“Not what I expected”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
O'Fallon, Illinois
“Not what I expected”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

So our usual Korean restaurant closed so we decided to try this place after reading good reviews. We were seated by a very friendly young woman and ordered they have Korean beer my favorite. I ordered the bulgogi my wife got the sea food tofu stew. They first brought out or banchan dishes about 18 of them they were very tasty. The food came out quickly and I was pretty disappointed with my dish the meat was extremely tough and barley marinated, it was like unseasoned beef jerky. I am a lover of bulgogi and have eaten it many times all over the states and Korea and must say this was the worst I ever had. I told my wife i had better at the road side rest area in Korea. Her dish was just ok she was not thrilled with it. The waitress was great the place was unimpressive for outside but very nice and clean inside. The owner lady came out my wife told her about my meal and she apologized many times in korean that it wasn't marinated long enough or at all in my opinion. I think maybe it was just an off night for them but not sure I'll try it again if we do I'll order something else.

• Visited March 2013

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Heaven in a bowl”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

The owner educated me about the side dishes she served and why to eat them. Which ones helped which organs and so on. It was awesome and the first time I had a Korean place serve me all the sides as well as making sure that I enjoyed my food and talked to me since I was dinig alone. Love at first taste it was.

Visited July 2012