“Drury Inn St. Louis Southwest "Great location, great vactation"”

Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Southwest
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Valley Park
Reviewed March 29, 2009

We visited St. Louis and stayed in the Drury Inn 3/24/09 and 3/25/09. It was located in a little town called Valley Park -just before you get to St. Louis. I could not have asked for a better location. We were just 10-20min away from the Zoo, City Museum, Arch. The rooms were extremely clean. My kids enjoyed the heated indoor/outdoor pool and hottub. We enjoyed snacks in the hotel lobby every evening. (Nachos, popcorn, veggies/dip, pretzels and all the soda could we could drink.) The breakfast was great also-waffles, bagels, donuts, fresh fruit, biscuits and gravy--Yum! Staff was very friendly and helpful. There were a lot of restaurants nearby: Taco Bell, Bob Evans, Pizza and more. I plan on staying here everytime we visit St. Louis. I never write reviews, but this time I felt I had to share this so other families can make the most of their vacations.

Reviewed December 29, 2008

I recently stayed in this hotel over the Christmas holiday. Upon arriving at the St. Louis airport, I realized I was missing a card my grandmother had given me as a gift as well as one-hundred dollars in cash. Needless to say I was a bit upset. On a long-shot I called the hotel and explained my problem.

Whoever the cleaning lady was had the character to turn in one-hundred dollars in totally untraceable cash. The money sat at the front desk (maybe Kevin was the gentlemen's name) until my uncle picked it up. The whole situation was handled with one-hundred percent professionalism, and in an era of corporate bailouts its a shame more companies don't practice the culture of customer satisfaction that was clearly exhibited at the Drury Inn. Thank you.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 3, 2008

Our family stopped over in St Louis during our recent summer vacation. We booked a Drury hotel on the recommendation from another family member. We were pleasantly surprised. Room was spacious and very clean. 4 of us were not cramped. Pool area was great and even though there were several kids, we enjoyed our time in the water. Breakfast was free and a great selection.

If we are in the area again, this is a must stay.

1  Thank jdbraxton
Reviewed August 1, 2008

We booked this hotel based on the number of great reviews & we were not disappointed! My husband & I stayed there with our 3 1/2 year old son. I can't say enough good things about this hotel. We were treated very well by the front desk staff, and our room was spacious, with a very good floor plan (i.e. bedroom was far away from the washroom, so no one was disturbed). It was quiet, nice furnishings and very clean. Free internet in the lobby, free long distance calls (15 min. maximum) in the evening (I'm not sure if that's one time only), and free soda and popcorn (and I think a few other things) in the lobby in the evening. And a great complimentary breakfast. The location was good, too. So, keep this place in mind if you're ever planning a trip to St. Louis!

1  Thank Mom2gb
Reviewed July 29, 2008

This is the second time we've stayed at this hotel and have been very pleased each time. The location is ideal for a variety of family outings throughout town, and the condition of the property is top notch.

The most valuable asset of this hotel is its staff, which is one of the best I've come across in this price range of hotel. Each of the front desk staff was extremely helpful each time I needed something or had a question. The only portion of this stay that was not A+ was housekeeping. Although the room was clean when we arrived, as we stayed multiple nights, our room was not cleaned very well each night. I wasn't expecting a thorough cleaning, but it seemed as if all that was done was new towels and empty the trash.

If you are planning on going to Six Flags, you can buy your tickets at the front desk. I don't know if it is like this always, but you could buy one adult ticket and get the child ticket for free.

Overall, an excellent choice for a family. The next time we are in St. Louis, I will most likely not even consider staying elsewhere.

1  Thank erikdane
Reviewed July 26, 2008

Went to Drury Inn and Suites for a weekend vacation. My spouse and I stayed at the Drury and decided to go to Six Flags on Saturday. We then headed to downtown St. Louis, and stayed at the Drury Inn Union station! We loved the "extras that don't cost extra", and will definately be back! Thanks again Drury!!!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2008

We stayed at Drury Inn and Suites St. Louis Southwest for one night on our way through town. I booked directly through the hotel and paid $92 per night. Even though there were lots of folks checking in at once, they had sufficient staff to accomidate everyone. They were EXTREMELY helpful and efficient. The hotel provides free soda and popcorn form 3 till 10 pm. The kids loved it. The rooms were ok- somewhat dated and in need of new carpeting, artwork and bed coverings. The free evening reception was amazing. There were all sorts of snacks, unlimited soda, three alcoholic drinks for each adult....They could have benefitted form having more than one bartender as the line was sometimes long. Breakfast was awesome! There was a huge selection, with something for everyone. We would definately stay at a Drury Inn again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Valley Park
#1 of 1 in Wildwood
Holiday Inn Express Fenton
Holiday Inn Saint Louis West Six Flags
Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55

Been to Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Southwest? Share your experiences!