West Plains Motel
#6 of 8 in West Plains

Been to Super 8 West Plains? Share your experiences!