“not what I expected”

gerald
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“not what I expected”
Reviewed April 15, 2012

This is not exactly what I expected, everyone was saying how good this place is. It is definetly a matter of opinion. I did not like it, the food was bland and the atmospher was dark and dreary. We saw a roach climbing up the wall , we were out of there.

Visited March 2012

Saint Louis, Missouri
“love the pasta”
Reviewed April 6, 2012

We love the pasta here. ireally like the Mostaccioli Montanara. always willing to have lunch or dinner here.

Visited March 2012
Missouri
“Very popular place with pretty good food.”
Reviewed January 15, 2012

I've eaten here several times, and never had a bad experience. However, there always seems to be some positives and some negatives. During our recent visit, the service was not good. They were really busy, and the young man was working hard, but he couldn't keep up. I had chicken cordon bleu, and it was just okay. Daughter had pizza, and it was good. Wife had pasta with bacon and mushrooms in a white sauce, and it was VERY good! Skimpy on the shrooms, but overall the pasta was just great, and i'm planning on going again soon do i can get that. Overall, i've not been thrilled by this place, but i'm not displeased, either. It's just hit and miss. When you "hit", it can be quite good!

“Incredible catering experience and fantastic food!”
Reviewed December 27, 2011

We had to find a restaurant that offered catering the day after Christmas, and it had to be close to my hometown in Missouri. I found Aldo's on Trip Advisor and from my first call to the day we picked up the food, it was a great experience. They were very accommodating and professional. And the food was simply fantastic! My family of 37 is not always to please but everyone raved about the lasagna and penne alfredo. It was an excellent value for such good food!

Washington DC
“Nice Neighborhood Italian Place”
Reviewed October 1, 2011

When visiting my in-laws we always make sure we eat here at least once. It's a nice Italian place with good solid food. I usually get pasta and my husband gets pizza. Both are very good. One regular salad can feed two people. One large salad can feed three or four. Last time I ordered the "light" cream sauce. It's wasn't light but it was good.

• Visited September 2011