“Perfect place for my birthday dinner with friends.”
Review of Big Sky Cafe

Big Sky Cafe
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed March 29, 2014

The food is always good, and so is the wine. Atmosphere is artsy and nice. Food is mostly local and changes frequently with top sellers always available.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

I was going to the Rep and wanted to be sure that I got there in time so I decided to eat nearby at Big Sky Cafe. I and my friend had eaten a late lunch so we decided to choose salads and appetizers. We both had the most delicious and fresh spinach salad. I chose the house cured smoked salmon rolls with black bread and was delighted with my choice. The salmon was perfectly seasoned and very filling. My friend had the crab cakes that had very little filler and was mostly crab meat. The server made sure that we had plently of time to make the show.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

On my first trip to Big Sky I was blown away by the Blue Cheese Burger and some seasonal roasted veggies they had at the time! This time, my fiance and I returned for dessert. We tried the Caramel Pecan ice cream and the Carrot Cupcakes. The ice cream was yummy, but not quite thick and rich enough for my tastes (though I'm pretty darn picky). However the Carrot Cupcakes were amazing! The cake was moist, it had the perfect amount of shredded carrots and a hint of ginger that really enhanced the overall flavor. And the cream cheese icing was so smooth and sweet! I'm hoping to check out their $5 Rush sometime soon and get that awesome burger again!

Reviewed March 9, 2014

We have always enjoyed Big Sky Café since moving here 2 years ago, and Saturday night was no different. Jessica took care of us in her always attentive and smiling way. We chose from the "Special" side of the menu - these are dishes special to that week - and were not disappointed. We had the char and the beef/pork tenderloin entrees - both were large portions and especially tasty! The extra-special was the Special for sharing - the Sweet Potato & Heartland Creamery Goat Cheese Au Gratin - Jessica said it was 'ooey-gooey good' and that was an understatement. We thought about ordering some just to take home! The desserts of White Chocolate Ice Cream with Caramel Sauce and Bittersweet Chocolate Bread Pudding simply topped off a "special" meal.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

I know there are a ton of reviews on Big Sky and I will admit we generally only go once or twice a year while attending the Rep.So at the risk of being redundant, every time we go we always think "Why don't we come here more often?" We always get excellent service, even if we are walk-ins at the bar. The food is really good...sort of a cross between way "out there" and traditional. The atmosphere is downright cuddly in the winter. If it has deteriorated over the past years as other reviewers mention, we did not feel it. I like Cyrano's but would prefer this place anytime. We decided we must include this on our list even without a trip to the Rep. And, one more time, excellent, personalized service across the board. We felt like we were regulars and we are not.

1  Thank kkvo