“Old world charm-Modern day hospitality”
Review of Old Dutch Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Washington
Old Dutch Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Washington
Lenexa, Kansas, United States
“Old world charm-Modern day hospitality”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We were fortunate enough to stay at the Old Dutch Hotel in Washington, MO. This historic building provided the charm of the early 19th century, but once you walk in the door, you realize that this hotel has both old world charm, but with very a modern day comfort. From the time you walk in, you are greeted with some of the friendliest people I have met. The front desk personnel were friendly and suggested things we could do to make our stay in Washington enjoyable. When we got to our room, we noticed that attention to detail made you think you had stepped back in time, but everything is up to date, comfortable and charming. I give very high marks to the beds and bedding. The beds provided a wonderful night's sleep and the bedding was top notch. The TV is also large and is great as was the WiFi.

The shower was done in subway tiles and quite large. Plenty of hot water and soft towels. The rest of the bathroom facilities were equally as nice.

The breakfast offered was adequate. I would have liked to see more local fare included in the breakfast-local doughnuts, bagels, etc

Overall, you cannot go wrong by staying in this hotel. It is a small boutique hotel in the heart of historic Washington, MO and the historic downtown is just steps from your door. Great Downtown with art galleries, small shops. Also, the Amtrak station is just down the street.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor, and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Springfield, Missouri, United States
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Loved my stay at the Old Dutch Hotel. Rooms are updated, may be smaller than your average room, but certainly the hotel makes up for this in character and location. Quick walk to all the shopping and dining downtown Washington offers. Continental breakfast was a plus. Would recommend this hotel over any of the chains near the highway. Hoping next time to try the restaurant. It was sadly closed when I was there for a private party.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Donnie R
Kansas City
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Small but super clean rooms. Recent remodel is very well done. Pretty noisy if you're on the 2nd floor & there's a band playing in the Tavern downstairs. This can be overlooked because I had possibly the best Rib eye ever there earlier in the night.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank mattwkc
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Paid $120 for one Saturday night stay, which is solid just about anywhere not next to a freeway and a strip club these days. As an added bonus, the downtown location is second-to-none.

Rooms are modern, very clean and feature comfy beds, large flat-screen TVs, spacious bathrooms and huge showers with equally huge shower heads. As another reviewer noted, the lack of a closet could be an issue if I were staying more than one night.

Staff is fast and friendly, free street parking is right outside, and you've got an on-site bar/restaurant open late. Good stuff.

Room Tip: I was on the third floor, which is probably a good idea since the first floor has a bar.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HJTRAVELERS
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed April 28, 2012

I stayed here for a few nights on a work trip, and I thought it was a very cute hotel! The hotel is totally updated in the actual rooms, with marble finishes, nice bedding, flat screen TVs, etc. The only thing the room does not have is a closet. They offer a little rack of hangers on the wall, but no actual closet. It worked fine for me, but if you had a lot of clothes to hang up, you'd be left with some in your suitcase. This hotel is above a bar/restaurant, and for 2 of my 3 nights the noise level was almost not noticeable. On the one night it was noisey, I found that they had a staff birthday party, and it was done by 10:30pm. So, I assume this was a non-traditional night. Overall, very cute hotel, with extremely nice staff.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 3rd (highest) floor if you can, to eliminate noise from the restaurant.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Lake Winnebago, MO
Reviewed March 30, 2012

These people made our group feel welcome, and attended to every request. As the group organizer it was great to deal with a person that seemed genuinely interested in making our stay pleasant and memorable. I have stayed at more than 45 hotels in the last 2 years, across 9 states. Not one other hotel has been as personable and accommodating and not one other time has everyone requested to stay here on our next trip. This place was super clean, spacious, and had beds that were more comfortable than my home. Check in was easy and they had an elevator for those with stair challanges. Easy access to local hot spots and only a few blocks from the Missouri River.

Room Tip: Every room I visited was great... you can't go wrong. Tell them what you want and they will do...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank strattons117
Marthasville, Missouri
Reviewed February 18, 2012

Restaurant Review Only – My husband and I have been here twice and will go again soon. The first time I had the pulled pork sandwich with slaw on it and the sweet potato fries. I loved it so much that I had to make myself order something different on our return trip. The rueben was terrific. We ordered the soup special – roasted carrot – just because we thought it sounded interesting. It was the best carrot soup either of us ever had and we're hoping they make it a regular on the menu so we can have it again!
I guess because the food is so good you expect the service to be commensurate. It was inexplicably slow and uneven both times, but not enough to interfere with having a really good lunch experience.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Washington
Super 8 Washington
Comfort Inn Six Flags St. Louis
Budget Lodging
Budget Lodging
#1 of 2 in Saint Clair

Been to Old Dutch Hotel? Share your experiences!