“Mother's day Mexican!”

Milagro Modern Mexican
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Lockwood Ave.
Description: Milagro Modern Mexican serves chef inspired, regional Mexican cuisine in Historic Old Webster Groves. Our extensive tequila bar is known it's for creative cocktails and local craft beer selection.
“Mother's day Mexican!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

Seven adults and six children for Mother's day brunch! It all came out hot and tasty. We ordered a complete variety of food and it was all good!
Breakfast burrito, Huevos rancheros, Toluca omelet, everyone raved.
This was my first time there, but it won't be my last.

• Visited May 2013

“Hit or miss...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

Went for lunch a month ago and it was FABULOUS! I got their seasonal blood orange margarita and a big fat burrito plus the street corn. It was awesome! Especially the corn! Last night I ordered the enchiladas and they were not good. and the Pear Martini was not good either. So...I suppose it can be hit or miss here.

• Visited March 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Cut above "usual" Mexican cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

So, we were looking to go out on a Sunday night and many of the places we've been meaning to try are closed on Sundays. So after a little searching, saw pretty consistently good reviews for Milagro and decided to give it a try.

I'm glad we found it, because we will definitely be back. Appetizers and entrees definitely take Mexican cuisine to the next level. I like our neighborhood Mexican restaurants just fine, but there is not much going on in terms of creativity. There is definitely creativity at Milagro. Mole was delicious. Jalisco shrimp and grits were off the charts. Finally, the care shown to the Margaritas was great! No sweet & sour in these things -- they were done as they should be. Overall, prices weren't on the level of "wow, what a bargain," but were fair and appropriate for what we had.

• Visited February 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Milagro-Modern Mexican with amazing cocktails!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

My friends and I recently decided to try all the restaurant in the St. Louis Best Restaurants edition magazine. Milagro was highly recommended and our first pick for our evening out.

Milagro is hidden in the wonderful quaint trendy town of Webster Groves. The area is packed with delicious restaurants and bars, and if you follow the signs correctly, you will make it to Milagro, it is really hidden and kind of hard to find, so pay attention to signs that point you in the right direction. It is located in building that also houses some office spaces. This makes it odd to reach the bathroom as you need to go down a hallway and into the business complex to find it. Although it was worth it because the food and drink were great! The menu had some interesting choices when it came to fish and tacos. I always start with fish tacos on a menu in a a modern Mexican restaurant because I believe they are pretty telling for how the rest of the menu items will be. I decided on the fresh fish tacos and a gin and grapefruit martini with sage. Let me tell you, the drink itself was absolutely amazing, fresh, inspired, and different from anything I have tasted. I sipped and savored this drink while soaking in good conversation with friends and taking in the trendy decor (really loved it and it fit the atmosphere). I would come back to just sit at the bar with some chips and salsa (there guacamole is fantastic too) and try a new cocktail.

The fish tacos were good, not San Diego style good, but good. There were lacking a bit in flavor and after looking at the shrimp and grits my husband ordered, I would have went the alternative route. That is not to say that I didn't enjoy my meal, but i have just had better. I do recommend the add on of what they call "street corn." It is a mix of corn cooked on a grill, sliced off the cob, and prepared in a spicy mayo mixture (worth it!). Again, I did enjoy my meal, but would go with a full entree next time.

For my after dinner cocktail I ordered a Rum Chata, Bailey's flavored martini. It had a cinnamon sugar rim and was amazing. Again, come in to sit at the bar and try these cocktails! Amazing!

I will definitely be back, hope you enjoy it! Go with an entree for your first time!

• Visited February 2013
Nanuet, New York
“Very good, almost rivals Mexican Food from California.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

This is an excellent restaurant. The collection of mezcal alone is well worth the trip to this restaurant. It features Mexican fare as the name would imply but unlike many other restaurants that feature Mexican cuisine, here the portions are reasonable. The bar is lively with some unique creations provided by the mixologist. This is a restaurant that I wish was closer to home so that I could go more often.

• Visited January 2013