“A Home away from Home”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Warrensburg
Palmdale, California
“A Home away from Home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

I travel quite a bit to Warrensburg every year from California for work reasons. I've stayed across the street at the comfort inn too, but I have to say that the Holiday Inn Express is the Best place to stay in town. I usually stay for approximately 15-20 days at a time and that's a few times a year. Being away from home that long you start to get homesick. But, the Entire staff from the Front Desk to the Breakfast Bar Crew and the House Cleaning Crew make your stay that much easier and treat you like your family and you almost forget that you're not home. They greet you every time they see if it's like the 1st time. The Hotel itself is a Very clean and Presentable/Safe Environment. The Rooms are very spacious and clean. The pool is a great added feature to relax and cool off in. The Breakfast Bar is fully stocked and has a great selection. I highly recommend that if you’re planning on a trip to Warrensburg and you want to stay at a safe/clean and friendly environment that you stay at the Holiday inn Express.
That’s my $.02
Mr. Montoya

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
HIX_of_Warrensburg, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Warrensburg, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review, Mr. Montoya! We love having you and your group with us, and we're very glad that you enjoy your stays so much. Our staff definitely considers you and your crew to be a second family.

We look forward to seeing you all soon!

Melodie Lewis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Lancaster
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

From the moment i arrived at the Holiday Inn Express i was treated like a guest should be treated at a hotel. The service from the staff was exceptional. My wake up calls were always on time. My room was cleaned everday. The breakfast was awesome! Plenty of amenities available to the guests. The location of the hotel is great for anyone who is staying in Warrensburg or anywhere near by. Hands down a great place to stay!

1 Thank bkool4life
HIX_of_Warrensburg, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Warrensburg, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review! We hold our employees to a high standard when it comes to maintaining and exceeding Holiday Inn brand standards. We're happy to hear your experience was a great one, and look forward to seeing you in the future!
Lancaster
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

I would say this is the best hotel in Warrensburg. We have several people that travel multiple times a year to Warrensburg and have never had a problem at this hotel. We have also stayed at 2 other hotels in Warrensburg.These Rooms are nice, staff is pleasant, and the complementary breakfast,Cookies & popcorn is a plus.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your review! We're glad to hear you and your group enjoy staying with us. Our guests definitely enjoy our hot express breakfast, especially our cinnamon rolls! We're looking forward to serving you and your group again in the future. Have a wonderful summer!
Waterloo, Iowa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel for business 1-2 times a month for 15 yrs. In the last couple months, the receptionist has been aloof & acts like it is a bother to check you in. I book rooms for an entire year at this hotel. As a priority club member, you are suppose to get a snack bag. My coworker got one grudgingly by the receptionist, when I simply asked for a bottle of water, you would have thought I asked for a 5 course meal. The hotel has been updated & looks nice, with the exception of the fitness room. It has 2 treadmills, one of the treadmills screeches so loud, you cannot hear anything & it is very annoying, This has been that way for sometime, but is not getting fixed or replaced. The food server in the morning for the continental breakfast is nice & friendly, but that is the only one who bothers to speak. The staff need a course in customer service relations. I am not a picky person, however I do not want to feel like I am a bother to check in, because the staff has to stop talking with their friends when I check in. When I checked out in the early a.m.-staff was not friendly either. I am not sure why the staff has become not friendly but feel they need to realize they customer service starts at the reception desk. There is another hotel across the street, I am considering checking this hotel out & if staff & hotel is nice, I will be staying there from now on. The manager is great, but the reception staff needs to have some personality course.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
scatterprime, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Warrensburg, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Thank you for leaving feedback regarding your stay with us.

I would like to apologize for the experience you and your co-worker had at our hotel. We pride ourselves on offering superior customer service, and we deeply regret that you have not received this your last few stays.

As mentioned in another review below, we are implementing a customer service training workshop for all front desk associates to ensure this issue does not occur again. We have also identified and executed disciplinary action against the associates you encountered during your stay.

We hope that you will give us the opportunity in the future to demonstrate what we have been working on with our associates and show how much we appreciate your business over the years.

Thank you again very much for informing us of this issue and providing constructive feedback. It is an integral part of ensuring we fix issues in a timely fashion.

I will be contacting you shortly to further discuss this issue.

Thank you.

--Melodie Lewis
Minneapolis, MN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

This hotel is probably the best in Warrensburg. Because of that we have fond we need to book in advance, especially for weekdays when they seem to have a lot of business meetings and business travelers. The rooms are comfortable. The walls are still thin and if the halls are noisy expect to be woken. They do serve a nice hot breakfast. It's a good choice and a clean property.

Room Tip: Stay away from any of the rooms that are near the elevator or the first to second floor staircase in...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
scatterprime, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Warrensburg, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Thank you for leaving feedback on your stay. We're happy to hear how much you enjoyed your visit! We've definitely been very busy this year, but we're glad you were able to get a room and enjoy our hot express breakfast.

We did renovate the hotel last year, but still have additional renovations planned for the coming year into next. We have sent your comments regarding the thickness of the walls to the owner of our hotel for consideration to ensure future guests do not experience this issue. We apologize for this part of your stay not being satisfactory.

We hope to see you again in the near future, enjoy your summer!
Minneapolis
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

On April 1, we stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Warrensburg, Missouri. This was a nice hotel. The front desk person was efficient, but completely cheerless. We never got a smile out of her. Our room was a standard American hotel room, but nicely done and with a little extra space. They had a nice indoor pool and a hot tub. We couldn’t get any air flow in the hot tub, however. The control just made little humming sounds. The water temperature was decent, however. There was a deluxe continental breakfast with some hot sausages and pre-made omelet’s. All was served on disposable plates with plastic tableware. While they need to work on being cheerful and friendly, it was a nice hotel. There may be better values, however.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank CletusMinneapolis
Thank you for your feedback on your stay. We are glad you enjoyed the rooms and our Express Breakfast.

Regarding customer service, we do apologize that our staff did not meet customer service expectations. We have designed a customer service course that all front desk staff will be completing next week. We want to demonstrate superior service and go above and beyond guest expectations. We hope that on your next visit with us we can demonstrate everything we've been working on.

We have also had our maintenance associate fix the hot tub issue since your stay. Thank you for pointing this out to us.

We hope to see you again in the future, and wish you a wonderful summer.
Oceanside, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

I have stayed here many times whenever I go to Missouri, but I was compelled to write this review because of the exceptional experience I had on this particular trip.
I flew to Missouri to help a relative who is dying of cancer. As my trip was rather sudden, I didn't have time to make reservations and by the time I got here on a Thursday, there were no rooms available on the weekend. I explained my situation to the manager, hoping that she could help me out. Not only did she give me a room, but she even gave me a special rate for my almost two-week stay. She asked daily how things were going and seemed to truly care about my situation.
When things are hectic and dark in life, it is so great when someone goes out of their way to make things a little easier, sort of like a glimmer of light in the darkness.
By the way, the breakfast bar is excellent and the rooms are super clean. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
scatterprime, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Warrensburg, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review. While we wish better circumstances had brought you to us on this occasion, we're happy that we were able to provide some small amount assistance and comfort for you during this difficult time. We look forward to seeing you again soon under happier conditions.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warrensburg
Comfort Inn Warrensburg Station
Laci's Country Inn
Laci's Country Inn
#1 of 2 in Knob Noster
Comfort Inn Sedalia Station

Been to Holiday Inn Express Warrensburg? Share your experiences!