“Very clean with wonderful staff.”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Crossroads Heritage Motel
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Wentzville
Poplar Bluff, MO 63901
“Very clean with wonderful staff.”
Reviewed May 23, 2010

My family and I were quite happy with our stay here. The rooms were clean, the staff was friendly and helpful. Yes, it's a bit older motel, but I didn't have any issues with that. The rooms weren't huge, but we didn't feel cramped either. I'm very particular about the cleanliness of my hotel rooms, having had the experience of working in a hotel and seeing what guests can do, and I had NO problems with this place. When our remote didn't work (needed batteries), they quickly gave us their remote for the office, and then called to make sure it was working properly. Someone even came round with extra towels so that we'd be sure to have enough for my family of 4. Should I ever need to get another hotel in Wentzville, I would most definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank shemmer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed May 11, 2010

There's a good reason this one has "heritage" in the name. You'll recall those road trips on the two lane highways with mom and dad in the back of the '63 Comet. The owner is a nice enough guy. I wish he was serving some of the curry he had--that would have made the stay more tolerable. Anyway, the room was very old. The linens were clean and they did the best they could with what they had. However, even for $46 per night, I'd rather stay in a Red Roof Inn. At least there they invest in their property. I did get a good night's sleep there, though. It was quiet (very few other guests).

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Lingus01

Travelers are raving about these Wentzville hotels

CRM_XPRT
Reviewed November 8, 2008

This was the 3rd or 4th place I selected in Wentzville. The first one being Super 8. Are you kidding me. Super 8 is beyond horrible. The previous reviewer was right about double booking. My wife and I had the room booked, and we were getting ready to go to dinner. As I was putting on my shoes to leave the room, another customer opens the door with her key. Doublebooked. Unbelievable. We asked for a refund and left. We then went to Relax Inn, and the minute we opened the door, we asked for our refund. Very musty smell. We then tried Economy Inn, but they didnt have a King size available for us. Budget Inn we didnt even try because of stories we have heard from others. Finally came to Crossroads Heitage Motel. An older looking building. We were hesitant at first, stepped in the office, and it looked very nice. Asked to see a non smoking king size room. Gave me the key, took the wife to show her the room as well. Oh my goodness were we surprised at how much nicer the room was than any of the rooms we saw elsewhere in Wentzville. On top of that I think it was a steal for $55.00 including tax, as they had free highspeed internet, laundry services. The desk clerks were very helpful as well. As i was reading the previous owners review Tansynan or more like Pansynan. referring to staying up til 1:00 to find bed bugs, and musty smell. Are you kidding me, were you hallucinating on drugs or something. Who stays up until 1:00 on the edge of the bed to see if bugs will come out. Well anyways I on the other hand would reccomend this place to anyone looking for a good nights sleep, and for a great economic value. There may be a few who charge a few dollars lower, but they are horrible.

• Liked — The clean rooms and helpful staff
  • Disliked — having to go around town looking for it. Signs would help.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank CRM_XPRT
Missouri
Reviewed April 28, 2008

Wow, had heard good things about this place, but when we entered the room, it was musty smelling, and looked as if it had not been vacuumed in a few months.

Then, checked the room for bed bugs, because I had noticed the mattress's were incased, and sure enough, found blood stains all over the box springs.

So I stayed up to see if anything came out to attack my children, and about 1:00 in the morning I saw there were bugs crawling up my legs as I sat on the end of the bed.

They were little baby ones, but they were for sure, bed bugs.
As it got later, it got worse.
Be careful to check on conditions, before staying here!

Stayed April 2008
Cedar Rapids
Reviewed July 17, 2007

This establishment has to be the best in town. Checked the various other motels, and all I have to say is, Filthy. This is an older establishment, and may deter customers away from it. But like they say don't judge a book by its cover. Before I checked in, I asked if i could look at the room before checking in. They allowed me to do so. I was instantly satisfied with the room conditions, and decided to stay the few weeks that I am here. The only thing negative I have to say about this motel, is that a little bit of advertising for such a great place to stay, would be helpful, as it is hidden within the city of Wentzville, and not directly off the Highway. The management and the Front desk clerks are very helpful, and understanding. If I'm ever back in this area again, I know where my home is.

• Stayed July 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank Kev_n_101
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 27, 2003

This was a great stay for my family. As for the desk clerks they were very friendly and helpful in assisting me with directions, and also treated my whole family with great respect. If i am ever in this area again, I'd love to stay here once again. I would also reccomend others to stay at this great motel. I kid you not when I say it's probably the cleanest motel in Wentzville. MARK

14 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wentzville
Hampton Inn St. Louis Wentzville
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#6 of 7 in O'Fallon
Hilton Garden Inn St. Louis/O'Fallon

Been to Crossroads Heritage Motel? Share your experiences!