“Good food, nice staff”
Review of La Cantina - CLOSED

La Cantina
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Food is tasty and reasonably priced. Servers are friendly and prompt. Its a little out of the way and you need to park in the garage about a half block away.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

I was taken here by a friend and really didn't know what to expect. Actually, I expected to find your typical Mexican restaurant…but I was wrong! We went for lunch so I got a lunch special -- chicken quesadillas. However, the rest of their menu was intriguing. There appeared to be a few items that you don't usually see and I look forward to returning to try them. I will say the chicken quesadillas were amazing. You'd think all quesadillas were created equal, but this place's quesadillas blew all others out of the water. For one, they weren't padded with cheese (but there was plenty and I didn't feel cheated) and the "crust" was just perfect - crispy, but not burnt. I was amazed that something so simple and familiar could be so excellent! We also ordered guacamole and it was also excellent -- chunky and spicy, but not hot.

I will definitely be returning to try some of the more adventurous items on the menu!

Reviewed September 23, 2013

With Mexican restaurants everywhere there is a lot of competition. The food selection here is as good as any, but the location in Old Webster sets it a part from others as it is very pleasing. It had rained earlier in the day so unfortunately the outside area was not open. My wife had the tacos and was very pleased with her dish. My Chimi was also very good. I am nitpicking, but our service was a little slow at times. A nice feature here is you can get the Happy Hour price on you Marguarita's even if you are dinning in the dinning room. We will be back.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

My wife and I had dinner at La Cantina for the first time last night and we'll be back. Food was great and the margaritas were fantastic. Service was attentive but not overbearing. Now if they could just get rid of the train tracks:)

Reviewed June 17, 2013

La Cantina really delivers. We sat near the bar and the wait staff was always checking on us in a helpful way with a smile. The authentic margaritas are fantastic. The food rivals Mexican food elsewhere in St. Louis. We left feeling the bill was reasonable and had a wonderful time. The facilities were very lean and the decor tasteful. In the evenings there is ample free parking across the street and the public garage behind. Enjoy!