“Great Service”

Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Southwest
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Valley Park
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel many times and I keep going back because the hotels is super clean, the staff are really friendly, and it includes complimentary breakfast. The location is just south of St. Louis so we are able to go sightseeing to downtown St. Louis just 10 minutes away and Six Flags St. Louis is not far away eithe. There are many nearby restaurants as well if you want to eat out and grab dinner late at night. They have an indoor/outdoor pool which my kids really enjoy. And you can't beat the price. Very reasonable.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Angie616
There are newer reviews for Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Southwest

Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here several times and have always been pleased. One might look at the price and think I could save money elsewhere, but if you have a family you have to consider that you are also getting a great hot Bkft each day as well as a kid friendly snack/ dinner. My kids love the indoor outdoor pool that is year round. Staff has always been so helpful and they put an emphasis on keeping the floors quiet I am a Drury fan but this is one of my favorites

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank ozarksun
Reviewed April 4, 2013

we checked in, and right off the bat, the man at the desk changed our room to a first floor, near the pool, instead of the fifth floor(outstanding). We got to our room, clean, nice, marble floors in the bathroom, refrig, micro in the room. We then proceeded to the happy hour, free drinks(beer and wine) nachos, hot dogs, mac and cheese, chicken tenders, all delicious! Pool was heated, hot tub as well, half pool outside, other half inside(very cool). Great Hotel!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank madmax1965
Reviewed April 2, 2013

What an excellent value! We stopped in and met James at the front desk. Such a nice gentleman. He was very accommodating, getting the right room, matching a price we had seen. The room was clean, microwave and refrigerator inside the cabinet. Our room was had two queen beds. Granite vanity and floor in the bathroom, comfortable beds. Most travelers have come to expect breakfast with an overnight stay. This hotel offered an excellent value. They had eggs, hash browns, waffle maker, plenty of hot items as well as the pastries and cereal. They also offer hot dinner. We checked in just in time for dinner and thee drinks per person. Chad was excellent at making everyone feel at home. Dinner was not gourmet but a nice extra. Macaroni and cheese, soup, salad, chicken strips - a little something for everyone. Soda and popcorn. They had a central computer and printer, which came in handy. Free wi-fi, of course. The also had an indoor/outdoor pool. Conveniently located right off the highway. Overall, we were very satisfied and would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank moore1200
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Overall, we had a great experience at this hotel. Very friendly staff. My daughter lost her cell phone and the manager helped me pull off sheets, move beds etc.The 5:30 Kickback was great since we got stranded from the storm and weren't expecting to pay another night for a hotel. The food fed our family without extra expense. The downside was the room carpets and hallway were quite dirty. The bathroom looked like it still had hair in it. There was a bottle cap behind a bed. The stuffed furniture had popcorn etc. in it and frankly it was quite gross.

Room Tip: I would get a room not on the first floor.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Southwest, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

We would like to sincerely apologize that the cleanliness of the bathroom and carpets were not up to your expectations. We always strive to have the cleanest rooms for our guests. We will use your comments to work harder so another guest does not experience the same issue's that you have.

Thank you very much for your comments and we hope to see you on your next stay in St. Louis.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

I honestly love this place... The one reason we came here was the 5:30 kick back.. We had came last week and the blonde was the bartender and she was very smart with her beverages.. So we come back today of course when I figure oh.. Last week they Didnt card me so I am sure they won't this week..( my son who is 2 threw my id out the car window a few days ago) and the guy chooses to car me over every other person there.. He Didnt card the gorgeous ones but he choose to card me.. I have two children and have been married 4 years. I am pretty sure I know what I am doing.. My birthdate is 11-10-1989 does that not make me old enough to drink? I'm pretty sure it does! Night ruined all because I am not a perfect 10 in hi eyes. Will not come back here again.. I wonder how many young girls they would let drink because they are beautiful?

• Stayed: March 2013
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Southwest, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy you enjoyed your previous stays with us. We apologize for having to turn you down for alcoholic beverages. However, we do care about serving responsibly and do card people that look 30 years of age and under. Thanks again for your feedback.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

For the price, excellent! The staff were responsive and accommodating, an remembered faces. The room was clean and comfortable. I had a 5th floor room above the lobby, and was not disturbed by lobby noise at night or breakfast time. The breakfast was ok. Nothing earth shattering, but good enough to keep you going until lunchtime. And I'd say it was better than many other hotel and motel chains which offer less selection, and poorer quality product. Didn't eat, but took a quick look at the evening snacks. Noting I'd like to use as a meal for more than one night, but definitely a nice touch and option.

The only negative for me, on a business trip was the location. Out of town, and there's not much I the way of decent restaurants or bars to hang at with colleagues in the immediate vicinity. But that's not the hotels fault!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Valley Park
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Fenton
Hampton Inn St. Louis Southwest
Pear Tree Inn St. Louis Fenton
Holiday Inn Saint Louis West Six Flags
The Wildwood Hotel, BW Premier Collection
Fairfield Inn St. Louis Fenton

Been to Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Southwest? Share your experiences!