“Pets allowed is misleading” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 Union

Super 8 Union
Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Super 8 Union
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Union
1630lyon
“Pets allowed is misleading”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2011

We made reservations at this hotel for Christmas, brought our pets along as we were continuing on to Florida for the winter, upon check-in we were told that they DO NOT ALLOW CATS, so on December 23 we had to find a new hotel and the closest was 25 miles away. They need to change there "Pets Allowed" to "Dogs only". I have stayed at this hotel in the past and it is clean and would stay in the future, my experience is just not something I wanted to deal with at Christmas time.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Wash8, Owner at Super 8 Union, responded to this review, April 21, 2011
First of all, thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. I apologize for your inconvenience in finding another property that would allow cats and especially around Christmas time. We completely understand your inconvenience. You are absolutely correct that we need to change the description on "Pets Allowed" and we have just recently finished completing a form which will contain the description: "Small dogs at $10 per night per dog". Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention and we look forward to your next visit.

Till then, safe travels!
Mary Frances, Owner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Lebanon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2010

Our room was cheery and clean. The young lady at the front desk was very pleasant. The continental breakfast was nothing fancy but adequate. All in all, our stay was very nice.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Wash8, Owner at Super 8 Union, responded to this review, December 9, 2010
First, let me apologize for my lateness in responding to your review of our hotel. We appreciated your review and the staff at the property loved seeing your comments. The housekeepers work very hard to provide exceptionally clean rooms and the front desk staff always tries to go out of their way to make every guest feel welcome and at home. On behalf of the entire staff, thank you for staying at our hotel and for taking time out of your busy schedule to send in your review.

Mary Frances, Owner
Washington, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2010

I really enjoyed this hotel! The staff was very very nice! We went down to eat breakfast, and it was closed, yet they still let us eat there! They even talked to us! The pool is very clean and comfortable. The rooms were cozy too! I liked the TV and the bathroom. I would like it if you had an exercise room! Our room was 105, and I really enjoyed it! I hope to stay there again!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank hotelsareepic
Wash8, Owner at Super 8 Union, responded to this review, September 7, 2010
On behalf of our entire staff, I wanted to thank you for your review of our property. We appreciate your comments and we enjoyed having you at our hotel. We look forward to your next visit.
Saint Robert, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2010

This hotel was wonderful and well worth the price. I was warmly greeted by Felisha at the front desk and quickly checked in. I was given my room key and a coupon for 10 percent off any item at the neighboring McDonalds...... My room was exceptionally clean and fresh smelling and all of the amenities that one now expects were available. This hotel boasts an indoor pool and a nice continental breakfast in a pleasant breakfast room. When I asked if a newspaper was available when I went for breakfast, the day shift person informed me that there were no machines on the property but gave me her personal newspaper to read! I was amazed by the friendliness and personal service I received at this hotel..........

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Wash8, Owner at Super 8 Union, responded to this review, December 14, 2010
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. Our staff was extremely excited when they saw your comments, especially Felisha. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay, our friendly staff and hope to see you in the future.

Mary Frances
Olathe, KS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2010

I am a Holiday Inn Platinium Level Priority Club member. I was extremely disappointed that there were no Holiday Inns in the Union, Mo. area. I reluctantly booked a night at the Super 8. I was pleasantly surprised at the high caliber of the staff and manager. A business need arose during my stay, and they were very helpful in working with me to solve my problem. I would strongly recommend this motel for those looking for a clean inn that is quiet, and staffed by top quality people.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank DavidCPA
Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2009

This is a newer property, run by the same management team that runs the (also good) nearby Washington, MO Super 8. The Union property is usually easier to find available on weekends since it is further from St. Louis.

This newer motel was clean, smelled good, the room was reasonably well maintained. The breakfast adequate but not spectacular. The staff was friendly (locally owned).

Internet service was strong and relatively, and the bed was reasonably comfortable.

The indoor pool was like most motel indoor pools, small and needing a water change.

Most of the time when people write reviews for motel or hotel, they only do it when they have a bad experience. I am writing reviews of every motel I stay in to give as unbiased of a review that I can.

The motel reviewed here is a low-priced budget, and it is unrealistic to expect it to be on-par with higher end motels, so comparing it to a higher end 2 and 3 star chain hotels is not fair... I am comparing it against its peers.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sabbath999
Southern California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2008

On September 15th - 18th the Super 8 Motel in Union, Missouri was the host hotel for our Aero Warrior Car Club Annual Meeting. We were planning to attend, but had one issue .....we were coming in our 38 ft motorhome pulling a 26 ft car trailer. On a chance.....two weeks prior to the gathering, I contacted the Manager of the Motel, Kathy Blackwell and inquired if there was any way that we could possibly stay in their parking lot and pay a fee for the service. I explained that living in California, we only see our friends once a year and we would like to be close to them if at all possible. Kathy asked all the right questions, said that she would look into the possibility and contact her back in a day or two. When I did contact her again she informed me that they were going to put the side parking lot aside for our motorhome and trailer and we would also have access to electricity. The fee charged was very fair and we would have been happy to pay even more for the convience and ability to be with our friends. Not only did Kathy work it out to accomodate a motorhome at her facility, she and her Director of Sales, Brett Leary and the entire motel staff were always courtious, happy and asking if we needed anything. I hope to see them again and recommend this beautifuly decorated, well maintained facility and staff to anyone who wants to be greated with smiles and great service.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
      Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Union
Super 8 Washington
#1 of 2 in Saint Clair
BEST WESTERN PLUS Washington Hotel
Comfort Inn Six Flags St. Louis
Baymont Inn & Suites Sullivan

Been to Super 8 Union? Share your experiences!