“Great Place to Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Warrenton
Overland Park, Kansas
“Great Place to Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

Six of our family members stayed here (attended Oktoberfest in Hermann and a soccer game at Mizzou). The hotel was clean, comfortable and had a very accommodating staff. We enjoyed the breakfast/tv common area off the lobby on Saturday night for some World Series watching and beverage drinking! Breakfast was good. We love to stay at Holiday Inn Express hotels. We find them to be consistenly clean, quiet, and comfortable. Big cooler of complimentary ice cream bars in the lobby was nice. We woud definitely stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Rodney H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Warrenton, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
My staff and I really try to deliver on the brand promise of an efficient, dynamic, Smart stay. Thank you for your feedback

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Quincy, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for the weekend during one of the Missouri Wine Trail Octoberfest weekends. Clean and friendly hotel. We needed a special room that had a roll-in shower and accessible bathroom for my wife and the room worked out very well and it was on the 1st floor which is a plus. The shower had a very nice drop down seat and the extendable shower wand/head worked out well. The facility and rooms are in great shape and everything met our needs nicely. Good spot!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your feed back. My staff and I honestly try to take care of all our guest requests.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

The hotel was very nice, clean, quiet and comfortable beds. Staff was very friendly and helpful. I was very pleased with the room amenities especially having a refrigerator and microwave in the room. They offered hot breakfast options which are always a delight. Had a great stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Rodney H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Warrenton, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you for your generous comments. I will pass them along to my staff.
Springfield, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

The room was clean and quiet, the bed was comfortable but the rates were a bit pricey. If I wasn't on an expense account I would have stayed somewhere else. I liked that it was next door to a Chinese restaurant which made getting dinner very easy, although there were no menus for it in the hotel. I will stay here again next year.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
rhaupt, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Warrenton, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you for you comments. We take everyones comments and try to make our hotel better. I understand the cost is higher than other hotels in the area. However, I believe we offer much more to our guests. I'm not sure why there were no menues for the area restraunts. There are usually a drawer full at the front desk.

Please come back and see us and make sure you let us know you are a returning guest.
Omaha
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

After a long drive on I-70 a traveller looks forward to a relaxing stay. This Holiday Inn does not disappoint. Access is not obvious as others have pointed out. You have to go through a gas station lot. I missed it on the first try.
Unlike some others the main desk had two people to help when I arrived. Checkin was quick and painless. I asked for a local place to eat and they were quite helpful.

My room was clean, quiet and cool. The temp was about 100 outside.

The indoor pool is small and in need of some tile work and cleaning. The exercise room was dinky but I was the only one there so it was ok. There were clean towels at both and a staff member stopped by and asked if I needed anything.

Breakfast was the standard good Express experience and the attendant was great. All in all a good experience.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
rhaupt, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Warrenton, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you for the compliments. I will pass them along to my staff.
Tiffin, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

I seek out Holiday Inn Express hotels intentionally because I love the crisp sheets and abundant pillows. The HI-Express in Warrenton had great pillows, but the sheets were "Pilly" to the touch. Being an older HI-Express, the room was clean but quite dark. The lighting was insufficient to read in bed. The bathroom was very clean and bright though. The sound of doors slamming could be easily heard all night, which was quite annoying. The hot tub was full of sand or dirt in the bottom! My girls enjoyed swimming in the pool, but I found it too cold to enjoy. The tables in the pool area were filthy with greasy food remains, even though the sign said "no food or drink in the pool area". The rinse shower on the pool deck had missing tiles with rotting wood and black mold evident.

Regarding check-in, we called ahead for our rooms and were "promised" connecting rooms. She said this word "promise" twice to me on the phone. But upon arrival she said she did the best she could but was out of connectors. This conversation took place between personal phone calls she took from her husband. Luckily a manager appeared and understood why this promise was frustrating. She took $10 off the price of each room. I appreciated the gesture. Breakfast was a standard HI-Express and the attendant there was really good at her job!

All in all, I would skip this location next time I am in the area. There is a newer HI -Express just down the road in Columbia. I have reviewed that one before and found it to be an excellent choice. I won't make this mistake again.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Hungabunga
I am so sorry about your experience. Unfortunately we can not guarantee connecting rooms because of occupancy. I understand the frustration level and that has been addressed with our staff, I hate that anyone seen outr pool area in the shape that it was. We are in the midst of doing repairs. The wall was open to alow the interior to dry so we could prevent the growth of any mold. We have treated everything in the manner prescibed by the EPA for mold remediation, Although what I believe was seen was just wet wood.. However the tile has been repaired, The sand filter is being replaced by a cartridge filter, and my staff is going to be more diligent on monitoring the pool to avoid the dirty tables and such. We are putting both time and effort in making sure the pool area is up to both our guests and our standards.
Ottawa, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Warrenton to attend a funeral. The Holiday Inn Express is the only national chain hotel in the area that has a decent track record with Trip Advisor reviews, hence our decision to stay at the hotel.
While the hotel is indeed directly off of I-70, it isn’t the most accessible. You have to enter the parking lot through a gas station’s lot. Upon arrival, we had to wait several minutes before someone appeared to check us in. There is no service bell, so I just said “hello?” several times until someone showed up. We stayed on a Sunday night over the Memorial Day weekend which probably explains the reason that our room rate with tax was a whopping $181 for a King sized bed and a tub. The room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. The room had a small refrigerator in it, but when we went to use it, we found that it had been turned off, so it took a long time for the fridge to cool.
My wife and I decided to enjoy the pool and the hot tub in the “spa” area. When we got to the pool, the room was rather dark. There was no way for us to turn on the lights in the pool area, so I had to go back to the desk to ask if they could turn on the lights. Again, there was NOBODY at the desk. I was honestly unimpressed with the pool or the hot tub. The water in the tub had an odor to it and the water actually felt oily to the touch. My problem with the pool was the fact that the steps going into the pool are extremely slick There is a small amount of no-skid material on the edges of the steps, but it doesn’t help all that much. Another guest warned us that the steps were slick, but my wife slipped anyway. I made sure that I stepped on the no skid, but I slipped when I got to the pool floor. We were both lucky that we didn’t sustain any serious injuries.
The breakfast was typical of Holiday Inn Express locations and it was hot and plentiful. Denise, the lady in charge of the breakfast area did an excellent job and made sure that we did not want for anything while enjoying our breakfast.
Check out was very much like every other trip to the front desk for us. We left our room keys at the desk, but never saw anyone manning it.
I’ve reviewed one other hotel in Warrenton- the “America’s Best Value Inn” where I stayed in March. If I had known that my experience at the Holiday Inn Express wasn’t going to be that much better than the America’s Best Value Inn, I would have talked my wife into staying there. The big differences between the two are an indoor pool and the breakfast, but having paid nearly four times more than what I paid at the America’s Best value Inn, we could have gone out to any of the restaurants in town for breakfast and been money ahead.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cargotraveler
Rodney H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Warrenton, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you so much for the feed back. We encourage and appreciate guest input. We have made the necessary actions to improve our guest safety in the pool area. The lights are on continuously and the additional non-slip surface has been added to the pool steps. As always, we will continue to strive to meet the needs of our guests.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warrenton
Baymont Inn & Suites Warrenton
Quality Inn Foristell
#1 of 1 in Foristell
Fairfield Inn & Suites St. Louis West/Wentzville
Americas Best Value Inn New Florence

Been to Holiday Inn Express Warrenton? Share your experiences!