“Dispicable”

Budget Inn Wentzville
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Wentzville
Reviewed April 1, 2010

We drove around to the various other hotels in town and saw this specific one had the most vehicles. So we decide to check in. The price listed on the outside sign is just a scam to get you into the office. They make excuses that the price is limited to a few rooms, and the rooms for that price have all been booked. Well regardless we get a room. We get inside the room and this place is horrible. I could not believe the conditions of this room. Stained Carpets, You could see the damaged ceiling which a leak may have caused which was left unfixed. Stains all over the place. Looked attractive on the outside, but on the inside was just unacceptable. I should have read reviews on Tripadvisor prior to getting a room there. I know for sure next time I am in this area I will not stay at this so called Budget Inn.

Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank CalKid78

Reviewed June 12, 2009

Wasn't 1st class but I just needed a place to stay 5 nights until my apartment was ready. The room was clean. The air conditioning worked good. Beds are comfortable. Lots of water pressure in the shower. Little refrigator and microwave are nice touch. TV worked fine. Got free Wi-Fi for computer so was happy about that. Didn't use pool so I can't comment on that.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank sarhubart
Reviewed April 1, 2009

For what I needed, it worked, other than the tv screen was getting a little old. the heater was old, and took awhile to warm up, but worked fine. Shower had Very nice pressure and heat.

cable was not just basic, but expanded. No HBO, Not looking for free massage for $40, either. Interesting glitch that online price to order now said $40, but to actually reserve it was $50, then price at front door was $33.95 (plus tax, aka $39.95 :) I can go with that... I don't like answering my email as much as putting cash in my drawer, either/

Service was fast and efficient. If questions weren't answered easily, even less common questions, answers were all found. thanks much for that. When all the Phone book numbers for Pizza hut didn't work, cashier had correct phone number INSTANTLY.

I really DID like the free donuts and coffee in the morning. That's sadly not a given in the U.S. I didn't even check out til about 11:00 and there were still a couple donuts and some coffee for me.

Who has an indoor pool advertised, though, that doesn't HEAT it????????

Problems: Not best if u don't have transportation

Not the "'TV' 'til sleep" sort, I DID want to do something, with no car. So, I did walk the two blocks to the light on Pitman ave, left a block under the underpass, then right a block, where I found a nice family owned restaurant that's very cozy, (though it was closing time, I was growling in the belly, and the cook was nice enough to whip me up some deep fried shrimp done just right, when I expressed a desire to NOT impose, and offered to come back sometime). Thanks for that

Just around the corner was a fun darts, pool bar with a nice 'Internet' jukebox. Found many songs I didn't expect to find there. Coke refill was gratis. Hopefully someone got use of the dollar I left because it's nice to not have to beg once in awhile. Friendly, cool atmosphere, though little slow Tuesday night.

Problem: don't have kids walk the two blocks under TWO overpasses, though

Even in the summer, indoor pools are heated unless you're supposed to jump into them right out of the sauna. There's no sun to heat it up indoors, right?

I NEVER heard a peep from anywhere else in the motel, though, and it WASN'T empty, bout 1/2 full, maybe. Sound protection is very good.

Hotel is very handy. $40 isn't bad for a motel close to St. Louis, first sign of a Motel you see, People are nice there. couldn't possibly have been easier to find. Little better if you have transportation, but hope isn't lost if you don't.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 25, 2008

I don't recommend anyone to stay there. The hotel looked good from the outside. Going to the room I noticed cigarette butts in the hall near the slimmy looking swimming pool. The room was extremely shabby. The air conditioning cover was missing and I could see nothing but black junk inside. The bathroom fan sounded like it could grind to a stop at any time. The lampshade looked like it had been in a fight; it was crumpled and stained. There was no batteries in the TV changer, the person at the desk put more in and taped it closed. There was a huge stain on the bottom of the mattress (looked like blood). The carpet was dirty and rippled. The bathroom was dirty, the towels were extremely stained although they smelled clean. The only reasoj why I stayed there is because I had flown for several hours before arriving at the hotel and the sheets smelled like they were clean.

As for the continental breakfast, it consisted of four sugar coated donuts - which I wouldn't have eaten for anything.

The only positive thing about the hotel was the TV was clear.

I felt very unsafe and miserable tibn my room and I positively will not think about staying there ever again. I would have felt cleaner and safer if I had slept in my own car.

• Stayed: October 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank TDSKC
Reviewed June 30, 2008

second floor guest have to enter through a outside door that is not locked and the lights were off. Got to the room and the security lock was broke and this was a old fashion key lock. Went to get something to eat and advise them the stair and hallway lights were off. The deck clerk turned on the swithch. Also had to ask for remote. When we returned to the room the tv did not work and i went to call the desk and the phone had missing buttons and no dial tone. When i pulled back the sheets on the bed there were looked like blood stains going down the head of the mattress. They would not give us our money back and finally gave us another room. Of course they kept turning the lights off and i slipped down a couple of stairs. The 2nd room was better but i still felt unsafe. We did not have the money to go to another motel. I think they need to lock the outside door so no unwanted guest can get in, because that is the only way to get to the first floor.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank malonep66
Reviewed July 16, 2006

Tacky setting. Old building. Questionable management. Difficulties speaking English clearly. No extra keys (they said they would have to make one). Too expensive and they changed pricing after we arrived (Web said $55 per day and they charged $60 per day). No computer. No wireless. Advertised continental breakfast, but there was none. Stay in St Peters instead. Or try the Holiday Inn in Wentzville. It's worth the 10 to 20 extra dollars.

• Stayed: July 2006
3  Thank constancea477
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wentzville
Knights Inn Wentzville MO
Hilton Garden Inn St. Louis/O'Fallon
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#3 of 7 in O'Fallon

Been to Budget Inn Wentzville? Share your experiences!