“Under repair a lot”

Knights Inn Wentzville MO
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Wentzville
Reviewed January 2, 2014

During the past 15 months I have stayed there over 60 days.
This is a family run motel, all of the family participate in the operations of the motel. The grandparents English is sort of broken but the rest of the family is pretty good.

The rooms have always been clean when I checked in.
In 2012 the pool was always nice and clean. In 2013 every time I looked the pool was closed for construction, but the owners family was still using the pool area.

I have recommended this hotel to my union brothers and we agree it is a good value for the price. I plan to continue on staying there when I am working in the Wentzville area.

Do not expect anything beyond the very basic cereal and pre-packaged pastry for your free continental breakfast. During the 60 days I stayed there I never once seen the continental breakfast area ready at 6:00am.

The staff is friendly and happy to have returning guest.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed August 18, 2013

My first experience was coming in at 1 am and asking for a late checkout. No way, never, no how, apparently. Maybe I don't ask for a late checkout often enough, but this is the first time anyone's ever flat refused.

Next experience was waiting for the young lady in pajamas to run our credit card. She kept getting a busy signal, and kept us standing for 20 minutes waiting for he line to clear while our potential sleeping time faded away. Not happy with that late checkout policy, not one bit.

The room was the real mixed bag. Broken tiles on the bathroom floor, greasy carpets, badly stained chair and hassock (wide areas of grease stain, mostly, where the head, arms, and feet would rest), multiple cigarette burns in the blankets, and a heavy air freshener smell (to hide the smoking that had been going on in this non-smoking room). But the walls and ceiling were in good shape, the sheets seemed clean, and the mattress seemed new and comfortable. Go figure.

So I went to put up the "do not disturb" sign, since I was going to be sleeping in as late as possible. Not there. Nowhere to be found. Tried to find the usual pen and pad of paper to make my own. Not there either. Wound up ripping a page out of a notebook my wife had with her and writing "Do NOT Disturb!" on it. Next morning, I thought I'd like to use the plastic bag for our dirty laundry. Not there either. And the shower towel had someone else's hair in it.

Finally, at checkout, I asked for a receipt, and got a tiny slip of register paper with the amount on it, no other information. "This is it?" "Yes," she said. And that was it.

This is not a Knight's Inn, or I should say, it's not worthy of the name. I've stayed at a few of them before, never ran into anything like this one. Sure, there are some garbage hotels in the Wyndham system, but I didn't expect it from a Knights. Wish there'd been a Microtel. I'd just finished staying at one of those in Slidell, LA for a week, and it was nice and clean and friendly all around.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Jim L
Reviewed August 6, 2013

In reading the other reviews of this place I was hesitant to stay there, but I believe some of the reviews are a bit harsh. I found that the room was exactly as shown in the picture as far as the way the room was set up. But this hotel does indeed need some upgrades.. especially to the carpet. Overall if the carpet was replaced and a little painting was done I think it would be more than acceptable. I had a very good night's sleep two nights in fact and was never afraid in this area. Matter of fact I took a little tour of the town on Sunday afternoon and it was very pleasant and a very historical area. There is a huge shopping mall here and anything you can possibly want to eat. The staff running this hotel are a very sweet couple from India and I discussed their country extensively with the husband. You can't have room service and Ritz Carlton type rooms when you are looking for a cheap rate.. period! The tv in my room was fine and I had excellent channels both days with no interruptions or outages. I had a new micro and fridge in my room as well as a new wall unit hair dryer. The owner brought fresh towels, soap, etc; and offered to clean the room in the morning. The breakfast items were coffee, cereal from a dispenser, fresh milk and juice, fresh muffins to heat in micro and a variety of individually wrapped Danish. I also had a non smoking room and have a super sensitive nose due to the fact I am a previous heavy smoker and I didn't smell smoke in my room or in the hall. I did bring a can of air freshener for my room to spray due to a musty smell before the air conditioner got the stale air removed, as it was not turned on until my arrival. I would stay here again if in the area, knowing exactly what I am getting for my low budget. The pool was being refurbished. I also had no problem understanding anyone's English or accent.. however when you are talking to anyone originating from a country other than the USA you must listen and really be interested in what they are saying to you or you might think they are hard to understand, which is not really the case at all. I enjoyed my stay here and wish this young couple well in their future.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The motel is a little bit older but it was very clean and adequate for what we needed. We wanted to go to the Wentzville Flea Market on Sunday that starts at 6:00 a.m. so wanted to stay close to that area. The motel is a little difficult to get to from the Interstate but once you figure it out it's not a problem. There was a little bit of traffic noise since it's located next to a very busy Interstate but it didn't keep us from getting a good nights sleep. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Booked online with low expectations due to low price but figured I only needed a place to sleep. Entire facility was disgusting. "Non-smoking room" should mean a room that has not been smoked in. Room reeked of smoke. Attendant struggled with understanding and speaking english. Overall if you like filth, heat, and odor this is the place for you. Unable to obtain refund once deciding this was not the place for us, but we drove on anyway.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank IowaGuy938
Reviewed June 30, 2013

This hotel needs a major upgrade or to be torn down. Granted it is cheap but compared to other places for $65 a night it is a far cry from anything I have ever stayed in. The economy inn next door is even nastier and I am surprised our vehicles did not get broken into. The bathroom was dirty and the furniture even dirtier. My wife did not feel comfortable with me leaving the room. The management really needs to invest in this property or close down. Had it not been so late and the fact my brother in-law had pre-paid I would have slept in the Penske rental truck I was driving that night. Bring your pistol if you do stay and bring some Clorox wipes as well.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank sandboxpirate
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

Ok for price. Pool closed and being used as storage area. Frig and microwave with king bed. Afraid to sit in dirty stained chair in room. Friendly ,difficult to understand staff. Breakfast of danish, muffin, corn flakes and coffee or orange drink . Spent last 3 weeks in hotels . You get what you pay for.

• Stayed: June 2013