“The name says it all”

Cuisines: American
Description: Good Home Cooking
Description: Good Home Cooking
Reviewed March 5, 2014

This small café has very good food for a reasonable price. The service is excellent during the breakfast and lunch "rush periods". The seating arrangements are limited, and it can become quite crowded, especially if you are eating after church services on Sunday mornings. We have eaten at this café for breakfast, lunch and dinner. It is really a breakfast and lunch location, but they serve some nice "home style" dinners. It's a good place to take the kids if you want a little more than a fast food lunch, and the cost is just about the same as the major burger chains.

Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Like the name says, nothing fancy on the outside or the inside, but do they make up for it in the good food and service. Have eaten there 4 times and have never had a bad meal. Plenty of food, not a lot of money. This is a must go. You will not be disappointed.

1  Thank pandam1
Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Normally I enjoy eating here. The foods good, the price isn't bad but.....

As I sit here at 7:30 pm in the cafe, I hear one employee talking on the phone about having the last ticket come in (us) and that she will be ready to go at 8:15.

Next.... The vacuuming commences. We can't carry on a conversation at our table. I AM HELPING PLANMY DAUGHTERS WEDDING HERE WITH HER!!

Finally.... A waitress asks a customer to pull the "open" light off at 7:40 pm. This ace is OPEN until 8 pm.

Where is the manager at? I don't want to swallow my food whole, but feel that's where it's going.

2  Thank Sandra B
Reviewed August 15, 2013

This cafe follows the usual tradition of Midwestern or American style diners. Generally the food is good tasting, salty, and greasy. The coffee is good and the service is good. For breakfast or lunch in Union it is not a bad choice. Prices are reasonable and the food is OK, at least on par with other similar eateries in the area. There is nothing however to distinguish the food from any other restaurant in this category. The food seems to come off the same "homemade" truck as all the other truck stops in Missouri.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Ok. My family and I went here for breakfast a short time after it opened. It is only a 1/2 mile from our house, so we were excited to see a new "cafe" in town. We ordered the normal breakfast fare, eggs, bacon, etc. We did order the biscuits and gravy to share. The menu read "homemade gravy" for the biscuits. I was excited at the thought of not having to make homemade gravy at home. The biscuits and gravy came, and let me tell you, the gravy is a mix, not from scratch! It is Pioneer brand gravy, that can be purchased at Wal Mart in the aisle that carries packet mixes. I know this because this is what I used to use before I started making my own from scratch. It is the "peppered" option of Pioneer gravy mix. No doubt about it. Now, my complaint is that if you are going to claim something is "homemade," then by all means it better be just that. I can't continue patronize a business that clearly lies on their menu. Are the pies not really homemade also?? AND-- how can you support a business owner that has a live monkey in cage at her other business, just so she can say that she has one? And at a roller skating rink of all places? disgusting. Will never give her our money again, at her cafe, or her roller rink. Thanks for the dog park though... it's very nice.

3  Thank twobears6970