“Great Italian Food.”

Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Washington, Missouri, United States
“Great Italian Food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

A few weeks ago, my wife and I decided to stop in at Aldo's. We'd been there several months before, and had utilized their delivery service a couple of times, but hadn't been in the restaurant for some time. We ordered a Chicken Cordon Bleu, and it was delicious. We had some friends come visit us, they'd been in town for a wedding, and we took them to Aldo's. They really enjoyed it as well. It's definitely a place that even tho it's off the beaten path, worth finding.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Stephen R

Kansas City Area
“Favorite Pizza!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

I live in the Kansas City area, but have family in Washington. My Grandpa started taking me to Aldo's when I was a kid. Now my kids request Aldo's every time we go to Washington.

The favorite is the pizza - the thin crust pizza. So crisp and seasoned deliciously! Honestly, I've never tried anything else on the menu.

Either getting it to go or eating in the nice dining room are both great!

• Visited September 2013
Brighton, Colorado
“Aldo's Restaurant Washington Missouri”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

Do not waste your time or money! I had the Chicken Maldago (I think that's what it was), the pasta with white sauce and the Caesar Salad. The waitress was very sweet and was attempting to direct me to a great dish as I had requested.
Caesar Salad: swimming in Caesar dressing. Truthfully, it would have been much better if it had been lightly coated. People can always request more dressing on the side.
Side dish: White pasta. Drowning in white sauce which had very little if any flavor. It tasted more like flour than anything. I was able to Doctor it up a bit with Parmesan and salt.
Chicken Maldego: chicken was easy to cut with a fork. The sauce had too much lemon in it. When it arrived, it had "jelled" already. In addition, the menu did not state the dish was draped with proscuitto......way too much of that. It would have been much better if the proscuitto was used to accent or enhance the flavor, not dominate it. Feel free to eliminate this dish from your menu.
The house Merlot was adequate.
My waitress did apologize I was unsatisfied with the meal but offered no discounts....I returned the chicken after two bites with3/4 f the dish left. I did tip her 20% mainly because she is not responsible for the taste of the dishes or the timing of their arrival.
This place would do better to remain a pizza parlour only......however, I have no idea how the pizza is as I have not tried it. ONCE wasdefinitely enough!

• Visited June 2013
Washington, Missouri
“Italian delight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

Excellent pizza and pasta. Recently remodeled. Family friendly. We enjoy the lunch and dinner menus and meet friends there often.

Visited March 2013
New Haven, Missouri
“Decent, nothing extraordinary”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

We go to Aldos probably 3 or 4 times a year. I have never had anything that I loved or totally disliked. This particular time I had the Chicken Modega- the mushrooms were raw and not cooked hardly at all, I think the dish would have been so much better if the mushrooms were cooked through. My fiance on the other hand loved his Chicken Marsala, his mushrooms were cooked a little longer. Their rolls are always warm and delicious and plentiful. Their salads that come with the entrees are again plentiful but are just lettuce, dressing one small tomato and a couple sliced black olives. Our waiter Gordon was okay. He wasn't very convincing in trying to get us to order dessert. Like my title says the meal and service are usually always decent, but nothing special. There arent' many other choices in Washington that are reasonably priced.

• Visited March 2013