“Cheap greasy food”
Review of White Rose Cafe

White Rose Cafe
Ranked #8 of 38 Restaurants in Union
Reviewed December 31, 2013

The worst food I have had in a very long time. My sampler breakfast was loaded with grease and had virtually no flavor. Non-smoking area filled up with smoke. Overall an awful experience. The cute appearance and history of the building do not make up for terrible food. I took a shower when I got home and washed my clothes due to the stench of cigarette smoke in the nonsmoking area. Avoid unless cheap, greasy, tasteless food is what you like.

1  Thank Sarah J

Reviewed November 1, 2013

The food is what you would expect of a diner. Good but not super BLTs, pancakes, Rye toast, etc. Walk to the left if you are a smoker, to the right, non-smokers. What is excellent is the pie. Huge lemon meringue pies, chocolate pies, German Chocolate cakes, etc. Fun fake telephone booth in the center og the diner along with lots and lots of frog decor. Cute. Don't come here expecting haute cuisine and organic beets. Come here for some comfort food and good prices. Service was good, checks split without protest.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is a one of a kind restaurant. Off the beaten path in Union Missouri. My husband and I have been here twice and know we will return many times. The food is great, atmosphere is great, and waitresses best beyond compare. If you are looking for nostalgia this is the place to go. Love it

Reviewed November 27, 2012

Purchased a restaurant.com coupon for this restaurant because we wanted to try it but the owner/manager said they were not taking them anymore because "I was losing money on them." He should have honored the coupons that were purchased as they had no expiration date and then not contracted again with restaurant.com if he was unhappy. You don't screw the customer. We will not be back.

1  Thank 591Joyce_P_12
Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

Smokey, crowded feeling and poor customer service. My daughter ordered fish and it was mushy , stringy, blue vieny looking things all iver it, not cooked all the way through. When the waitress came back and asked if everything was okay I explained that she was unhappy with her meal. She replies with , oh, we are trying a new fish." and walked off. We assumed it was to bring her a fresh piece and she never returned until it was to bring us our bill. I asked if our daughter could have something else to eat in place of the awful fish and was told she could but I'd have to pay for it. Uh, no. Not happening. So we went to the register to check out? Got what seemed to be the standard "how was everything?" and I said the fish was horrible and she didn't eat. All I received was a "sorry to hear that" and we were still charged for the meal that had only had one bite out of it! We have never gone back. NEVER AGAIN!! I suggest Junie Moon, Hagies 19, Benito's, ANY place other than this One. We have never had a bad meal at any of these places and they all seem to value their customers and know that with this economy service and good food is what is going to keep people coming back. The old timers may like white rose because it's been there for years and it's become a habit, but I can still utilize my taste buds and choose not to eat that crap again.