“Unique and Tasty”
Review of Flaco's Cocina

Flaco's Cocina
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

I'd been to Flaco's before, but took my other half today. I had the lobster quesedilla, and she had the goat cheese and steak version. Food was tasty, service attentive, and atmosphere inviting. They have a wide, innovative array of menu choices. Wife loved it, and she's not easily impressed. Looking for an alternative to the usual? Give Flaco's a shot!

1  Thank twrood

Reviewed April 3, 2014

After three visits, I still have mixed feelings about this. A friend loves everything she's had there: paella, fish, fish tacos. To me, it's okay, if a bit pricey. Last visit, I ordered lobster empanadas, based on the menu's description, and was disappointed. Mixed drinks are nothing special and I wouldn't order one again. (We never seem to hit happy hour.) Sit away from the door in cold weather.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

Have had better and have had worse. It happened to be Happy Hour-discounted drinks and two dollar tacos if a drink is purchased. I tried the Fish Baha, shrimp, and tuna tacos. Cabbage instead of lettuce on the tacos may be more authentic, but The may favorite.Fish Baha is essentially a breaded piece of fish and fried, it came out smoking hot(temp) not spice. The shrimp was as small as could be caught but adequate for the taco. Tuna pieces were bite size and well flavored, The tamales were a disappointment. Thickly breaded with very little meat and covered with a sauce that was overly spicy and I considered overpriced. The decor did make me feel as though I was back in Peru. Walls, chairs, everything was brightly painted and floor to ceiling windows let in a gorgeous amount of light. Servers were attentive and friendly.

1  Thank mel1150
Reviewed December 25, 2013

Dinner for 6 on a Friday night; small little neighborhood place with great homemade chips & salsa. Margaritas were tasty and the entrees were all delicious. The Lobster Empanadas were wonderful! We can't wait to go back again!

2  Thank WildwoodCorgis
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

The food is mediocre at best. Their ultimate margarita is a blend of to much sweet and sour masked with tequila. The guacamole lacks flavor. I had the papas tacos which was suppose to have queso but was lacking that. The taco was also lacking flavor. The Spanish rice was cold and my wife's soup also lacked flavor. If your looking for overpriced poor quality food, this is your place.