“Disappointing”
Review of Ramada Wentzville

Ramada Wentzville
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Wentzville
Reviewed September 29, 2007

The water temperature in the shower went from hot to cold with nothing in between, but that wasn't the main problem with my stay. The literature in the room stated that local calls were free, so I called the front desk to ask if numbers in area code 314 were considered local--the Missouri portion of the St. Louis Metro Area has two area codes, 314 and 636, and while you can often call one from the other for free there are exceptions. The clerk TWICE assured me (I wanted to avoid any possible misunderstanding) that 314 numbers were local, and therefore free, so imagine my surprise when the bill slipped under my door the next morning included a charge for my "local" call. They removed the charge when I explained what I had been told, but the fact that I had a very similar experience at another Holiday Inn several years ago leads me to distrust the chain. Furthermore, I had told the clerk (the same clerk who claimed that 314 calls were free) when I checked in that this was a tax-exempt stay and provided her a copy of the tax-exempt letter. Nevertheless, the bill slipped under my door included tax, and the front desk staff informed me that no tax-exempt information had been entered, and that they couldn't even find the letter I had provided. They removed the tax when I gave them yet another copy of the letter, but I can't recommend that you stay at this hotel unless you have the time--and willingness--to argue.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Reviewed September 18, 2007

We stayed in one of the suites and it was absolutely rundown and dirty. Everything was dirty but of note were the huge stains on the furniture and a broken mirror on the closet door (a safety issue since we have a toddler).

The trash cans were not cleaned out from the previous guests.

We'll never stay there again!

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed February 5, 2006

I mainly picked this hotel because it offered a good rate for exhibitors at the dog show at the Cross Road Center. I wasn't expecting much, but the hotel was surprisingly nice for the price.

It appears they are doing renovations on the hotel and the smell of fresh paint is apparent. Room and furnishings seemed to be in decent condition.

Bathroom had a new acrylic shower insert, but was in need of fresh wallpaper. It appeared clean, but definitly showing age.

We went down to have dinner in the restaurant downstairs. It was full and we were sent to the bar where we could order from the restaurant menu.

Service in the bar was slow with mistakes to our order. Food was basic banquet quality. For the price, you could do better to eat elsewhere.

We had the breakfast buffet Sun. a.m. and it was perfectly fine and comparable to other breakfast buffets.

The hotel only has an outdoor pool, which is not open in the winter.

There is a small fitness room that has some cardio machines and a basic weight set up.

If you are attending a Cross Roads Center event, the location is very convenient. You can actually see the center from the hotel. You could walk there, but it would be a bit of a hike for most people.

Hotel is very quiet.

All in all, not a bad option for the Wentzville area.

• Stayed: January 2006
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wentzville
Hampton Inn St. Louis Wentzville
#3 of 9 in Wentzville
No photo provided
Crossroads Heritage Motel
#6 of 9 in Wentzville

Been to Ramada Wentzville? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Ramada Wentzville

Address: 900 Corporate Pkwy, Take exit 212 from Hwy 70 or Prospect off 64, Wentzville, MO 63385-4822 (Formerly The Regency Hotel Wentzville)
Location: United States > Missouri > Wentzville
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Wentzville
Price Range: $66 - $96 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — Ramada Wentzville 2*
The Regency Hotel offers free Wi-Fi, free morning coffee, pet friendly rooms, interior room access, elevators, non-smoking rooms, Continental breakfast, guest laundry, microwave and fridge rooms available upon request, a seasonal outdoor pool! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ramada Wentzville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Wentzville Holiday Inn