“Very Comfortable Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Valley Park
Monett, MO
“Very Comfortable Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2009

We spent 1 night at the Hampton Inn, St Louis Southwest. The entire experience from check-in to check-out was wonderful. The hotel is located right on I44, with easy access. We were in St Louis to attend a dirt track race in Pevely, MO, and to go to Six Flags, so we wanted something in between both. (Unfortunately the race was rained out!!) I chose this Hampton due to the excellent reviews on tripadvisor, and it did not disappoint!! The room was very clean and comfortable. The air conditioner was awesome, which was good, because the humidity was almost unbearable. The "Cloud 9" bed was great. We love to keep the room cold, and snuggle under the big fluffy down comforter. The shower had great pressure and really hot water. With the location so close to the interstate, I was concerned about the traffic noise, but we didn't hear a thing!! Not even any doors slamming. We didn't use the outdoor pool, but it looked inviting! The breakfast area was very clean, and well stocked. The lady taking care of things, was very friendly and efficient. The breakfast pizza was awesome!!! We have stayed at many Hamptons, but this was by far the best breakfast. We will definately being staying at this one again, and we would highly recommend it!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Trvltwo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
San Jose, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2009

We chose this location due to location on Hwy 44 - 1/2 way between Springfield, MO and Chicago - to break up our drive. It was perfect - very easy off / back onto the expressway. The pool was fantastic and refreshing after a long drive. The staff was extremely friendly and greatly appreciated as we were tired. The room was totally acceptable and clean and the morning breakfast far exceeded our expectations. We were also VERY pleased to see a Ruby Tuesday adjacent to the parking lot so we could walk over for dinner and did not have to get back in the car! Based on this experience, I'd book another Hampton Inn without question ... great bang for the buck.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jules T
Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2009

I only wish all Hampton Inn hotels allowed pets because Hampton never disappoints! I was excited to find this Hampton Inn that allows pets so we booked it for our return trip home. Hampton Inns has been our favorite for years because they are always great in every way.
Check-in service was excellent. Our room was already selected based on our reservation. The room key was handed to me practically before I could say my name. A few minutes later I was in the room.
Everything in the room was just as it should be: Spotless bathroom chrome, perfectly placed furniture and bedding. Everything was spot-on. There was a little bit of noise from the highway but not enough to take away from a good night's sleep.
Breakfast looked pretty good. My wife and I only had a few items since we were meeting friends for breakfast elsewhere.
This hotel is a great example of why Hampton Inns is a great chain. One of the rare hotels that I feel like I got my money's worth.

• Liked — Hampton Inn that accepts pets
  • Disliked — close proximity to highway = a little extra noise
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank espressomaker
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2008

I stayed one night for business travel and was very happy with the quality of the hotel and staff. The lobby and rooms were nicely decorated and very clean. The staff was very helpful and arranged for a cab for my red eye morning flight. Even the lobby continental breakfast was very good.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank PTJ
Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2008

The rooms were great, they looked practically brand new. The furniture, carpet, bedding, bathrooms, lobby, elevators were all in excellent condition. The front desk staff was great. And of course the breakfast was great. I am definitely staying there again.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank MidMissouriTraveler
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2007

Called them directly from the road (I-44) on the way into St Louis from Dallas. The person on the phone was very helpful. I was travelling with a family of 3 kids and my wife. When we arrived, we received a very nice room near the elevator (but not noisy). The room was very clean and everything worked just perfectly. The front desk staff was great. Helpful and supportive of our requests. My kids and I used the pool which was very nice. Clean, chlorinated and spotless. Towels were readily provided by the front desk. We had a restful night in the hotel and we were treated to a very good breakfast (included) the next morning. Everything for this stay was very good. I would definitely stay here again on a future trip to St Louis. Also, access to downtown was easy rom this location.

• Liked — clean rooms, clean hotel and friendly staff
  • Disliked — nothing. Stayed one night and found not a fault in anything.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank pkw123199
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2005

We have stayed here numerous times on our trips to and through St. Louis. The rooms are impeccably clean and well-appointed. The lobby is bright, cheerful, and clean; the desk clerks are friendly and extremely helpful. The pool area is very nice (a bit noisy, as it's adjacent to Interstate 44--however, you can't hear the interstate in the rooms). The free breakfast is very nice (sausage and eggs, bagels, pastries, cereal, toast, juice, fruit) and served in a roomy area with plenty of tables.

My family highly recommends this Hampton Inn.

• Stayed May 2005
Pear Tree Inn St. Louis Fenton
The Wildwood Hotel, BW Premier Collection
Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55
TownePlace Suites St. Louis Fenton

Been to Hampton Inn St. Louis Southwest? Share your experiences!