“Amazing Brisket and a great menu!”
Review of Salt + Smoke

Salt + Smoke
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Salt + Smoke, BBQ Bourbon and Beer sources and smokes the best BBQ in town! We make everything from scratch from our fries to pies and can help you wash that delicious food down with any of our over 300 beers and whiskies!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This place is truly a destination. Right across from the famous Blueberry Hill, I definitely found my thrill in the brisket at Salt and Smoke! Done to perfection, and perfectly seasoned (with sauce on the side), you just can't beat this. The absolute killer item on the menu though is the burnt end ravioli's. Outrageously perfect!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I ate here after seeing a show in downtown STL. It had been recommended by a friend of ours. We ordered dry rub smoked wings, hush puppies with maple butter, the 4-meat bestie combo with mac & cheese and pit beans as our two sides. The meats were brisket, pulled pork, ribs, and fried jalapeño and cheddar bologna. It came with a popover.

Hush puppies and maple butter: Enjoyed and would order again. I liked the hint of sweet maple combined with the salty hush puppy.

Dry rub smoked wings: Tasted okay, but nothing extraordinary. The Ranch dressing was VERY runny. My personal preference is thicker, creamier Ranch with my wings.

Popover: I LOVED this item! Filled with air pockets and a unique replacement for the traditional dinner roll you often see at BBQ joints. I could order a whole basket of these and nothing else!

Brisket: I was underwhelmed. Maybe it was a texture thing. I found it juicy, but chewy, and though it was under seasoned. Wouldn’t order it again.

Pulled Pork: Definitely would order again! It paired well with the sweet Bestie sauce.

Ribs: Would order again. Meat pretty well fell off the bones.

Fried Jalapeño and Cheddar Bologna: My husband really loved this. He said it made him nostalgic for his childhood and the fried bologna sandwiches his dad made. I don’t typically eat bologna, but I liked it, too! If I were to order it again, I would prefer it on a sandwich.

Mac & Cheese: Seasoned well, but I would have preferred panko breadcrumbs in it instead of crumbled crackers.

Pit Beans: These were disappointing. Would not order again. They didn’t have much flavor and the sauce was really thin. The bacon didn’t even seem to help the flavor much. Would have preferred a thicker sauce and burnt ends and andouille sausage as proteins.

Environment: SO HOT. We were sweating and uncomfortable for the whole meal. Clean bathroom. Friendly staff, even though the server who brought my beer set it in front of my husband, assuming the man ordered it.

Overall, it wasn’t a bad dining experience, but I am not sure we would go significantly out of our way to eat there again.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We enjoyed this rustic BB food restaurant. We went to the one on the Delmar Loop. The service was very good and the BB food was delicious. The five of us passed around samples from each person's plate so we got a good overview. The Ribs were juicy but Brisket was my favorite. Not too fatty (I asked for not fatty) and very good.

Reviewed June 4, 2019 via mobile

Really, what do you eat when you go to St Louis?

HELLO, ST LOUIS style ribs, what else?

Chris was our waiter and was fantastic. We ordered ribs (fall off the bone), brisket (I ordered the fatty), baked beans, macaroni and cheese, cream corn, and then, we had a flight of a whiskey tastings from Missouri. We also ordered a beer each that was wonderful.

Lotus (as in flower) was a breath of fresh air. He really took pride in himself and his job. It was refreshing to see such a nice young man that did such a great job, he is a keeper.

I can’t complain about a thing. Our hostess was nice, Chris our waiter was fun and energetic, Lotus was fantastic, the food was the best.

I WOULD return and I’m looking forward to it.

Reviewed June 4, 2019 via mobile

Ribs, brisket , wings - all phenomenal.
Recommend the Mac n Cheese for a side.

Servers were fast and friendly. Absolutely awesome. Highly recommend!