“Very clean and worth the price.”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in West Plains
Reviewed November 30, 2011

We fortunately found a room here after a bad experience the night before in Cabool. The lobby was very clean, well decorated and inviting. It was only $5 more than we had payed the night before for misery. We had to laugh at the kids. They were so excited and happy with the room and that there was a pool and hot tub!! I told Ron, "Well, they feel like they just went from the dungeon to the palace!"
Room was spacious and clean (2Q beds), pool was clean, hot tub was clean, and a very good breakfast selection. All staff we came into contact with were helpful and friendly. Highly recommend. (This is rare for me, since very few places meet my standards for cleanliness.) No ice machine on the second floor; you had to go up or down one floor. Ron went up, not realizing this was where all the smoking rooms were. He didn't make that mistake again; but to their credit we did not smell smoke one time anywhere in this hotel, other than on that floor.

Room Tip: Avoid the third floor if you don't want to smell cigarette smoke.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank brenm1978

Reviewed August 11, 2011

This hotel was good for a best western, stayed here when traveling through on my way to Arkansas. The beds were a little too firm but the rooms and bathrooms were very clean. They also have a nice fitness room. Will stay here again if I am ever passing through.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Christina M
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We stayed here in May for a family reunion. The indoor pool is great, and is spacious enough in there that the adults can sit and visit while the kids swim. There are several tables and chairs in the pool area that make visiting easy, as long as you can stand the humidity from the pool.
The breakfast in the morning was nice and clean. The staff was accomodating and friendly. The beds were a bit firm, in my opinion, but the other family members in other rooms said that they slept well.
There is not a restaurant in the hotel, but it is directly next to the Huddle House (seriously, it's about 10 feet away), which is very affordable.
This hotel does not have suties, although they do have a room with a jacuzzi in the corner of the bedroom, if you are looking for something a little special for couples.
We will definitely stay here when we return to West Plains.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Brandandie
Reviewed June 9, 2009

My husband and I stayed here for one night while visiting relatives. We were pleasantly surprised as we entered the lobby area. Lovely victorian-looking 2 story entryway, a comfortable seating area with couches, chairs and TV. The lady at the front desk couldn't have been nicer. Our room was located on the 3rd floor, fairly close to the elevator. It looked very modern, had a very comfortable bed and a nice bathroom. We used the wireless internet in our room. The pool was open til 11pm, which was great after a long day of visiting. The water was warm and we had the pool all to ourselves. There was a sundeck that you could lay out during the day too. We loved the continental breakfast. Big variety of bagels, fresh fruit, cereals, danish and our favorite, biscuits and gravy. I'm not sure you could get more bang for the buck. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MTGrafix
Reviewed December 14, 2008

Bedding was totally broke down. The middle of the bed had such a crater in it I expected John Glenn to pop out at any minute. Clearly this franchise needs to invest in up-graded bedding. Would not recommend a night here there are others close by.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed September 3, 2008

My family and I have been staying at this hotel for at least a good five years. And every year it just seems as if it keeps going down hill. This time was the last time I will ever stay there. They need to get new house keeping, and new people at the front desk. When we checked in everything was okay, for us, another family member had a problem with them double booking her room. When we got to the room, the floor needed to be vaccumed, and there was some kind of dried food on the curtain. Dusting you could tell is also not the house keepings forte either.
We stayed 2 days, and on the second day we had the "privacy please" sign in the door in the early morning because we have a 2 year old who needed his rest. We then took the sign out BEFORE 11am (check out time, but we weren't checking out) so the maid could come BACK and clean our room since we were staying another night. The maids wanted to get home that day so they didn't bother to clean our room. When we returned back that evening to find our room had NOT been cleaned, the front desk told us we would have to wait to speak with someone in the morning. So we had to get trash bags, and towels and everything ourselves. The next morning I was told we had our sign in the door the whole time so that is why our room was not cleaned. That was a bunch of bull. They just wanted to get out of there so they didn't bother to check back at check out time like MOST hotel's with good house keeping does. It was then implyed that I was a liar, and that I didn't take our sign out at all. I was told bascially too bad. They were in such a hurry to rush me out of the place they couldn't even wait for me to turn in my key, and put my stuff in my car, before they were out there in the lobby giving me my reciept. I hadn't even started to complain yet at that point. But they knew I was going to because house keeping was lazy and couldn't do their job as usual. I also noticed they advertise a "Whirl Pool" they have no such thing. If you ask them why the jet's don't work they say "It's a soak tub." A WHAT????? Never heard of such a thing. And why advertise it as a Whirl Pool??? And even a HOT TUB has jets. I'm really disappointed by this last stay. We used to always be able to count on that hotel. We spent our wedding night there, and now they've just lost all respect for people. Their customer service skills leave ALOT to be desired. They all need to be trained that the customer is always right, and shouldn't be called a liar. That's not just BAD business that's HORRIBLE business.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed July 13, 2008

Nice clean hotel for the money. Close to everything. Good place to base out of the see the sight of MO. Nice staff, good beds and service. Will be staying here again in the future. This is a keeper.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Plains
#5 of 8 in West Plains
West Plains Motel
West Plains Motel
#6 of 8 in West Plains

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!