This was my first time staying at a Drury and I was a little apprehensive. Turns out I had nothing to worry about! Everything was great. Check- in was quick and easy. I had made a note on our reservation requesting a roll-away bed, and it was in our room when we arrived, with enough pillows, blankets, and towels for everyone in the family. What great service!
Our two room suite was spotless. The bathroom sparkled it was so clean....it looked like a brand new tub and tile. 2 huge flat screen TVs, which were much bigger than anything we have had at any other hotel. A very comfortable king size bed too!
The 5:30 Kickback provided enough food to definitely make it a meal. You can't go wrong with a huge baked potato, topped with chili, cheese, and jalepanos! Yum! As another reviewer said, the quality is consistent with ball park type food. It's plentiful and decent. The kids love it and you can't beat the free adult beverages. The bartenders and other staff were all friendly and helpful at the Kickback too. A lot of families do go to this, however we did not find it overly crowded, and we were able to get a table as soon as we had our food.
The free breakfast was also a good value. Plenty to chose from. The donuts were a bit stale, but other than that, the food was good. Again, a lot of families were at breakfast, but we did not have a problem getting a table.
We have stayed at other hotel chains that offer "evening receptions" and free breakfast. One thing I would like to point out about the Drury, compared to other hotels is that it is VERY family friendly. We have found the "evening reception" at another hotel chain to be a bit rowdy with many adults over-indulging in the free drinks, making it an inappropriate environment for families. The environment is not like that at all at the Kickback at Drury! You see families playing games and eating together....not a "bar-like" atmosphere at all!
Overall, a great family hotel! We will definitely be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Southwest is located in St. Louis County suburb Valley Park. At the junction of I-44 and Highway 141, it's an easy drive to downtown St. Louis and West County attractions and businesses. Relax in our clean, comfortable rooms and enjoy free hot breakfast and free hot food and cold beverages at our evening 5:30 Kickback(R). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Southwest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Drury Inn And Suites St. Louis-Southwest
- Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis-Southwest Hotel Valley Park
- Drury Inn Saint Louis
- Drury Inn St Louis Southwest
- Drury Saint Louis