Review Highlights

Reviewed September 12, 2018
onyson27
Waldron, Arkansas
via mobile

All reviews hr ride highlight of our trip branson area horses guide stables horseback stream gallop scenery trees rocks pace grandkids
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband and I have been coming here for close to 20 years. We make it a point to take a ride with Bear Creek whenever we are in the area. The horses are well cared for,clean and healthy.
Debbie is the best! She greets us warmly and knows us on sight. The ride itself is beautiful. The scenery is spectacular and the guides are always polite and helpful.
I always recommend Bear Creek to anyone going to the Branson area.

DeborahW2237, Manager at Bear Creek Trail Rides and Stable, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank-you!!!!

Reviewed September 12, 2018 via mobile

We had a good time on the one hour trail ride.Sammy our guide was very experienced and helpful.We have a son with autism and she was very patient helping leading his horse along the trail.Great scenery and crossed the creek a couple times.We will be back and hopefully have Sammy as our guide again.

DeborahW2237, Manager at Bear Creek Trail Rides and Stable, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2018

Thank-you!! Look forward to seeing your family on your next visit.

Reviewed September 10, 2018

We couldn't have enjoyed the trail ride more. The people were knowable, and the horses were perfect for us .the terrain was a real experience of the Ozark area and the horses well suited. Nicely shaded lots to look at! I highly recommend this ride

DeborahW2237, Manager at Bear Creek Trail Rides and Stable, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2018

Thank-you for your visit, hope to see ya'll next time!!

Reviewed September 1, 2018

Ride itself was very nice; beautiful scenery, horses were well-versed on the trail. However, I was shocked at the terrible customer service. I made my reservation via text 2 weeks in advance (you can only make reservations via call or text). I gave my name and number in my party, and date, and was confirmed via text. I texted two other times before our visit to ask questions and was promptly answered, so I thought all was fine. We pulled up for our morning reservation 15 min in advance and the woman who was working looked shocked that we were there, and was so unbelievably rude to me when I said I was there for our 10 am reservation. She said all she had was a number "three" in her calendar iwith no name (I had given my name when making the reservation 2 weeks prior) and she just went on and on about how she wasn't ready for us and as I was trying to explain that I had a text reservation 2 weeks ago, she snapped "Well, talking isn't moving us forward!" My young daughter, in the backseat, said quietly, "That woman is MEAN!"

We did eventually get to ride - it was a half hour delay. She kept going on and on about how her colleagues didn't write down the right information and how we had contacted them at a busy time (as if providing them my business was something I should feel badly for?). She never introduced herself, never gave us any information about the horses besides their names or any instructions about what to do with the reins, or how to handle the horses in terms of getting them to go if they slowed down (it was our daughter's first ride) and generally seemed so completely annoyed that we were there. It was, frankly, an awful way to start our ride. Our daughter was anxious about why this woman was being so rude and it was just some of the worst customer service I have ever experienced.

It appears this company needs to figure out its communications among its employees so that this kind of thing doesn't happen to other people. And perhaps some good old fashioned customer service training about how to welcome a customer and not make them feel like they have done something wrong. I can't recall being treated so rudely by a business in my life

We will likely be back to visit the Branson area, but unfortunately based on this experience, we will not be back to visit Bear Creek Trail Rides.

1  Thank 49fqr
Deborah W, Manager at Bear Creek Trail Rides and Stable, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2018

I apologize for the unfortunate mishap.

Reviewed August 19, 2018

For one of my daughters this was a first-time experience: she found it wonderful.
For the other, more experienced daughter it was a bit like a pony ride: she looked longingly at the open country, wishing to gallop.

My thought: it was a great "get out of Branson" excursion that was reasonably priced ($30/rider).

Deborah W, Manager at Bear Creek Trail Rides and Stable, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2018

I'm so glad your 1 daughter had a great time, we do cater to the inexperienced rider as our 5 star reviews has said. We are a trail ride not a open ride. Sorry you felt 3 stars was appropriate, I remember visiting with you, enjoyed listening to your adventures. Thank-you for your buisness

Reviewed August 18, 2018

Seven people in my travel group (ages 8 - 78) were easily accommodated, along with a another family of four, for our 60 minute guided trail ride. The staff and our two guides were pleasant and professional in preparing us for our ride. The horses were clean, well groomed, and appear to be well taken care of. Helmets were available but not required. The concrete steps to mount/dismount the horse was especially appreciated. Trail was moderately groomed and mostly in the shade under trees. Crossing the shallow (less than 6" of water) creek was a delight and highlight of the trail! We would highly recommend this stable for a guided trail ride to all riding abilities (beginner and beyond).

Hey ya'll we sure are glad you enjoyed your ride, your family was super fun!! We look forward to your next visit. Thank-you so much for your kind words. Take care from all us at Bear Creek Trail Rides

Reviewed August 13, 2018 via mobile

Staff did not introduce themselves, very impersonal. It was not a friendly experience. They need to be more people oriented and provide positive teaching. Never going back!

2  Thank AmberMC44

I'm sorry you were not happy with your experience, besides the guides not introducing themselves I hope you enjoyed the trail ride. I would love for you to come back and visit us or please feel free to call and we can visit. My name is Debbie, I'm the manager ask for me, or text 417-337-0078

Reviewed July 11, 2018 via mobile

It Was My Ladys Birthday Today so Thought Id Treat Her With Bear Creek Trail Rides,Happy I Did,Was an Enjoyable, Fun Time.We Were Runnin 10 Minutes Late But They Said it'd Be Fine and Waited Very Kind of Them.Some Hilly Terrain,Rocks and Pretty Creek.the Horses Were Wonderful Knew What They Were Doin.I Believe I Had Gus and My Lady Had Jake,Beautiful Horses Loved em.the Guides Were Great as Well.Thank You all For a Wonderful Experience, Would Like to Do it Again Someday.

Deborah W, Manager at Bear Creek Trail Rides and Stable, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2018

We are so glad you enjoyed your visit and we do hope you come ride with us again! Thank-you for taking time to share your experience.

Reviewed July 10, 2018 via mobile

My brother (17) and myself had a great time on the 1hr trail ride. The horses were calm and tame even with the younger participants. Our guides were pleasant and informative about the area. One other thing to note was how the staff handled a difficult situation. When an elderly rider complained of nausea and shortness of air, they immediately stopped what they were doing, helped her off the horse, got her a cold water, and called for another staff member to help her back. They deserve a wow for caring and quick actions! The woman was ok! Thank you for the fun experience!

Wow, yes what a scary situation the lady was 91 years old bless her heart! She was such a fun lady and VERY happy to say is doing great. Thank-you for taking time to share your experience, hope you come visit us again.

Reviewed June 20, 2018

My group of 9 had a great time! The kids had lots of fun, and our guide was very helpful and made us feel at ease. The horses were gentle and easy to ride.

1  Thank Stephanie T
Deborah W, Manager at Bear Creek Trail Rides and Stable, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2018

Hey ya'll, we enjoy having you out to ride!! The guides really had fun with your group, they said "they were the funniest and was a fun ride" Thanks again for visiting us and hope to see you again!!