“Pretty good”

Hampton Inn St. Louis Southwest
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Valley Park
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We normally stay at the Drury (next door) but decided to use the Hampton this time. It was ok. Nothing stood out either way. Check in went smooth. We belong to Hilton Honors and had guaranteed the room so it was held until late. Stayed 2 nights and requested no maid service. The room was clean when we got there but the air was turned up so it was stuffy for a while. It would have been nice if they would have turned it down in anticipation that we would be checking in. The food was ok. I rate it average as I expect more from Hampton and didn't get it this time.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Had 5 rooms for our church youth group, got there and the hotel was totally full and turning people away. Was worried with it that full how well the experience would be, I shouldn't have worried, everyone was great, especially Lauren who checked us into the rooms with ease, while telling people they were totally booked. Would stay again anytime!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this Hampton for two nights while on a business trip. The hotel was clean. Decor was dated. Breakfast bar is ok. Good coffee, but no fresh cookies. The exercise room is very small with one bicycle, one treadmill and one elliptical and some free weights. Had to take a cold shower because there was no hot water. When I alerted the front desk of the problem, the staff nonchalantly informed me that the plumbing is installed differently where the hot water is on the right. Signage would have been nice!!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Staff was extremely friendly and respectful of our 16 high school church group! They went above and beyond, and the location is perfectly situated between Six Flags and the Zoo. Wonderful stay, and we will definitely be back.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I have stayed in Hampton Hotels for years when I travel. I have loved the Hampton because I always have received what I believed is a clean room, comfortable bed with clean bedding. Tonight however, I have changed my point of view. I had made a reservation for a handicap accessible room with 2 Queen Beds for 3 adults. When I arrived the manager on duty Amelia told me that occasionally the phone service overbooks and they did not have the room I have had reserved since 9 April 13. I had called this hotel directly to make my reservation as I have stayed here before and am familiar with the direct numbers. When I have a reservation I expect to receive what I reserved. Tonight I have been pushed out of my reserved room to stay in a meeting room of the hotel. I stayed here last Sunday evening and saw Monday morning a meeting being held in this very room. Two buses are in the parking lot and would guess that I was pushed into this room to give my room to someone else. This would be enough...but when I got to the room it was not swept. I found candy, a rubber band and even a toe or fingernail on the floor. There were not desk chairs or desk lamps for working. I am using a meeting chair that I had to ask for and which is stored in this very room's closet. We waited to go to dinner and activities until Josh had finished sweeping the room. Instead of 2 Queen sized beds for 3 Adults I have a pull down Murphy bed and a pull out sofa with a stained mattress. "You've gotta be kidding me!" Even the pillow in the closet zipped in plastic has blood stains on it. I flipped the mattress to use the other side only to find black hairs. I searched for sheets and had to go to the desk to ask for sheets for the sofa bed as there were none in my room which of course is not a room at all. I have to tell you I am livid. I have never before been received this way in any Hampton. Instead of enjoying a good night's sleep I am writing this letter. You have lost the support of a very loyal customer.

4  Thank John M
Reviewed July 15, 2013

My family just stayed here while attending a family member's memorial service. The hotel was very clean, amenities very up to date. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The exercise room and pool were great. The location is great with good traveler's restaurants and gas station/mini mart very close by.

Only bad thing was the fitted sheets and mattress covers! They kept popping off each of the 3 nights we stayed there - and housekeeping came every day. If it had just been our room on the 3rd floor, I'd write it off as a fluke. But it also happened to our son and his wife on the 2nd floor! We all independently (until comparing notes) pulled everything back on and they still popped off, so you'd wake up sleeping on the mattress in the middle of the night. Anthony Melchiorri would NOT be amused!

Sounds trifling maybe, but made for a little discomfort each night. Hopefully, Management is reading this post and will take action.

1  Thank MillerBeachGirl
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Everyone was so helpful at this hotel with the exception of the check-in clerk. But the GM rectified that problem so that is why I still gave it an excellent. Our room was very clean. The pool was great and we loved the choices of the breakfast. I would stay there again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Valley Park
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Southwest
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Fenton
Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55
Holiday Inn Express Fenton
Fairfield Inn St. Louis Fenton
Pear Tree Inn St. Louis Fenton

Been to Hampton Inn St. Louis Southwest? Share your experiences!