“Our experience was very nice.”
Review of Super 8 Union

Super 8 Union
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Union
Reviewed October 12, 2010

Our room was cheery and clean. The young lady at the front desk was very pleasant. The continental breakfast was nothing fancy but adequate. All in all, our stay was very nice.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Wash8, Owner at Super 8 Union, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2010

First, let me apologize for my lateness in responding to your review of our hotel. We appreciated your review and the staff at the property loved seeing your comments. The housekeepers work very hard to provide exceptionally clean rooms and the front desk staff always tries to go out of their way to make every guest feel welcome and at home. On behalf of the entire staff, thank you for staying at our hotel and for taking time out of your busy schedule to send in your review.

Mary Frances, Owner

Reviewed September 5, 2010

I really enjoyed this hotel! The staff was very very nice! We went down to eat breakfast, and it was closed, yet they still let us eat there! They even talked to us! The pool is very clean and comfortable. The rooms were cozy too! I liked the TV and the bathroom. I would like it if you had an exercise room! Our room was 105, and I really enjoyed it! I hope to stay there again!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank hotelsareepic
Wash8, Owner at Super 8 Union, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2010

On behalf of our entire staff, I wanted to thank you for your review of our property. We appreciate your comments and we enjoyed having you at our hotel. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed August 18, 2010

This hotel was wonderful and well worth the price. I was warmly greeted by Felisha at the front desk and quickly checked in. I was given my room key and a coupon for 10 percent off any item at the neighboring McDonalds...... My room was exceptionally clean and fresh smelling and all of the amenities that one now expects were available. This hotel boasts an indoor pool and a nice continental breakfast in a pleasant breakfast room. When I asked if a newspaper was available when I went for breakfast, the day shift person informed me that there were no machines on the property but gave me her personal newspaper to read! I was amazed by the friendliness and personal service I received at this hotel..........

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
Wash8, Owner at Super 8 Union, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2010

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. Our staff was extremely excited when they saw your comments, especially Felisha. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay, our friendly staff and hope to see you in the future.

Mary Frances

Reviewed January 17, 2010

I am a Holiday Inn Platinium Level Priority Club member. I was extremely disappointed that there were no Holiday Inns in the Union, Mo. area. I reluctantly booked a night at the Super 8. I was pleasantly surprised at the high caliber of the staff and manager. A business need arose during my stay, and they were very helpful in working with me to solve my problem. I would strongly recommend this motel for those looking for a clean inn that is quiet, and staffed by top quality people.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank DavidCPA
Reviewed July 2, 2009

This is a newer property, run by the same management team that runs the (also good) nearby Washington, MO Super 8. The Union property is usually easier to find available on weekends since it is further from St. Louis.

This newer motel was clean, smelled good, the room was reasonably well maintained. The breakfast adequate but not spectacular. The staff was friendly (locally owned).

Internet service was strong and relatively, and the bed was reasonably comfortable.

The indoor pool was like most motel indoor pools, small and needing a water change.

Most of the time when people write reviews for motel or hotel, they only do it when they have a bad experience. I am writing reviews of every motel I stay in to give as unbiased of a review that I can.

The motel reviewed here is a low-priced budget, and it is unrealistic to expect it to be on-par with higher end motels, so comparing it to a higher end 2 and 3 star chain hotels is not fair... I am comparing it against its peers.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sabbath999
Reviewed October 15, 2008

On September 15th - 18th the Super 8 Motel in Union, Missouri was the host hotel for our Aero Warrior Car Club Annual Meeting. We were planning to attend, but had one issue .....we were coming in our 38 ft motorhome pulling a 26 ft car trailer. On a chance.....two weeks prior to the gathering, I contacted the Manager of the Motel, Kathy Blackwell and inquired if there was any way that we could possibly stay in their parking lot and pay a fee for the service. I explained that living in California, we only see our friends once a year and we would like to be close to them if at all possible. Kathy asked all the right questions, said that she would look into the possibility and contact her back in a day or two. When I did contact her again she informed me that they were going to put the side parking lot aside for our motorhome and trailer and we would also have access to electricity. The fee charged was very fair and we would have been happy to pay even more for the convience and ability to be with our friends. Not only did Kathy work it out to accomodate a motorhome at her facility, she and her Director of Sales, Brett Leary and the entire motel staff were always courtious, happy and asking if we needed anything. I hope to see them again and recommend this beautifuly decorated, well maintained facility and staff to anyone who wants to be greated with smiles and great service.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed August 28, 2007

The rooms are clean, it's a brand new hotel. The pool is a bit on the gross side already with a nice layer of scum built up around the edge on the tile. I use this hotel for out of town guests, it's the only hotel in town close to my business. One guest felt the service was wonderful, but when I visited the location there was no attention from the front desk at all. I stood in an empty lobby for five minutes. It would be nice if there was competition in town so the level of service would remain what it was when the hotel was originally built. So, rooms are still clean and serviceable but the customer service is showing a dangerous decline in check-in, guest services, pool maintenance and the breakfast is meager at best. If anyone reads this, any management types the hotel could turn it around.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
2  Thank fothut
Also consider these accommodations in or near Union
Super 8 Washington
#2 of 2 in Saint Clair
Best Western Plus Washington Hotel
Comfort Inn Six Flags St. Louis
Baymont Inn & Suites Sullivan

Been to Super 8 Union? Share your experiences!