“The best hosts and beautiful house.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Webster Groves
Old Orchard Bed and Breakfast
Altoona, Iowa
“The best hosts and beautiful house.”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for three nights. We had a delightful time and we would have loved to be able to talk more with the hosts. The house is a beautiful arts and crafts style home with many antiques to peruse. The back yard and deck are fantastic. I wish we would of had time to just hang out there and relax. When you step outside in the back yard you feel like you are away from all the stresses of life. We loved the the bedroom and all the furniture that came from Germany. We slept very well on a comfortable bed that left us refreshed each morning to be ready for all the days activities. Breakfast, what can I say, it was wonderful. This B&B is priced right, easy to find and the best place to stay if you are around the Webster Groves, St. Louis area. Thanks for having us while my husband attended his 40th class reunion!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Carla D

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Fayetteville, PA
Reviewed October 13, 2013

My wife and I spent four nights at Marian and Gary's home while we attended a Navy reunion in St. Louis. Once again we found that a comfy B&B beats a hotel any day. (Even the Hilton!)

From our first moment at Old Orchard (when we interrupted Gary who was rebuilding the front porch) to our last breakfast with them, we were made to feel at home, and were treated as family.

Old Orchard B&B is located in a lovely and quiet neighborhood, across from a nice park, and reminded us very much of our home in Berkeley, CA many, many years ago.

We would suggest to anybody traveling to St. Louis that they give Marian and Gary a call. You'll enjoy their home, their friendliness, and certainly their cooking!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank TalosGuy
Huntington Beach
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We stayed here for 5 nights as I revisited the town where I grew up.
Marian and Gary were great hosts; their recommendations of restaurants and places to visit were spot on. Breakfasts were absolutely delicious and the snacks were tasty too! The house is a treasure trove of pictures and memorabilia and the back deck is wonderful for relaxing and enjoying the birds.
I highly recommend this B&B!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Linda B
new jersey
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Perfectly lovely place to stay. Convenient to everything, inn keepers delightful, breakfast wonderful, room amazing. Hidden away yet close to St. Louis and places to visit in Webster Groves. Don't miss a chance to experience this beautiful B&B

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank metass
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I stayed here for a week while attending a conference. The Metrolink station is not far, so I was able to drive there, park, and then take the train downtown to avoid traffic. There were always cookies and muffins in the kitchen for snacking.
I had the downstairs room, which has a bathroom next to it. It is right next to the kitchen, so I did hear the microwave beeping and people talking at the breakfast table while in the bathroom. It felt like being in the dorm - I had to take all my clothes with me to the bathroom to shower since the few steps to room were in an open hallway (even though there was a wicker privacy screen, it still wasn't enough to provide full cover).
The bed had a dip in the side where people sit. It needed to be turned. The sheets were good quality.
The room is a good size, but all the surfaces are covered with knick knacks so I didn't have much room to put my things. There's a dresser and wardrobe, but my clothes seemed a bit musty after being in these. (Apparently they belonged to her grandparents). Cedar blocks would help to freshen them.
This is an older house, so the floors creak. The creaking under the tub was disconcerting. The jacuzzi tub is quite deep and it was a challenge to get in and out each day. There is Rainbath shower gel, Nexxus shampoo and conditioner, and Nivea lotion available in the bathroom.
Note that there is a cat, so if you're allergic, this may not be the place for you.

Room Tip: Upstairs seemed to offer more privacy.