“Wonderful venue! Food and service are terrible.”
Review of Cafe 37 - CLOSED

Cafe 37
Cuisines: American
“Wonderful venue! Food and service are terrible.”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

This is the most unique and interesting venue in West Plains. It is very saddening that the courtesy, food, and service don't live up to the setting. With banquet facilities, sports bar, historic venue, and unique atmosphere, this would be a fantastic attraction if only the food was consistently good, and the service the same. Cold food, tough meat, and slow service lay at the feet of management alone.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Momike55

Missouri
“A bit better than OK, but not GREAT”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Trying just a little too hard. It is OK, the food is good, but just not what I would expect from a higher class place to eat.

Visited November 2012
Lawrence, Kansas
“Perfect Every Time”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I've dined at Cafe 37 multiple times since the new chef, Chris, arrived. Every single time my (high) expectations have been exceeded. The setting is quiet and friendly; the service is attentive but never hovering. Most important, the food is absolutely exquisite. My wife and I have had several different items from the menu, and I've made a couple of special requests for preparation. Every time it's been better than I could possibly have expected. Serving sizes are a bit much for my personal preferences, but the leftovers are nice the next day. We're returning soon; I can't wait!

• Visited September 2012
Mountain View, Missouri
“Fine Dining Done Finely”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I was at Cafe 37 earlier this year. I had a 37 ounce t-bone that was amazing. I took fresh green onion which added to the perfect sized steak being done perfectly. I have met Toni and Dennis before and the are always great hosts. I took a bottle of banshee wines which Toni loved. Good food, good and good servers.

• Visited May 2012