“Best Fried Chicken you can ever find.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Fire Brick Cafe - CLOSED

Fire Brick Cafe
Cuisines: American
Description: Telephone (573) 594-2223
Description: Telephone (573) 594-2223
Vandalia, Missouri
“Best Fried Chicken you can ever find.”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Buffet style with many choices. Always another meat besides the delicious chicken. Salad bar has any choice you may want. Friendly staff who aim to please.

Visited July 2012
2 Thank elizer

Mexico, Missouri
“Off the chart... .. .O o-”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

The Fire Brick Cafe just off Hwy 54 in downtown Vandalia, Mo. is a very nice mom-n-pop diner that offers
off the chart food at very reasonable prices.
They have a great buffet and the best fried-chicken around.
If yer hankering for a tenderloin, the Fire Brick makes em right with hand cut fries and all the fixin's...=)~
The walls are lined with fire brick history..

You'll be glad you stopped in at the FIRE BRICK cafe in Vandalia, Mo.

Cya down the road... Carl (MoBC..=)~

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank CARL H
St. Louis, Missouri
“Down Home Cookin'”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We stopped in after furniture shopping and had the Sunday Buffet. What a nice meal and at a reasonable price. The cafe is not fancy or even up to date in its style, but the food was the best! We each had all you can eat fried chicken, potatoes and gravy, salad, veggies, desert and tea. We were out for under $20. Next time through Vandalia, we will be stopping in.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank Jim and Sheila K
Vandalia, Missouri
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“wonderful food and service”
Reviewed May 18, 2012

My husband and I went to this cafe..the service was outstanding..and the food so mouthwatering good you must have the experience!

Visited April 2012
1 Thank Victoria S
Hannibal, Missouri
“These Mom & Pop places are hard to find, but well worth the time!”
Reviewed March 25, 2012

While I was in Vandalia with a friend of mine, searching for a new Queen-sized bed at a few of the local furniture stores we stopped in for a bite to eat, upon recommendation from the owner of one of the furniture stores.

I was very impressed with the selection they had to offer. The buffet appeared well-kept and the price was very affordable — only $7.99. I also requested to see the menu for a listing of what other food items were offered, but decided the best option for me would be the buffet. On this particular day, fried chicken and meatloaf were the selections on the buffet; I opted for the chicken and it was absolutely made with hometown goodness!! When I commented to my waitress that I noticed the mashed potatoes were REAL, she informed me that the owner will not put anything on the buffet that ISN'T real.

I sampled the peaches, cole slaw, pudding etc and even had a bowl of salad with fresh, crisp lettuce, and rounded out my meal with some fresh bread from the buffet!

A great value for the money!

Owner/Chef James Spears was a very friendly, hospitable gentleman to speak with.

• Visited March 2012