“Greasy Chairs, Greasy Tables, Cold Hard Food in Buffet” 1 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Dinner
Dining options: Dinner
Washington, Missouri
“Greasy Chairs, Greasy Tables, Cold Hard Food in Buffet”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

My grandson asked to eat here, so we went.
I will never return.
We were barely acknowledged by a rude Asian woman when we entered and she grunted that we could sit any where. We picked a table and when we pulled the chairs out, they were sticky with old grease. The table top was the same.
We arrived at 11:00 a.m., as the lunch just started and everything in the buffet looked "old" and tired.
I tried several kinds of chicken and am still wondering what type of meat it was. The pieces that weren't tough, had chunks of fat and gristle running through them. Both types of rice were cold even though they were under heat lamps.
I needed a refill on my soda but the only person in attendance was the first woman we first encountered and she was very preoccupied on her cell phone. I got her attention and asked for a refill and it felt like I'd asked for her first born grandchild.
I've never seen crab Rangoon made like this before. They were a flat triangle of thick dough, fried to a tough chewy greasy experience.
Before we were any where near done eating, the "woman" walked over and slapped a plastic dish with our check in it down on the table.
I was surprised at the cost, it was much higher than it should have been.
I would never change the time with my grandson, however the next time we go to lunch, it will be somewhere clean AND pleasant - where we're treated like valued customers.
If you like eating in greasy spoons where the food is marginal at best and being treated like second class citizens - then this is the place for you.

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank Teri Lynn H

Union, Missouri
“Quick Buffet style Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

The Lucky Chinese Restaurant is a nice little "quick meal" buffet. There are many selections on the buffet line, but sometimes the most popular dishes run out and it may take a little time to get a refill. The quality of the food is very good, and the price is excellent for the value.

Visited March 2014
Saint Louis, Missouri
“One of the best buffets in town!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

I've dined here multiple times and I always get great service. The best time to go is before 1 or 2 for lunch and before 8 for dinner. Everything is always good and fresh. I highly recommend this place for cheap and affordable Chinese food. Dine in or take out, they are very generous with portions. Enough for left overs the next day :)

• Visited August 2012
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Don't bother!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

This once was my favorite Chinese Buffet, not any longer!
Crabby owners wife, won't refill items on the buffet if it's getting too late in the lunch hour. Quality issues with the food. No more for me!

1 Thank DrJ3556
Union, Mo
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Buffett”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2012

havent been there in years but the last time it was cold and dry.

Visited June 2012