“Not the "Best" Western”

Quality Inn
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in West Plains
“Not the "Best" Western”
Reviewed December 14, 2008

Bedding was totally broke down. The middle of the bed had such a crater in it I expected John Glenn to pop out at any minute. Clearly this franchise needs to invest in up-graded bedding. Would not recommend a night here there are others close by.

• Liked — pet friendly
  • Disliked — terrible bedding
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Missouri
Reviewed September 3, 2008

My family and I have been staying at this hotel for at least a good five years. And every year it just seems as if it keeps going down hill. This time was the last time I will ever stay there. They need to get new house keeping, and new people at the front desk. When we checked in everything was okay, for us, another family member had a problem with them double booking her room. When we got to the room, the floor needed to be vaccumed, and there was some kind of dried food on the curtain. Dusting you could tell is also not the house keepings forte either.
We stayed 2 days, and on the second day we had the "privacy please" sign in the door in the early morning because we have a 2 year old who needed his rest. We then took the sign out BEFORE 11am (check out time, but we weren't checking out) so the maid could come BACK and clean our room since we were staying another night. The maids wanted to get home that day so they didn't bother to clean our room. When we returned back that evening to find our room had NOT been cleaned, the front desk told us we would have to wait to speak with someone in the morning. So we had to get trash bags, and towels and everything ourselves. The next morning I was told we had our sign in the door the whole time so that is why our room was not cleaned. That was a bunch of bull. They just wanted to get out of there so they didn't bother to check back at check out time like MOST hotel's with good house keeping does. It was then implyed that I was a liar, and that I didn't take our sign out at all. I was told bascially too bad. They were in such a hurry to rush me out of the place they couldn't even wait for me to turn in my key, and put my stuff in my car, before they were out there in the lobby giving me my reciept. I hadn't even started to complain yet at that point. But they knew I was going to because house keeping was lazy and couldn't do their job as usual. I also noticed they advertise a "Whirl Pool" they have no such thing. If you ask them why the jet's don't work they say "It's a soak tub." A WHAT????? Never heard of such a thing. And why advertise it as a Whirl Pool??? And even a HOT TUB has jets. I'm really disappointed by this last stay. We used to always be able to count on that hotel. We spent our wedding night there, and now they've just lost all respect for people. Their customer service skills leave ALOT to be desired. They all need to be trained that the customer is always right, and shouldn't be called a liar. That's not just BAD business that's HORRIBLE business.

• Liked — it was a place to sleep
  • Disliked — It's a DIRTY place, and don't expect good customer service. They don't know what that means.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
Craig, Colorado
Reviewed July 13, 2008

Nice clean hotel for the money. Close to everything. Good place to base out of the see the sight of MO. Nice staff, good beds and service. Will be staying here again in the future. This is a keeper.

• Liked — Clean and very nice bed
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed June 20, 2008

This was the second time we stayed at this hotel. Last time was May 2007 (oops, guess I forgot to write a review for it??). Anyway, had a room on the third floor. Room was clean, quiet and comfortable. Used the computer in the lobby for free a couple of times and was pleased with its speed. The staff were all friendly and helpful. I would not hesitate to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
cape girardeau
Reviewed May 5, 2007

This was a very unpleasant stay....Looked as if the housekeeping staff forgot to do all their duties...Dust everywhere...Coffee pot had to be washed before use.....No way would I even think of using it, but another family member cleaned the pot and used it....empty roll of toilet paper on roll....Carpet dirty.....I was there for funeral and was just wanting a clean place to relax before going to the funeral home...We just delt with it unpacked necessary things and clothes we needed and left, but after arriving back to the hotel around 10ish and exhausted we got ready to go to bed only to find the bed had not been changed from the last guest.....Hair all over the sheets...how disgusting!....I called front desk and desk clerk came to room and did tell us how sorry she was and said hotel was having problems with housekeeping...Unfortunately, no rooms with 2 beds avail, so me and my traveling partner had to pack up and move to another room with only a king size bed......Seems there needs to be someone checking rooms before renting ....maybe an exec. housekeeper....I do understand housekeepers do forget to put things in rooms on occasions, but forgetting to change the sheets on the beds....pleaseeeeee.....There is no excuse for such and act....It just upsets me that I got charged for nothing but added stress to my stay......I will also add there were other family members that stayed in the hotel and one person was bit by something and thinking it may have been bed bugs....she even spent time that morning looking for the bugs....doubt she mentioned it to front desk, but told her she should had....It all boils down to a lousy stay, and I will not recommend this hotel to anyone....I will add that I did check the hotel out online and the pics of the lobby look much better than the rooms...all the rooms are very dated.....The front desk dress is very unprofessional looked more like they worked in housekeeping.....I will aslo add the lady working at the desk that evening was nice, prob. did what she could at the moment.....

Stayed April 2007
1 Thank Msj5050
La
Reviewed April 18, 2007

At this hotel we had to ask to have our room cleaned...even then it wasn't up to power...The smell of smoke coming from the employee's break-room on the third floor was terrible...breakfast was a good continental. Lobby always had coffee and hot cocoa.

Stayed April 2007
1 Thank Apr2007
Mountain Home, Arkansas
Reviewed February 19, 2007

We made reservations and stayed one night at a nearby HI Express for our 27th anniversary. We are both smokers and found that it was necessary to stand outside (like 2nd class citizens) every time we wanted to smoke. Not a big deal in Apr. but it was Feb and extremely cold and windy. After about the 3rd smoke break I called Best Western and was informed that they did have smoking rooms, and indoor pool and hot tub. We checked out of HI and into BW and were immediately given a room. The pool is wonderful, the hot tub VERY hot and roomy, with nearby tables and chairs. The room was bigger than HIEx and there is a restaraunt next door, open 24/7 and the food is very good. Free internet in rooms and in lobby for those who don't carry a laptop. The lobby is huge with a very large lounging area with fireplace and T.V. and comfy furniture. There is a fitness room just off the lobby and a nice sunroom around the corner where they keep coffee, tea, and hot chocolate around the clock and serve cont. breakfast each morning. ( Fruit, cereal, pastries,sausage biscuits, milk, choc. milk, fruit juice etc.) Very friendly and helpful staff. Absolutey loved the rest of the weekend.
P.S. Paid $13.63 less for room at BW!!

Stayed February 2007
Mammoth Spring Lodge Motel
Comfort Green Motel
Comfort Green Motel
#1 of 2 in Thayer

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!