“bed bugs”

Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Wentzville
Grinnell
“bed bugs”
Reviewed April 1, 2012

I rolled in at about 11:30pm, planning to stay only one night. The room looked cheap and older, but for $40 looked like a cozy place to settle.
I went across the street to the local bar and hung out for a bit before returning around 1:30am.
Upon return I did some work on my laptop for a bit before easing my way into the bed.
But as I laid on the bed I saw a bed bug crawling freely on the mattress. I jumped out of bed to find another one crawling towards where I laid from the other side.
In pure paranoia I packed all my stuff up, called the front desk demanding a refund (of which they sounded unsurprised by the presence of bed bugs). They gave the refund and I drove off seeking a new hotel at 2:30am.

The place looks cool on the surface, but I have never ran into bed bugs at a hotel until now. They're real and they itch when they bite. Sleepers beware.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank Max F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed March 31, 2012

I stayed at this motel because of the reviews but Im not sure what tax bracket the other guest are in or if they are just cheap, but it is obvious they have not been many places that they paid more than $35.00 a night for. The electrical outlets in the room either didnt work or were to painted over to hold the plug on the cord. In todays world you need electrical outlets that are functional, especially ones in the bathroom, had to use the plug by the window to curl my hair and could not see a mirror. The toilet wouldnt flush and I had to work on it myself because someone else had tried to fix it and used to big of a screw. The room is passable on clean I wouldnt take my shoes off and I am glad I brought my own pillow. The bathroom is fairly clean but the floors are in desparate need of a good cleaning. I guess you get what you pay for and in this day and age $45.00 a night you do not get much. I stayed here because I had business in Wentzville for one night and found that the location of the motel was good. If the owner would spend some money for a renovation it wouldnt be to bad. But then again Im not sure they get an overwhelming amount of traffic in this town. Wished I'd stayed at the Hilton in O'Fallon.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank tn1mr2mc3

Travelers are raving about these Wentzville hotels

Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed February 12, 2012

Clean and quiet rooms. Room furniture was a little worn and out dated. I felt safe and secure. Bed was really comfy for a budget place. Definitely would stay again

• Stayed February 2012
Poplar Bluff, MO 63901
Reviewed May 23, 2010

My family and I were quite happy with our stay here. The rooms were clean, the staff was friendly and helpful. Yes, it's a bit older motel, but I didn't have any issues with that. The rooms weren't huge, but we didn't feel cramped either. I'm very particular about the cleanliness of my hotel rooms, having had the experience of working in a hotel and seeing what guests can do, and I had NO problems with this place. When our remote didn't work (needed batteries), they quickly gave us their remote for the office, and then called to make sure it was working properly. Someone even came round with extra towels so that we'd be sure to have enough for my family of 4. Should I ever need to get another hotel in Wentzville, I would most definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank shemmer
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed May 11, 2010

There's a good reason this one has "heritage" in the name. You'll recall those road trips on the two lane highways with mom and dad in the back of the '63 Comet. The owner is a nice enough guy. I wish he was serving some of the curry he had--that would have made the stay more tolerable. Anyway, the room was very old. The linens were clean and they did the best they could with what they had. However, even for $46 per night, I'd rather stay in a Red Roof Inn. At least there they invest in their property. I did get a good night's sleep there, though. It was quiet (very few other guests).

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Lingus01
CRM_XPRT
Reviewed November 8, 2008

This was the 3rd or 4th place I selected in Wentzville. The first one being Super 8. Are you kidding me. Super 8 is beyond horrible. The previous reviewer was right about double booking. My wife and I had the room booked, and we were getting ready to go to dinner. As I was putting on my shoes to leave the room, another customer opens the door with her key. Doublebooked. Unbelievable. We asked for a refund and left. We then went to Relax Inn, and the minute we opened the door, we asked for our refund. Very musty smell. We then tried Economy Inn, but they didnt have a King size available for us. Budget Inn we didnt even try because of stories we have heard from others. Finally came to Crossroads Heitage Motel. An older looking building. We were hesitant at first, stepped in the office, and it looked very nice. Asked to see a non smoking king size room. Gave me the key, took the wife to show her the room as well. Oh my goodness were we surprised at how much nicer the room was than any of the rooms we saw elsewhere in Wentzville. On top of that I think it was a steal for $55.00 including tax, as they had free highspeed internet, laundry services. The desk clerks were very helpful as well. As i was reading the previous owners review Tansynan or more like Pansynan. referring to staying up til 1:00 to find bed bugs, and musty smell. Are you kidding me, were you hallucinating on drugs or something. Who stays up until 1:00 on the edge of the bed to see if bugs will come out. Well anyways I on the other hand would reccomend this place to anyone looking for a good nights sleep, and for a great economic value. There may be a few who charge a few dollars lower, but they are horrible.

• Liked — The clean rooms and helpful staff
  • Disliked — having to go around town looking for it. Signs would help.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank CRM_XPRT
Missouri
Reviewed April 28, 2008

Wow, had heard good things about this place, but when we entered the room, it was musty smelling, and looked as if it had not been vacuumed in a few months.

Then, checked the room for bed bugs, because I had noticed the mattress's were incased, and sure enough, found blood stains all over the box springs.

So I stayed up to see if anything came out to attack my children, and about 1:00 in the morning I saw there were bugs crawling up my legs as I sat on the end of the bed.

They were little baby ones, but they were for sure, bed bugs.
As it got later, it got worse.
Be careful to check on conditions, before staying here!

Stayed April 2008
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wentzville
Hampton Inn St. Louis Wentzville
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#7 of 7 in O'Fallon
Hilton Garden Inn St. Louis/O'Fallon

Been to Crossroads Heritage Motel? Share your experiences!