“Don't count on your guranteed reservation !!”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in West Plains
Florida
“Don't count on your guranteed reservation !!”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

This review really centers around the simple fact that I booked 3 rooms for 3 nights to spread family members around (>one week in advance). All of the rooms were to be non-smoking. The first hint of trouble was at registration when I was informed the only had two non-smoking rooms available and that the third was a smoking room.

We booked only the two rooms and booked another room at a competing facility. After the second night, my son and family were told they had to check out Saturday morning as there were no more rooms available......what? No real explanation was given.

Once again we had to make other arrangements.

This facility at best is average. I will have to say one thing positive: they did give a small discount to me for the inconvenience.

I will never book a room at this facility again (I do travel to West Plains routinely). I have never run across this problem of rooms in over 30 years of travel. Maybe I am just naive or lucky.

Room Tip: Stay at the Holiday Inn
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Eric M, Owner at Quality Inn, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
I am very thankful you have brought your issue to my attention. Let me begin by apologizing for any inconvenience you experienced. I have researched your original reservations, all 3 booked on 7/23/2013, and discovered the following:
1st - King bed, Non-smoking, Arriving 8/1, Departing 8/4.
2nd - 2 Queen beds, Non-smoking, Arriving 8/1, Departing 8/2.
3rd - 2 Queen beds, Smoking, Arriving 8/1, Departing 8/4.
I discovered that on the date of booking that your second reservation took the last 2 Queen bed, Non-smoking room available, and that it was only available for 8/1, not for 8/2 or 8/3. Then, for your 3rd room, the only rooms available with 2 Queen beds was smoking rooms.
I am not yet clear on when or how the mis-communication occurred regarding which room types were available at the time of booking, but I assure you I will continue investigating and will hopefully be able to develop procedures to prevent it from occurring again in the future.
I have not heard from the other 4 rooms in your family group, but I certainly hope there were no other issues regarding their reservations.
Again, my deepest apologies to you. I hope will accept and perhaps give us an opportunity to make it up to you some time.
Eric M., Owner
Grand Villa Hotel
West Plains, Missouri

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We stayed here during July 2013. It's the only place that has a pool and hot tub to relax in. The free breakfast was great, eggs, bacon, cereal, pancakes, biscuits and gravy, bagels. The staff / service is fantastic. The front desk even had playing cards for us to borrow. The hotel is close enough to drive to a couple of nice restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Tigercharm
Pomona, Missouri, United States
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We've stayed at this property several times and can't say enough about the staff and amenities. We travel with our pets and the hotel accommodated them as well as us. On one occasion, we had to be out for most of an extremely hot day. Normally we take our dogs with us in the car but temperatures in the 100's made that impossible. We asked at the desk about a dog day care but learned there was none. The front desk clerk allowed us to keep the dogs (kenneled) in our room, and even had one of the maintenance people take them out on a potty break twice while we were gone. This is customer service that goes above and beyond and earned our loyalty.

Room Tip: Because of traveling with our dogs, we always ask for the room nearest a side or back door. At this...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Winter Haven, Florida
Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Easy check in, friendly staff, nice size room with microwave and refrigerator. Bed very firm with tiny pillows but overall sleep was good. Great Breakfast. Pool looked good but did not use it. Would stay here again next time I area.

• Stayed July 2013
Glenmora, Louisiana
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Clean room, comfy bed, reasonable price, super-nice staff, very helpful front desk. We were on our way to pick up our granddaughters for the summer and just needed a place to sleep for the night. Would stop here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Brooklyn Park, Minnesota
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I routinely stay at this hotel because it is clean,free of "critters" of the night and the staff are great people. The breakfast is one step above the normal hotel breakfast fare but that is never a deal breaker for me as I enjoy restaurants anyway. They however do not have BUTTER but that nasty greasy stuff that is supposed to pass for substitute. As a Wisconsin native,butter is always on my menu. Enough about my biases, the hotel is also on the main highway thru the town so it is easy to find and the rates are very reasonable and they give discounts for a variety of reasons, eg-military,govt,aarp (the Obama people-yuck). The rooms are very "roomy" also. The carpet is getting older but in hotels that happens as it is unavoidable. Do not try the eatery next door unless you enjoy smokers and their habit as it is horrible in there. I do not use pools or hottubs so I have no opinion on that part of the hotel. I always ask for the top floor as no matter what hotel you stay at there is always a herd of buffalo above you all nite long if you do not get the top floor. This is a five star hotel for old rednecks like myself and is worth the stop. BTW-the beds are roomy and comfortable. The rooms also have microwaves and small refrigerators.

Room Tip: As previously mentioned-get the top floor. If an Obama family with the normal 5 kids show up the noi...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Oregon
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We are currently staying at this hotel for two nights and I wish it was for a longer stay!! The staff are friendly and the rooms are nice and clean. The breakfast is outstanding!! So many food choices, both hot and cold. The breakfast lady did a great job of keeping items stocked. They also have mints out in dishes for customers and leave snacks when cleaning room. A lot of hotels could take lessons from this property!!

Room Tip: Do NOT consider staying anywhere else if in the area!! Higher floors of course would be quieter but...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
West Plains Motel
#4 of 7 in West Plains
Mammoth Spring Lodge Motel
Baymont Inn & Suites West Plains

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!