“Incredible value”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Valley Park
Toronto
“Incredible value”
Reviewed April 14, 2009

Free hot buffet breakfast (eggs, sausages, pancakes, biscuits, bagels, juices, yogurt and more), free snacks (popcorn, soda, potato chips) everyday from 4-10 pm, free alcoholic drinks (limit of 2 per day per room), free internet, local and long distance (60 min/day)...I have stayed at no other hotel that offers all of the above complimentary. Plus ultra clean rooms, very comfortable beds, nicely appointed restrooms and great service. The only thing missing are flat screen TVs in the rooms. Other than that, a perfect hotel. Had never stayed in a Drury Inn before but now I am a fan. It is no accident that this hotel is number 2 in St Louis.

• Stayed April 2009

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Bloomingdale, IL
Reviewed March 30, 2009

.So glad I use Trip Advisor. Met my sister to celebrate her birthday and our mothers. St. Louis is a half-way point for where we both live. Had a suite. Room was clean. Beds comfortable. Best shower ever at a hotel. Good pressure and hot water. All staff very pleasant. Loved the nachos and wine in the evening. Breakfast was very exceptable. Something for everyone. Did not use pool. Looked like fun. Will be staying here again soon. Only problem we often had was too long of waits for the elevator.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Arkansasfamily4
Reviewed March 29, 2009

We visited St. Louis and stayed in the Drury Inn 3/24/09 and 3/25/09. It was located in a little town called Valley Park -just before you get to St. Louis. I could not have asked for a better location. We were just 10-20min away from the Zoo, City Museum, Arch. The rooms were extremely clean. My kids enjoyed the heated indoor/outdoor pool and hottub. We enjoyed snacks in the hotel lobby every evening. (Nachos, popcorn, veggies/dip, pretzels and all the soda could we could drink.) The breakfast was great also-waffles, bagels, donuts, fresh fruit, biscuits and gravy--Yum! Staff was very friendly and helpful. There were a lot of restaurants nearby: Taco Bell, Bob Evans, Pizza and more. I plan on staying here everytime we visit St. Louis. I never write reviews, but this time I felt I had to share this so other families can make the most of their vacations.

San Diego, CA
Reviewed December 29, 2008

I recently stayed in this hotel over the Christmas holiday. Upon arriving at the St. Louis airport, I realized I was missing a card my grandmother had given me as a gift as well as one-hundred dollars in cash. Needless to say I was a bit upset. On a long-shot I called the hotel and explained my problem.

Whoever the cleaning lady was had the character to turn in one-hundred dollars in totally untraceable cash. The money sat at the front desk (maybe Kevin was the gentlemen's name) until my uncle picked it up. The whole situation was handled with one-hundred percent professionalism, and in an era of corporate bailouts its a shame more companies don't practice the culture of customer satisfaction that was clearly exhibited at the Drury Inn. Thank you.

• Liked — the staff
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
Texas
Reviewed August 3, 2008

Our family stopped over in St Louis during our recent summer vacation. We booked a Drury hotel on the recommendation from another family member. We were pleasantly surprised. Room was spacious and very clean. 4 of us were not cramped. Pool area was great and even though there were several kids, we enjoyed our time in the water. Breakfast was free and a great selection.

If we are in the area again, this is a must stay.

1 Thank jdbraxton
Regina
Reviewed August 1, 2008

We booked this hotel based on the number of great reviews & we were not disappointed! My husband & I stayed there with our 3 1/2 year old son. I can't say enough good things about this hotel. We were treated very well by the front desk staff, and our room was spacious, with a very good floor plan (i.e. bedroom was far away from the washroom, so no one was disturbed). It was quiet, nice furnishings and very clean. Free internet in the lobby, free long distance calls (15 min. maximum) in the evening (I'm not sure if that's one time only), and free soda and popcorn (and I think a few other things) in the lobby in the evening. And a great complimentary breakfast. The location was good, too. So, keep this place in mind if you're ever planning a trip to St. Louis!

• Liked — Cleanliness, nice furnishings & layout
  • Disliked — strange noise in our room at night coming from a vent of some kind?
1 Thank Mom2gb
Midwest
Reviewed July 29, 2008

This is the second time we've stayed at this hotel and have been very pleased each time. The location is ideal for a variety of family outings throughout town, and the condition of the property is top notch.

The most valuable asset of this hotel is its staff, which is one of the best I've come across in this price range of hotel. Each of the front desk staff was extremely helpful each time I needed something or had a question. The only portion of this stay that was not A+ was housekeeping. Although the room was clean when we arrived, as we stayed multiple nights, our room was not cleaned very well each night. I wasn't expecting a thorough cleaning, but it seemed as if all that was done was new towels and empty the trash.

If you are planning on going to Six Flags, you can buy your tickets at the front desk. I don't know if it is like this always, but you could buy one adult ticket and get the child ticket for free.

Overall, an excellent choice for a family. The next time we are in St. Louis, I will most likely not even consider staying elsewhere.

• Liked — The staff was wonderful.
  • Disliked — housekeeping during our stay
1 Thank erikdane
Also consider these accommodations in or near Valley Park
Hampton Inn St. Louis Southwest
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Fenton
Pear Tree Inn St. Louis Fenton
Holiday Inn Saint Louis West Six Flags
Holiday Inn Express Fenton
Fairfield Inn St. Louis Fenton

Been to Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Southwest? Share your experiences!