“Runaway while u can ridgecrest motel is the very worst”

Ridge Crest Plaza Inn & Suites
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in West Plains
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I have a young child and it's jan. The heat don't work well the mattress stinks there isn't no protective mattress covers it's freezing I got put into hospital from getting so sick being there one of the twin beds has a big piece of wood sticking out if my child falls on it it could hurt my kid very badly there where a pair of dirty undwear under the bathroom sick and the floors where dirty and the wireless internet didn't work not worth 600 a month it's not even worth 20 a week. Something needs to be done it's a hazard unsafe place and if my kid dies with pneumonia because all they want to do is give an old time space heater that doesn't blow takes forever to heat up its a lawsuit waiting to happen the cable screeches very loudly it's very unenjoyable the homeless shelter has better cleaners and hospitality ridgecrest needs to be closed down and the owner Eric should spend a night and not let his workers know who he is and see they treat you like trash like you are bothering them they are just wat to busy to get the internet to actually work get the heat and air to work and have the house keepers actually do their job and clean

• Stayed: January 2014
There are newer reviews for Ridge Crest Plaza Inn & Suites

Reviewed November 19, 2013

This was chosen purely due to it been between Memphis and Joplin! It was quite and clean, except for the ubiquitous train horn, soon the be known to us as the sound of America.
The town is quite small, but there is enough to look at to fill an evening.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Actually for the rate of $40.00 bucks a night this is probably a good value. True the facilities has seen better days. Still basic ammenities should work. We neede three rooms and they was the only game around. The Holiday Inn Express had two rooms at $140.00 ea. So I didn't expect the ammenities at $40.00 vs $140.00. Never the less for a 10 hour room; I was able to get some sleep on a decent bed and the room was clean; NO bed bugs.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Our friends got us rooms - she got them a king suite and a king room right next door to them for us. Their room reeked of cigarette smoke (they were supposed to be non-smoking). There were still dirty washcloths in the bathroom from the last guests - indicating that they didn't clean their bathroom.

As for our room - I refused to walk in it barefoot. The carpet had not been vacuumed, the tile had not been mopped. I wouldn't sit anything on the floor - not even my shoes and I did not unpack our bags. The wallpaper was peeling off the walls, the carpet had been cut and pieced together under the air conditioner. I believe quite possibly that both of the air conditioners in our rooms had been urinated it. They both emitted a pee smell.

The air conditioner kicked on and off every 5 minutes literally ALL NIGHT long and the Wi-Fi never worked.

The sheets seemed clean - I inspected them very well before laying down. They also need to invest in some fabric softener - the towels felt like sandpaper - but they were clean. I was afraid to touch the shower curtain - it had something on it. The 2 chairs in the room had major stains on them - like someone had peed several times on the cloth seats - they should be piled up in the parking lot and burned.

When we went to check out - the desk clerk was on the phone the whole time she was so busy conducting her personal business of registered dogs and talking about their shots that she didn't even speak to us while checking us out and printing a receipt.

When checking in the clerk said several people had called wanting those 2 rooms - it was a race night at the West Plains Speedway and apparently some people stay there after the races. I'm sure these 2 rooms are popular with the young folks as it's on the edge of town and a little secluded and they probably use it as a party pad - it's pretty sleazy.

I don't think this hotel has been remodeled since the late 1970's or early 80's. You couldn't pay me to stay at this hotel again. It is a sleazy, dirty, grimy, nasty dump.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank funkinpunkin
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Dolores F
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I had a very nice stay. My wife and I got married in the banquet room and had our reception there too. they were very nice and friendly. The suite was very clean. The whirl pool tub was GREAT. It is a very nice place for a great value. Nice pool in the summer months.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rick S
Reviewed September 9, 2012

When we first arrived at the motel we waited in the lobby for 15 minutes for someone to check us in and finally had to call the motel phone number to get someone to come and check us in. We stayed for 3 days and had 2 rooms. Both rooms only had 1 light bulb above the sink area so very poor lighting, one stool was very so flushing almost running over twice,the maid service came in and made beds but did not change the sheets and the last night our air conditioner quit. We where offered another room but who wants to move everything at 9:00 at night so we asked for a fan and was told we would have to come up to the office to get it. We had non smoking rooms but the bedspreads smelled like smoke and some young copules staying inside by the pool area where always out by our rooms smoking so smoke was pulled into rooms through air conditioners.
There was only 1 ice machine and 1 pop machine working for the entire place so thank God that there were very few people staying there.

Would not recommend staying here until more help is hired and management steps up the service and gets better maid service that you can depend on.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends