“Prime customer service!”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Warrenton
Appleton, Wisconsin
“Prime customer service!”
Reviewed June 22, 2012

I had reserved two rooms online, or so I thought! I did NOT hit the final "Confirm" button. My fault, entirely. Kelsey was super! She did everything possible to accommodate us! She succeeded. The rooms were equal to or better than the ones we wanted. Kelsey was not done. There was a truly obnoxious couple at the counter before we arrived. As we were checking in they came back to the front desk and doubled down on rudeness. Kelsey handled him with composure and grace. I would have encouraged him to go to a different hotel!

They also have a nice breakfast and fast Internet. Good place.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Rodney H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Warrenton, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed May 18, 2012

I've stayed at the hotel before. It's a very nice hotel but I only gave it a rating of three because they didn't have the room I booked when I arrived. I booked a smoking room one month in advance. I got my reservation email and conformation number for a smoking room. I arrived before 5 PM but when I got there they told me that the room I was assigned to was out for maintenance. I asked them to put me in another smoking room but they told me that all the other rooms were already occupied. I really didn't believe this since I was checking in early. If I stay there again I will call a day in advance to make sure they have the room I booked. Like I said, it is a nice hotel and they have evening snacks for priority club members.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank easiwin1948
Rodney H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Warrenton, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
Unfortunately this guest was correct, we did not have the room available he had requested in his reservation. What is in correct is we really did not have another smoking room available. We have 6 smoking rooms available and two of the rooms were taken out of service for unscheduled maintenance. We would have loved to give this guest the room requested and not had to take rooms out of inventory. However, mishaps happen from time to time and we have to deal with them in the best way with the least amount of inconvenience to our guest. On this occasion we had other guests staying in the 4 remaining smoking rooms and we were not able to accommodate this guest with his room request. However, these are the steps that we did take. The guest was traveling west on I-70, we were going to pay for one night stay at another property. The next best quality hotels were in Fulton and Columbia. None of those properties allow smoking. We inquired about Booneville, MO but that was 1.5 hours away and was not really an option for our guest. We tried the Baymont hotel here in Warrenton and after several attempts, they never answered their phone. The final resolution was to put the guest in an upgraded room with a private hot tub, on the ground floor near a door were the guest could easily go outside to smoke. We reduced the price of this room more than 60% off the rate for that night (22% percent) off the rate for which he booked the room he requested. It was and will always be our policy to accommodate our guest with the rooms they requested or do whatever we can to resolve the issue to the guest satisfaction. Again, unfortunately this was not a good situation. However we thought we were working with the guest to get the best possible resolution for him. Without guest satisfaction we cannot stay in business and we appreciate all of our guest and their needs. We will continue to strive to meet those needs.
Michigan
Reviewed April 20, 2012

The hotel was what we expected for a Holliday In Express. Room was big and clean. The Hostess offered free ice cream treats which we thought was special. Pillows were like sponges and not very comfortable forme as I am use to feather pillows. Breakfast has a pancake machine which we thought was "spiffy" and the sausage was good.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
We not only try to give a great room that guest love, but we try to do the extras that keep Smart guest coming back time and again.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed March 25, 2012

We were on the road traveling and stopped here. It has been my experience that Holiday Inns are more expensive. I went in and checked the rate and it was over $100 but the desk clerk gave me some discounts and made it acceptable. The room was comfortable, clean, bed was good. The breakfast was very nice-they had pancakes instead of waffles. We had a good rest for our journey.

Room Tip: It is just off I70 and convient to get on and off the road
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Thank you.
Reviewed March 10, 2012

After realizing that cheaper options in the area would leave a less than desirable experience, we decided on this Holiday Inn Express. The room was spotlessly clean, and relatively new. I read some reviews about theft and was a tad concerned until I saw a cop checking in on the parking lot around 3am (which is when we arrived). Furthermore the front desk has a camera on the lot. They obviously care about their guest's safety. We had a fabulous short stay and would do it again.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank lynnbridget
Thank you for your kind review.
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Reviewed January 17, 2012

We stayed at the nearby Baymount on our travels West but on our way home wanted to have a good place to spend new years eve so we knew that a Holiday Inn Express would not disappoint. The price that was on our tripadvisor app was a bit steep so we went in and haggle a little to get a better rate. I would not have haggled for the price but as good as Holiday Inn Expresses are this one was not the best we have stayed. Not bad mind you but this one was average for this chain. Great beds and great breakfast you come to expect from this chain made our stay enjoyable. Not sure why they are priced so much higher that hotels in the same area. We would stay here again as long as we get a lower rate.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TravelerGEO
Rodney H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Warrenton, responded to this review, October 22, 2014
elizabeth, colorado
Reviewed December 27, 2011

I have stayed in this Holiday Inn several times. It is always clean and confortable. When I'm on business and passing through the area I select this hotel as it is the best for warrenton. I rated this a 4 star as the last time I stayed there I was greeted with a stain on the carpet (it had been thoroughly cleaned), but extremely visable still. I told the reception lady about this and she really didn't care. This in itself is very unusual. The few times I have told them about something they are always really receptive and compassionate. I will stay there again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank asmile2day
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warrenton
Baymont Inn & Suites Warrenton
#2 of 3 in New Florence
Super 8 Warrenton
Super 8 Warrenton
#2 of 4 in Warrenton

Been to Holiday Inn Express Warrenton? Share your experiences!