“Really Enjoyed all the Extras”

Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Southwest
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Valley Park
Anderson, Indiana
“Really Enjoyed all the Extras”
Reviewed April 16, 2009

Let me start out and say this is not the newest Drury around but it is still nice. The hotel was clean and well lite.It was easy to get to and close to alot of of the attractions that is around St.Louis,even though it is out past I-270.The staff was nice and friendly and everything from the free hot breakfast to evening cocktails was great.
We had a coupon for a free upgrade and I thought we would just recieve a king room for two queen room,how wrong was I! We recieved a queen suite on the sixth floor.How sweet!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Toronto
Reviewed April 14, 2009

Free hot buffet breakfast (eggs, sausages, pancakes, biscuits, bagels, juices, yogurt and more), free snacks (popcorn, soda, potato chips) everyday from 4-10 pm, free alcoholic drinks (limit of 2 per day per room), free internet, local and long distance (60 min/day)...I have stayed at no other hotel that offers all of the above complimentary. Plus ultra clean rooms, very comfortable beds, nicely appointed restrooms and great service. The only thing missing are flat screen TVs in the rooms. Other than that, a perfect hotel. Had never stayed in a Drury Inn before but now I am a fan. It is no accident that this hotel is number 2 in St Louis.

• Stayed April 2009
Bloomingdale, IL
Reviewed March 30, 2009

.So glad I use Trip Advisor. Met my sister to celebrate her birthday and our mothers. St. Louis is a half-way point for where we both live. Had a suite. Room was clean. Beds comfortable. Best shower ever at a hotel. Good pressure and hot water. All staff very pleasant. Loved the nachos and wine in the evening. Breakfast was very exceptable. Something for everyone. Did not use pool. Looked like fun. Will be staying here again soon. Only problem we often had was too long of waits for the elevator.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Arkansasfamily4
Reviewed March 29, 2009

We visited St. Louis and stayed in the Drury Inn 3/24/09 and 3/25/09. It was located in a little town called Valley Park -just before you get to St. Louis. I could not have asked for a better location. We were just 10-20min away from the Zoo, City Museum, Arch. The rooms were extremely clean. My kids enjoyed the heated indoor/outdoor pool and hottub. We enjoyed snacks in the hotel lobby every evening. (Nachos, popcorn, veggies/dip, pretzels and all the soda could we could drink.) The breakfast was great also-waffles, bagels, donuts, fresh fruit, biscuits and gravy--Yum! Staff was very friendly and helpful. There were a lot of restaurants nearby: Taco Bell, Bob Evans, Pizza and more. I plan on staying here everytime we visit St. Louis. I never write reviews, but this time I felt I had to share this so other families can make the most of their vacations.

San Diego, CA
Reviewed December 29, 2008

I recently stayed in this hotel over the Christmas holiday. Upon arriving at the St. Louis airport, I realized I was missing a card my grandmother had given me as a gift as well as one-hundred dollars in cash. Needless to say I was a bit upset. On a long-shot I called the hotel and explained my problem.

Whoever the cleaning lady was had the character to turn in one-hundred dollars in totally untraceable cash. The money sat at the front desk (maybe Kevin was the gentlemen's name) until my uncle picked it up. The whole situation was handled with one-hundred percent professionalism, and in an era of corporate bailouts its a shame more companies don't practice the culture of customer satisfaction that was clearly exhibited at the Drury Inn. Thank you.

• Liked — the staff
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Texas
Reviewed August 3, 2008

Our family stopped over in St Louis during our recent summer vacation. We booked a Drury hotel on the recommendation from another family member. We were pleasantly surprised. Room was spacious and very clean. 4 of us were not cramped. Pool area was great and even though there were several kids, we enjoyed our time in the water. Breakfast was free and a great selection.

If we are in the area again, this is a must stay.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank jdbraxton
Regina
Reviewed August 1, 2008

We booked this hotel based on the number of great reviews & we were not disappointed! My husband & I stayed there with our 3 1/2 year old son. I can't say enough good things about this hotel. We were treated very well by the front desk staff, and our room was spacious, with a very good floor plan (i.e. bedroom was far away from the washroom, so no one was disturbed). It was quiet, nice furnishings and very clean. Free internet in the lobby, free long distance calls (15 min. maximum) in the evening (I'm not sure if that's one time only), and free soda and popcorn (and I think a few other things) in the lobby in the evening. And a great complimentary breakfast. The location was good, too. So, keep this place in mind if you're ever planning a trip to St. Louis!

• Liked — Cleanliness, nice furnishings & layout
  • Disliked — strange noise in our room at night coming from a vent of some kind?
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Mom2gb
Also consider these accommodations in or near Valley Park
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Fenton
Hampton Inn St. Louis Southwest
Pear Tree Inn St. Louis Fenton
Holiday Inn Saint Louis West Six Flags
The Wildwood Hotel, BW Premier Collection
Best Western Kirkwood Inn

Been to Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Southwest? Share your experiences!