“GROSS!!!SMELLY! BUGS AND MICE!!!”

Budget Inn Wentzville
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Wentzville
Wentzville, Missouri, United States
“GROSS!!!SMELLY! BUGS AND MICE!!!”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Where do I start???? I checked in late in the evening...I was very specific that I need a non-smoking room as I have allergies....When I arrive I go straight to my very uncomfortable bed the room was clearly a smoking room cigarette burns all over sheets and bedspread..But I am exhausted and finally try and sleep even while coughing all night from the strong smell of cigarettes.... When I finally wake up in the morning I see bugs crawling out of bathroom and other diff areas and there were bites all over me.....GROSS!!!! Well I needed it shower before I leave this dump So I go to take one and guess what it doesnt WORK!!!! I go complain and they already knew about....WHy would you book someone a room if you know it doesnt have working bathroom?!?!? I RAISED SOME HELL to the non english speaking person they wouldnt do anything about it said they had someone coming later that week...One of the cleaning staff heard me and she must of felt bad and opened uped someone elses room for me to shower in....Which was just as gross as mine....and to think there are people who actually live in this hotel!!!! My room was a mess My bathtube had pubic hairs in them there was trash scattered in misc places i think the only thing dones is beds are made..Towels were stained and dingy and smelled like B.O and there is always kids and people yelling in hallway running up or all hanging out in stairwells....Pay the extra few dollars and go to O'fallon or Lake st Louis motels!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Kyle K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 27, 2012

They had cock roaches in the room. Everyone sat in the hallway smoking. The beds were very uncomfortable.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Wentzville hotels

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Wow is all I can say. I warn people not to waste their money. We got there and there ARE NO REFUNDS! We argued for about 30 mins about how gross the room was so they finally said we would at least have to pay the 20 dollar cleaning fee. We left that place but to save other people from wasting their time I am going to tell you about this place. We explained our room was not clean and the carpet was nasty. When we entered our room the tv was on and we could not get it to turn off. The walls were full of what looked like blood! The sheets were yellowish and full of hair. The airconditioner was taped up. The window was broken and taped too from what looked like a bullethole. We couldnt even get the door open we had to push multiple times to enter it was stuck shut somehow. This place was just horrible. I don't think it should remain open. DO NOT TAKE YOUR FAMILY HERE!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank ag560
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed July 3, 2011

I booked the room and then I read the reviews. The reviews were bad, but i was afraid i wouldnt find a room so we stayed. Im so glad. We got 2 beds a fridge and a microwave. There was free breakfast and one of the nights a church brought out dinner. And it was good. The pool is green because thats the way it is painted! I paid 81.00 $ for 2 nights and it was worth it. Clean and quiet. I didnt smell any pot! I will definately stay there again if i have the chance.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Queenie420
Wentzville, Missouri
Reviewed April 5, 2011

Rates are DEFINITELY NOT AS ADVERTISED. The amount of my room has been raised four times. I specifically asked for a non-smoking room (I"m pregnant) and when we walked up to the room, the smell of pot came rolling out of the room next to mine and had to immediately request another room, which again was supposed to be a non-smoking room, however there were cigarette burns in everything from the tables, furniture and sheets! Room service is non-existent. If you ask them to change your sheets, they are handed to you and the man who speaks NO English says "here ok". The only "amenities" here seem to be a slimy green indoor pool, there is definitely No coffeemaker, No newstand, NO iron, NO Cinemax/Showtime/, NO security. The hallway lights are hardly ever turned on, the place is very dark and forboding. There are security cameras in the front of the building only but no one to watch them and none are recording. Mice and roaches are somewhat common here, and again nothing is done about it. Pets are allowed, yet some are not on leashes and run the hallways growling at guests. And continental breakfast? That consists of the same sugar covered donuts every day along with one pot of coffee (good luck getting them to make more). The owners speak very little English and if you try to bring any of these issues up with them, they speak very quickly (in their native tongue) and tell you to move out, no money back! This place is disgusting, despicable, disease infested, and a haven for criminal activity.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
6 Thank Tortmom
chicago il
Reviewed October 25, 2010

i like this motal i would like to go back agin the outside view is good room is big and clean good air-condtion and the price is good and the front desk lady she is very nice her name is darlen she is very help full person and i would sugget my family if they going towards this motal i would recament them to stay this motal.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Lincoln, NE
Reviewed April 1, 2010

We drove around to the various other hotels in town and saw this specific one had the most vehicles. So we decide to check in. The price listed on the outside sign is just a scam to get you into the office. They make excuses that the price is limited to a few rooms, and the rooms for that price have all been booked. Well regardless we get a room. We get inside the room and this place is horrible. I could not believe the conditions of this room. Stained Carpets, You could see the damaged ceiling which a leak may have caused which was left unfixed. Stains all over the place. Looked attractive on the outside, but on the inside was just unacceptable. I should have read reviews on Tripadvisor prior to getting a room there. I know for sure next time I am in this area I will not stay at this so called Budget Inn.

Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank CalKid78
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wentzville
Hampton Inn St. Louis Wentzville
#1 of 1 in Foristell
Days Inn St Peters/St Charles
Days Inn St Peters/St Charles
#4 of 5 in Saint Peters

Been to Budget Inn Wentzville? Share your experiences!