“Pappy's isn't the only great BBQ in StL!”
Review of Vernons BBQ

Vernons BBQ
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed July 12, 2014

My husband LOVES barbecue--we have tried it all. Vernon's is among the best, plus it's very reasonably priced. Friendly staff+great sauces+delicious sides+awesome barbecue=an excellent dinner and a satisfied tummy--try it, you'll like it!

1  Thank lpemberton

Reviewed July 12, 2014

Great food. Don't be fooled by building. Clean dining room good music. Great staff. Must visit. Ribs don't need anything. We will be back.

Reviewed July 10, 2014

I've had a lot of BBQ around the country and Vern's was among the best. Very good meaty ribs. The brisket (burnt ends if you ask nicely) and the pulled pork was flavorful and moist. Sauces are available but not necessary. The meat had great flavor. The smoked beans were very good and not mushy. The "secret" recipe cornbread was golden brown, light, and sweet. It is located in an old gas station with plenty of parking. It was really good. If you are looking for well done BBQ, Vern's is worth the stop.

1  Thank IndyOmahaCincyKid
Reviewed July 7, 2014

We are here on July 4th for lunch. Having never been here before we got the Sampler which included a half rack of ribs and 3 meats. we chose the brisket, ham and pulled pork. The ribs were INSANE! Quite possibly the best ribs I have ever eaten. You don't need to add any sauce to them they are smokey and coated in some sort of saucey magical goodness! The other meats were great, but needed sauce and here is my only negative. I, personally, am a fan of the thick, dark smokey sweet kind of BBQ sauce and they don't have that here...their sauces were yummy in their own right, but more vinegary and thin then I care for. But they were good. We tried the potatoes (yum) burnt ends baked beans (double yum) and the corn bread, all were delicious. Great value and quality. A local waiter at Pi Pizza on the loop steered us here and we were not disappointed. I will be back!

2  Thank TiffHerb
Reviewed July 4, 2014

Service was excellent. Even though it was a holiday we didn't have to wait. We are from Kansas City, and we love BBQ!!! Food was excellent, try the ribs, you'll love them!!!

1  Thank Marshawn12