“What a great staff!”

Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Southwest
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Valley Park
Reviewed May 28, 2014

This hotel was an absolutely wonderful place to stay. The staff, the rooms. What a great experience. We were traveling with pets and they were so accommodating that we felt absolutely at home. Could not have asked for a better place to stay. We will be back!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

Everyone was very nice & I would stay here again well kept and clean.loved indoor/ outdoor pool. The hotel was more than I had expected & free drinks & the food was delicious! Location in a great area -movies, shopping
mall,several eating places within walking distance .

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed May 21, 2014

This is our absolute favorite place to stay in the Saint Louis area. We have always been happy staying here, but the newly remodeled, new everything got me excited enough to recommend to everyone!

New carpeting, new beds, new lobby...very nice. But the best thing about Drury is that they have thought of everything! All included...free wi-if, free hot breakfast (not just the processed eggs and waffle mix that other chains claim as a hot breakfast; the real deal), free hot food and drinks in the evening (over 21 get cocktails), free 24-hour business center, exercise room, and indoor-outdoor pool (yep, you swim under the wall to get outside). Now for the rooms! Spotless (no funny smells), microwave, fridge, large tv, in-shower dispenser (body wash, shampoo, and conditioner), marble tile, and plug-ins on top of the bedside table (really, how many time have you crawled around trying to plug in your charger only to be disappointed that no plug-ins are available?)

The staff is very friendly. I accidentally booked my room at another location, and they bent over backward to get me two rooms together on the day of check-in and cancelled the other reservation..no fee, same price, all smiles!!!

One more extra...was getting ready to purchase Six Flags tickets online and was told that they even have tickets available cheaper than the best online deal ($45 each, no fees).

This is a top-notch, family friendly place to stay. Reasonable rates, everything included...no other option in my mind when coming to Saint Louis!

Room Tip: All new...all great!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Pierre C
Reviewed May 7, 2014

We stayed here on a recent vacation trip. The hotel has recently been renovated. The rooms were very nice, quiet and clean. The food extras were a nice treat. Popcorn and sodas, the hot breakfast, and the evening hot food and a free cocktail were a treat. The staff was very helpful and pleasant. Definitely would stay again!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 6, 2014

I stayed at this hotel 3 years ago. It was greatly satisfying, so when returning, made reservations at the same hotel. Not as good for multiple reasons. We were traveling with pets. We had crates and cleaned outside after our dogs, but it seems Drury is beginning to charge a $10/day pet fee. That will preclude my using them in the future. Let's face it, it's merely price gouging; the rooms are cleaned NO DIFFERENTLY (have watched) whether there's a pet or not. Also, we had to beg for sufficient towels on more than one occasion (women washing hair often use more than 1/day). Also, I personally cleaned up a big spill in front of the elevator. The breakfasts were good; the staff "nice" but not overly cooperative (e.g,, towels, etc.). Nice grassy area is now a Hampton Inn since last visit. Will stay elsewhere next time (3 more years). I find children spilling, slopping water all over the hotel from pool, food scattered about in eating area, etc. are far messier than my dogs. The other excuse of "allergies" is just that. If someone is that allergic, they can stay in pet-free hotel--or stay home. Enough already with the allergies!!! Everyone else in the world is not required to adjust to one person's issue.

Room Tip: No quiet near pool on 1st floor. Upper floors are further from highway noise. We were in #629, whi...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Regaleagle
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Southwest, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Southwest. We truly value your business. I appreciate hearing guest feedback, and thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. I was sorry to read that your 2nd stay was not as good as your 1st because of our pet fee. We at Drury pride ourselves on providing exceptional quality at a great value.

While we offer many free amenities, we charge $10 per night for a pet cleaning fee, which is minimal for our industry. We provide extra cleaning for rooms with pets - the walls are wiped down, all bedding is removed and cleaned, and the carpets are cleaned. This is done the day the guest checks out of the room. We hope this extra care results in a clean fresh room, great amenities, and a comfortable stay for all our guests.

I hope you will reconsider and give us another opportunity to serve your lodging needs, and I would welcome the opportunity to further discuss this issue with you. Please contact me directly at the hotel if you wish to do so.

Brian Handyside

Reviewed May 5, 2014

We spent two days at the hotel from May 2 through May 4. The staff was very polite and helpful. Everyone staff member that we encountered, even in passing would greet us and ask if there was anything they could do for us. The rooms were very nice, clean and comfortable. The complimentary evening drinks, food and breakfast were nice and always plentiful. When we stayed it seemed that every room was booked as there were a lot of people including large groups of teenage kids. In addition it is a pet friendly hotel and there were several dogs and their owners present. With that in mind, that atmosphere was still quiet and relaxed and everything was still running smoothly with no waiting for service or food. Overall this was a wonderful hotel and wonderful service making the Drury Inn our first hotel choice on future occasions.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 1, 2014

We were traveling with our two dogs for an event at Purina Farms. I have always loved Drury and still do...not loving the new pet fees, though. This property was under renovation at the time of our stay, but the staff went out of their way to provide exceptional service. The property itself doesn't have a lot of green space to potty the dogs...had to walk across the street. The problem I am finding with Drurys if fairly consistent...teams and big groups with kids stay at the property for all of the freebies, but completely trash the hotel and are incredibly loud. Perhaps they should implement a kid fee, as the kids left far more of a mess than our dogs. Our room was next to the stairwell, which became very noisy as the kids were running wild...not to mention all of the food that was crushed into the new carpet. I called the front desk and even went down in person when things didn't subside. The staff was very polite, but indicated that their hands were tied. I always check the room before I bring my dogs in...found quite a few items on the carpet and under the furniture...sprinkles, gummy bears, etc. I will always be a fan of Drury, but truly hope that they reconsider some of their current policies...it's like staying the night in a Chuck E. Cheese :(

Room Tip: Although convenient, the rooms next to the stairwell are noisier. The suites are simply beautiful!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I apologize for the issues that occurred during your stay with us. We do attract a lot of families and teams due to our extra amenities. However, we have systems in place to keep the noise to a minimum so all of our guests will have a quiet and comfortable stay. I am sorry that was not the case during your stay. I hope you will stay with us again on your next trip to St. Louis. Please contact me if I can be of any other service.

Brian Handyside

Also consider these accommodations in or near Valley Park
Hampton Inn St. Louis Southwest
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Fenton
Best Western Kirkwood Inn
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Arnold
Holiday Inn Saint Louis West Six Flags
Drury Plaza Hotel St. Louis Chesterfield

Been to Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Southwest? Share your experiences!