“Frustrated”

Hwy 61 Roadhouse and Kitchen
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Enjoy our "Southern Roadhouse Hospitality" in our St. Louis Restaurant along with the food and music that we have selected from this section of Highway 61. Whether it's the great seafood and spicy Cajun foods along with Jazz and Zydeco from Louisiana, the soulful cooking and Blues from the Mississippi Delta, the Rockabilly of the Sun label as well as the Soulful sounds of the Stax and Hi labels. Taste the mouth watering barbecue made so famous in Memphis, or come hear and see the sounds of St. Louis hometown greats Chuck Berry, Fontella Bass, and Ike and Tina Turner. Enjoy our mouth watering Barbecue and awesome gooey butter cake. We promise to bring you the best in food and music that these areas have to offer in St. Louis, Missouri.
Reviewed February 2, 2019 via mobile

Arrived for dinner february 2 Saturday 5:30 and there were only about 4 tables occupied. Was told we would have to wait probably about 2 hours before being seated. There was a band that was going to play at 7 I believe but at 5:30 there were tables open. We were offered possibly 2nd floor, although I had a disabled adult with me and that would not work. This is the second time in three weeks that I have tried to go to dinner there unsuccessfully. The other night was a Tuesday which they are closed on Mondays and Tuesdays. Don't believe it would be worth another trip for dinner.

Date of visit: February 2019
Bill K, Owner at Hwy 61 Roadhouse and Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2019

Judithe - we are sorry about your wait the day you visited, but all tables on the first level had 6pm reservations. We hope you'll come back and give us another try - Wednesdays and Thursdays are typically slower.

Reviewed February 1, 2019 via mobile

I really enjoyed this place. The atmosphere was really cool and had a very authentic cajun vibe. The food was really good too. I had the Po Boy and the shrimp was excellent but the bun was so blah. The bun turned a great sandwich to simply good. Their loaded fries were amazing, but the server forget another app we ordered and the service was super slow. I had really high expectations for this place and it missed the mark. Could have been great but ended up just being good.

Date of visit: January 2019
Bill K, Owner at Hwy 61 Roadhouse and Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2019

markkarr - we're happy to hear you enjoyed your meal and the atmosphere in our restaurant. We hope you'll come back again soon give us another chance on the service. We appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback.

Reviewed January 15, 2019

This place is always busy, but the food is good and the wait staff is friendly. Try some their Cajun etoufee' Fantastic

Date of visit: December 2018
Bill K, Owner at Hwy 61 Roadhouse and Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2019

Happy to hear you are a fan of our etouffee! We appreciate you taking the time to leave your review and feedback. Hope we can make it a 5 star experience for you next time. Come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed December 18, 2018

Our first visit here. I love Red Beans and Rice and was unaware that would be on their menu when we stopped in for dinner after a show at the Rep nearby. Once I saw that, I stopped reading. A good portion with good size chunks of ham and a corn muffin snuggled in next to the bowl. It came with butter, but muffin did not need it. As a bonus, I ordered the garden salad along side and their was another corn muffin. Awesome!
There were three others in our party and they all opted for a burger and sandwiches. All chose fries as their sides and they were waffle fries! They enjoyed that surprise. All three enjoyed their choices but daughter raved about her Texas Philly. Drinks were soda and teas and before tip our total came to about $64.
Fun atmosphere. we sat next to the stage, which wasn't occupied, so a good venue I guess for LIVE music.

Date of visit: December 2018
Bill K, Owner at Hwy 61 Roadhouse and Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2019

So glad you found us after your show at The Rep and that you all enjoyed your meals. Come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed December 10, 2018 via mobile

My sister and I were looking for a late dinner after a day of Christmas shopping. We landed at 61 Roadhouse because of previous reviews. I am so so thankful! We enjoyed a “taste” of the appetizer with potato waffles, cheese sauce and pulled pork. This was suppose to be a smaller version but it was PLENTY for the two of us! Delicious!! Then our entrees with sides. Mine was a tender beef medallion with onion and my sides were flavorful red beans & rice and Cubed/fried potatoes. The beef was very good and the sides were extraordinary. My sister thoroughly enjoyed her pulled pork with waffles and heavenly Mac & cheese! I think next time we may order a table full of sides!! Our server Chris was the best. They were very busy but we never felt unattended. We will definitely return with family & friends. Our bill was surprisingly cheap for all the food we ate and took home!

Date of visit: December 2018
Bill K, Owner at Hwy 61 Roadhouse and Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2018

So glad you found us kopmansa! We appreciate you taking the time to leave your review and feedback. Come back and see us again soon!